Frisco, TX
Students enrolled: 2,227

Posted June 10, 2013
I have 2 kids in Liberty High School and have been very impressed with the teacher involvement. I have access to any of my kids teachers with the ability to be kept updated with any issues they are having with my kids. I am aware of failing grades before my kids are and I can take care of any issues early. I like that Frisco ISD has a Zero Tolerance attitude and sticks to it. I give this school an A+

Posted May 14, 2013
Drugs in this school huge issue!!!! Teachers involvement is about 50/50 some good some bad. First 3 years my Son attended he lost a teacher each year due to lack of teaching. I would not move here and enroll my student into this school. Choose another Frisco HS but know drugs will be an issue at all of them.

Posted May 06, 2013
I have two children who currently attend Liberty. I would caution any transfer student (particularly out of state students) to think twice and stay on top of the student counselor. She is completely disjointed when it comes to helping students take the classes they need to graduate on time and ensuring that out of state credits are weighed the same. When she finally does say something, its about summer school and she acts like that is the only option (when it is not). She really is more of a secretary than a counselor or advisor of any kind. Other than that the teachers seem to be very supportive and the other office staff is always nice and the athletics department is awesome in motivating and inspiring kids to their potential.

Posted February 19, 2013
My son goes to LHS and so does my nephew. Academically it seams like a good school. My biggest concern now is about drugs. Both my son and nephew, different grades, stated that there are a lot of kids using drugs inside the school permits. They said they can even smell at 8 am in the hallways. I wish they could increase security . Other than that, its a good school.

Posted January 07, 2013
Liberty High School its a great school!!! My daughter attended all 4 years at Liberty, and I'm very satisfied. I will recommend this school to anybody. We absolutely loved it!!!

Posted August 28, 2012
There are some things at this school that I don't agree with. Over the past couple of years, the enrollment at Frisco Liberty High School has increased from around 1750 to over 2000. However, they have shortened the passing period from 7 minutes to 5 minutes; which, in my opinion, is a pointless change that provides zero benefit for the student who has to go from a class downstairs to his or her locker then to a class upstairs. It's rushed, and its crowded, and creates more hassle. As far as academics and enrichment goes, Liberty offers a rich assortment of clubs and activities. Students can attend things like talent shows and join clubs like the jewelry club. In addition, Liberty has several clubs like JWAC and DECA, that look excellent on college applications. When AP exam week rolls around, know that the AP teachers have prepared each student well. And each of these teachers has a high passing rate for their respective subjects.

Liberty High School 1

Posted August 07, 2012
I've been a student here for 3 years and I've been dying to get out. The administration focuses on all the wrong things. I typically have to teach myself because the teachers are terrible. And the students are very pretentious, and if they're not then they are into drugs and alcohol. We constantly have people getting into fights and it has been nicknamed "fight Fridays". The APs and principal are very oblivious and are lenient on things they should be strict on and strict on stupid things. Unless you want your son or daughter getting into the wrong crowd or hating high school then I would not send them to this school.

Posted June 20, 2012
Great new school with excellent teachers and facilities. Teachers care about the students and want them to succeed.

Liberty High School 1

Posted February 25, 2012
This school is HORRIBLE. do not send your kids here if you have a choice. the principal is awful, he will flirt with your girl students and make them feel very uncomfortable. he should not be a principal, why do you think so many good teachers are leaving. the amazing dance teacher left and now their football coach is leaving. I wonder why...it all comes from the top. MR.BURDETTE should be gone.

Posted December 29, 2011
There are a lot of new teachers in Frisco ISD. Some of the new teachers do not live up to the standard. My son was in Fowler MS GT program, two GT teachers there were just wonderful. He is very disappointed by his English teachers in Liberty HS and we have to find a private English tutor from Plano ISD to keep him afloat. Frisco ISD should have more rigid hiring process and teacher training. English department in Liberty HS is not very strong.

Liberty High School
15250 Rolater Road, Frisco, TX  75035
Last modified Liberty High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Liberty High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top