PK-5|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

To everyone reading this Frisco Montessori Academy is a an Excellent Superior Montessori school that my son attended from the age of 2 to 11 years old. He absolutely could not wait to go to go to school everyday. The academics he mastered at F.M.A. school were so impressive that a Catholic School records department representative who was receiving 6 F.M.A .transfer students into their Junior high level my son being one of them , told me herself after seeing all the standardized test scores from F.M.A were the best she had ever seen and that F.M.A .was a outstanding academic school. Again we would be tested by John Paul II Prep College High school. Today the schools look at the entire child's personal profile before considering them for acceptance. They were so impressed going all the way back to when he first attended F. M.A. that he was immediately accepted because we were shy of 3 days before the deadline for entry. FMA has been the solid grounded foundation of my sons life. He would never be the outstanding Senior graduating from JPII if not for the wonderful base support that is in continually use that my son succeeds from everyday if not for F.M.A. We will always be indebted to to the brilliance of Frisco Montessori Academy for what they gave my son. They nurtured , supported, instructed, loved him as their own. I and my husband like sooooo many other family cannot thank F.M.A enough. Thank you Elda Capozzi , Pat Lisi, Kamen Moynihan, and Jody Rosen. Thank you Ms. Buchanan , Ms Byers, Ms. John, Ms. Lankford, Ms. Stanfill ,and Ms. Lage and Ms. McIntyre. unbelievable teachers with the intelligence and kindness to love my son, without all of you my son would never be the man he is today!!! You are far more than a Five star school , you are a 10+!!!!!!!

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

As a parent I was told their bullying policy is strongly in place and that their is absolutely no tolerance for that behavior of any kind at FMA.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

Each child is precious and FMA has shown the patience and understanding needed for any child that may have a challenge they have to work with. I commend the love the teachers show for each individual child at FMA

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The teachers at FMA are all certified, and educated with the knowledge for not only teaching the Montessori curriculum but preparing the perfect environment for each child's journey to experience for himself what the world is about, who he is as a person, and how to give back to society.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The children at F.M.A. are not only prepared to take care of themselves independently but are true leaders walking their path with confidence because of the guided love from F.M.A. teachers.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Everyone of the teachers at F.M.A. have the knowledge and supportive nurturing to guide the child in their instructional path of learning.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

The teachers give the appropriate amount of home required for supporting the child's growth in their growing academics studies.

Not sure why all of the reviews are so old, but I figured I would provide another data point. Our family loves this school. We have two daughters enrolled, one is more mature and generally a good listener and the other likes to play and is strong-willed. They are both THRIVING at this school. Not going to brag about our kids, but what they are doing at FMA blows away what we see/hear about kids doing at other schools. To the review below (granted it's from 2013, but I figured I throw it out there anyway), the Association Montessori International (AMI) standards state that the ideal size for a primary (ages 3-6) class is 24 - 35 children, so FMA was on the low end of the guidelines for student to teacher ratio. Part of the point of the education is for the child to be left alone to explore whatever it is they want to explore. I personally think that FMA gives the right balance of that freedom with enough structure to make sure kids are moving along with their lessons. In short, we are big fans of the school and will be keeping our girls there for the foreseeable future.

Me and my kid Love the School ..Nice staff and very good response to your requirements

My son has been attending FMA for about a year now and I can not say enough good things about this school. All 4 owners new his name within the first couple of weeks that he was there which was amazing considering all the children that attend their school. He is 3 now and by no means is he being neglected! In fact, he's been a bit of a handful and his teacher has taken the time figure out what works best for him. We love Ms. Cortez and are very happy that he is in her class.

Last modified Frisco Montessori Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-5