Posted September 02, 2014
I'm honestly shocked at the number of 5 star ratings. As another post stated, if you have a child with different needs, don't go here. Even my typical child loved the new school that he moved to after leaving Pink far better. The PE teachers and music teacher are not creating a love for learning. The regular teachers - some are great, but others are snooty and don't want to deal with a child that is outside of the box. The overall feel of the school is snooty and unfriendly, especially the PTA. The principal is distant unless you make her mad. She doesn't hide her feelings well and does tend to blame parents.

Pink Elementary School 4

Posted July 18, 2014
We came from out of state and our previous elementary school was #1 in the state so I cannot help but compare. Academics here are good and the teachers communicate every week via email to the parents. I appreciate all homework for the week is given on Monday. They are mostly paperless and a lot of the homework is completed online which I think is good. It's the way of the world right now. Unfortunately, this school is severely lacking in arts and music which is why I am only giving 4 stars. It's also not very culturally diverse. Nice, clean campus; fairly new construction and I can't complain about the 2 block walk. The recess area is a bit barren and small. Overall satisfied.

Posted April 28, 2013
I liked this school at 1st. Most teachers from 1st-4th work well with parents & are helpful. Watch out for 5th grade! We faced the first F & Cs. The teachers don't tell us until it's too late. They hardly tell us when anything is due. They contribute to the problem & lowered my child's self esteem. It's not just the 5th grade teachers. The music teacher is burned out & didn't bother to show the parents her room during open house. Also, Pink keeps using the same substitute that doesn't work well with parents or kids with special needs. If you love this school, great, since you're blessed with motivated, non-special needs kids w/out behavior concerns. Be grateful! But don't dismiss those with negative experiences, for their bad experiences are genuine. You can love the neighborhood and dislike the school. Ask the school how many pulled their kids out due to not meeting their needs. I know of for sure 3 & now I might be one of them. I keep trying to make it work. I want it to work, but I see it is not. I scored them low because I don't wish this on anyone. I may pull my youngest out before 5th if the same team is there and nothing is done about the substitute and the music teacher.

Posted October 09, 2012
We love this school as well. This is our third year at PINK and we come from a family of eductators (though neither of us are educators). As my parents always said, there are always going to be people who believe the school is at fault.... In this case, as it happens in many well-off areas - its most likely the parents and not the school. The Principal and the Assistant Principal are very caring and extremely involved. Don't let a few negative posters fool you.. There is a reason the houses sell almost immediately in our neighborhood - people want in to PINK.

Posted September 20, 2012
We love this school. This is only our second year at Pink, but we have had nothing but a positive experience. Our kids have thrived in this school. We feel that the administration truly does care about our kids. We moved from another state and have another school to compare to. We are all so much happier at this school.

Posted February 08, 2012
It is my opinion that the principal is unprofessional to parents. Children at the school are restricted to the extreme. It is a culture where parents paint a fake smile on their faces and act as if they are involved with the school when they are really only allowed to provide free office work. If your child has a problem or issue the principal points fingers at the parents as if the school issue is instead a problem at home. In my opinion, she really only wants parents out of her hair.

Posted December 30, 2011
Overall we are extremely pleased with Pink. Our involvement is encouraged with Watchdog DADS and the PTA and we feel welcome on campus. The teachers are very caring and they challenge my child daily to help him grow and learn. If you could give 4.5 stars I would because no one is perfect, but this school is Excellent! We purchased in GP to be close to school, and we know we made a great decision.

Posted December 21, 2011
It is unfortunate that a few people had bad expericences, and want to slander a very highly sought after elementary school, with an outstanding staff. My daughter is treated very well while being challenged, but not pressured. I love everything about Pink, and also specifically bought in Griffin Parc for my child to be able to attend.

Posted October 28, 2011
This is a very bad school, principal can't care less about the children, she has her own "circle of favorite kids", she is a phony and very unpleasant individual. I was sooo happy to move out of that neighborhood, my every day was spoiled because i knew my kids need to go to that horrible school. Stay away.....

Posted July 21, 2011
Run as fast as you can from this school. It is THE WORST CAMPUS in Frisco. Bethany Rowan, principal, is only in it for the TAKS test and recognition of exemplary campus. She could CARE LESS about children that are outside of the "perfect student". The special education department is a JOKE. Children are not allowed to be individuals here. Find another campus - if you have a child with any kind of disability, AD/HD, autism, dyslexia, or the like, DO NOT GO TO PINK.

Pink Elementary School
3650 Overhill Drive, Frisco, TX  75034
Last modified Pink Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pink Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews.