PK-5|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Not sure why all of the reviews are so old, but I figured I would provide another data point. Our family loves this school. We have two daughters enrolled, one is more mature and generally a good listener and the other likes to play and is strong-willed. They are both THRIVING at this school. Not going to brag about our kids, but what they are doing at FMA blows away what we see/hear about kids doing at other schools. To the review below (granted it's from 2013, but I figured I throw it out there anyway), the Association Montessori International (AMI) standards state that the ideal size for a primary (ages 3-6) class is 24 - 35 children, so FMA was on the low end of the guidelines for student to teacher ratio. Part of the point of the education is for the child to be left alone to explore whatever it is they want to explore. I personally think that FMA gives the right balance of that freedom with enough structure to make sure kids are moving along with their lessons. In short, we are big fans of the school and will be keeping our girls there for the foreseeable future.

Me and my kid Love the School ..Nice staff and very good response to your requirements

My son has been attending FMA for about a year now and I can not say enough good things about this school. All 4 owners new his name within the first couple of weeks that he was there which was amazing considering all the children that attend their school. He is 3 now and by no means is he being neglected! In fact, he's been a bit of a handful and his teacher has taken the time figure out what works best for him. We love Ms. Cortez and are very happy that he is in her class.

I would like to clarify some of the comments that were said in the previous review. Yes, we are four owners who were Montessori teachers previously and wanted to make a difference in the lives of children. With this in mind, we opened Frisco Montessori Academy sixteen years ago. The children were then, and are still now, our primary focus. Most of our teachers have been at FMA for ten years or more. We are a family together with our teachers, parents and children. The PTO meeting mentioned was, in fact, a Parent Orientation in which our teachers presented works to our parents. We always encourage our parents to request a conference with their child's teacher to discuss any issues or concerns. We firmly believe in communication between our staff and our families. The Parent Orientation was not, in fact, the best platform for a parent to discuss his/her child's individual needs. We have tried to make FMA the best school and environment for our children. We have wonderful, caring teachers, fantastic parents, and happy children. We are proud of our school and our staff and will continue to make it the best it can be for our children. Jody Rosen, Director

The primary classes are filled with 24 kids. Many kids are being neglected this year from what i saw. Mostly 3 and 4 years old are the ones being neglected. They sit there for 30 minutes or more doing nothing. kids are very scared of their teachers, especially if they are 3 or 4. Kids are not able to tell the parents that they just sit there and do nothing. People who are writing good reviews must be the four owners. Even the teacher herself admitted she cannot handle all 24 kids' questions so she ignores the most little ones. Negligence issue was brought up last thursday during PTO meeting. As parents we have been told not to discuss this topic again during PTO meeting by director Jody Rosen and keep it private!

LOVE this school!! My first child has been going to FMA since 2008 when he was 2. My daughter began attending FMA as soon as I could enroll her!! Both kids have flourished there and have enjoyed and loved all the teachers they have had!! Every teacher my kids have had, has taken a personal interest in them...really getting to know them. My son's teacher even makes it a point to attend some of his after school sporting events (which is on her own time)!! My daughter can be a handful, but her teacher calmly and patiently took the time to get to know my daughter and learn what made her tick. Both of my kids love to learn and enjoy going to school - I attribute this to fully FMA. Any question or concern I have had, has been immediately answered / addressed by the teacher or administration. I cannot say enough good things about this school and the faculty and administrators. I do not hesitate to recommend this school.

My children have attended FMA since 2006 and I can not say enough good things about each of their experiences there. Not only are they AMS and IMS certified, the owners are previous teachers themselves. This is one of the main factors that go into making this school as great as it is. I have seen, first hand, where each of the owners have gone out of their way to help another child or family. One of my children is a former student of Mrs. Sorenson's. He was by no means a model child and had his own behavioral issues. This being the case he still flourished in her classroom and continues to benefit from the loving care and education he received from both her and her assistant. FMA has a very strict policy that parents need to make an appointment to meet with the teacher. I can understand and appreciate this as it is in place for the benefit of the children. The teacher can then focus on THEM during THEIR Montessori time. I have never had an issue setting up a meeting with any of my children's teachers. A simple phone call is usually returned the same day. FMA is an amazing school!

I STRONGLY disagree that Frisco Montessori Academy is not a true Montessori school! My children have been part of FMA s family of students for the past 5 years. My daughter, who is now in FMA s elementary, was in Ms. Sorensen s class for 3 years. My daughter, and now my son who is in Ms. Sorensen s class for his first year, have both thrived academically and socially due to the structured, yet loving environment she provides. She is extremely encouraging, patient, and caring. I also feel that there is no other Montessori school around that has such involved owners along with its teachers. FMA s four owners are at the school daily and truly know each child enrolled. They are constantly involved with their school, and you always see them helping in any way possible day in and day out. That is pretty hard to find these days; a private school where its owners are truly in it for the benefit of their students! I wouldn t trade the experiences and growth my children have had at FMA for anything in the world. Frisco Montessori Academy is the BEST!

This is NOT real montessori school with bad teachers & terrible management My daughter was NOT allowed to pick any work she likes, but stuck with the work she does not want to work on. If she never finish her work today, they will give her the same work the next day, so as to FORCE her to do what they want her to do (only writing and math). My girl ended up never work on any practical life and sensorial work My girl was in the class with the lead teacher Ms S who claim to have many years of experience and good reputation in the school. Turn out she herself does not even know how to hold the pencil right and teach my daughter the wrong way of holding the pencil. She does not want you to ask any question. She keeps reminding parents she finish school at 3pm and will not talk to anyone after that. She refuses to give out any email information as she never want any parent or student to contact her. Ms S highly DISCOURAGE any parent to teach their kids at home so as to avoid they do so much work that they dont want to work in school. Even my girl only goes half day school, she has a whole afternoon every day that the teacher keeps asking me NOT to do anything with her (except play).

My son attended briefly; he was in the primary program despite being bored with push-pin work and being ready to be challenged academically. He began getting into trouble and the inexperienced, yet sweet, teacher he had began to complain about him. The administrators all made small attempts to help, but in the end sided completely with the inexperienced teacher and refused to move him to a different class/level. We transferred him to Starwood Montessori where he went into the Elementary curriculum and blossomed immediately. Gone were the behavior issues. He then went into FISD where he went straight into the GT program and has gotten straight A's ever since. I fault this school for the lack of ability to better manage a gifted child's needs.

Last modified Frisco Montessori Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-5