Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Too much (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted May 26, 2016
My son attended all 4 years. Academically he is beyond prepared for college. It is very challenging and competitive. Very diverse. Tons of opportunities for sports, clubs, arts, etc. Extremely safe and no drug/ alcohol problems at the school. If you do your research, you will see academically it's the best school in Frisco!

Liberty High School 4

Posted May 02, 2016
I'm currently at student here at Liberty, this being my third year. Liberty is very competitive academically and sports. Of course we have some good teachers and some bad, we have cut down on the drug problem and fights to where its very little or out of school issues. It's a great school to get different oppirtunites for the future, but you need to ask the right person (aka consular) for better information. I have to warn you though that it's very challenging to get a high ranking, and more work then it should be. If you are in the top 10% and are a student, you are in all AP classes plus mutiple clubs and other activites. It leaves the student exhausted and stressed, and honestly borderline insane. If your student (child) is involved in any out-of-school activites and/or a job, be warned that wanting a high rank will be very very challenging. We are crowded so competetion is high for everything. I have a high GPA and straight As and my ranking is not even in the top 50%. Great school, great education, just warning it's very hard to be at the top grades wise.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 02, 2016
One of my teachers is basically like family there, and so is other staff members and other school officals. They all understand and try to help.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted May 02, 2016
So many students are involved in so many things that majority of them have to drop just to manage. Some teachers understand and try not to give out so much, but others simple just don't care.

Posted March 08, 2015
Thank you to Liberty HS teachers, coaches, principal and support staffs. My daughter was at Liberty HS for all 4 years and she was well prepared to college. The AP classes at Liberty HS helped her for SAT, ACT and did extremely well in first semester in college. There are good and bad choices every where we go. For one thing that we were glad we did 17 years ago is moved here with Frisco ISD. I know that HS and colleges are more competitive every year. However, hard works pay off soon or later. Hat off to Liberty HS teachers, coaches, principal and support staffs.

Posted February 22, 2015
My son entered into Liberty High School in 2014. I feel course work is very intense and detail in every areas such as Biology, Geometry, Geography, Language. Students rarely get 7 hours of sleep time. Judging from my neighborhood students group, I can say competition is very high to stay in the top range. I will not fail to mention that teachers are knowledgeable and dedicated, and pay attention to individual student's need. I give A+ rating to Liberty High School, Frisco, Texas.

Posted June 10, 2013
I have 2 kids in Liberty High School and have been very impressed with the teacher involvement. I have access to any of my kids teachers with the ability to be kept updated with any issues they are having with my kids. I am aware of failing grades before my kids are and I can take care of any issues early. I like that Frisco ISD has a Zero Tolerance attitude and sticks to it. I give this school an A+

Posted May 14, 2013
Drugs in this school huge issue!!!! Teachers involvement is about 50/50 some good some bad. First 3 years my Son attended he lost a teacher each year due to lack of teaching. I would not move here and enroll my student into this school. Choose another Frisco HS but know drugs will be an issue at all of them.

Posted May 06, 2013
I have two children who currently attend Liberty. I would caution any transfer student (particularly out of state students) to think twice and stay on top of the student counselor. She is completely disjointed when it comes to helping students take the classes they need to graduate on time and ensuring that out of state credits are weighed the same. When she finally does say something, its about summer school and she acts like that is the only option (when it is not). She really is more of a secretary than a counselor or advisor of any kind. Other than that the teachers seem to be very supportive and the other office staff is always nice and the athletics department is awesome in motivating and inspiring kids to their potential.

Posted February 19, 2013
My son goes to LHS and so does my nephew. Academically it seams like a good school. My biggest concern now is about drugs. Both my son and nephew, different grades, stated that there are a lot of kids using drugs inside the school permits. They said they can even smell at 8 am in the hallways. I wish they could increase security . Other than that, its a good school.

15250 C G Rolater Road, Frisco, TX  75035
Last modified Liberty High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.