Frisco, TX

Posted December 06, 2014
We recently moved from out of state, and was impressed by the level of security at the school. I have 3 at this school and can say I am very pleased with all of their teachers. I can shoot them an email and get a response within a few hours. Our oldest has an IEP and is special needs. I am able to communicate with her SPED teacher, the entire staff has been very understanding with her and her needs. She is considered PDD-NOS, and is on grade level. I couldn't be more happier. We're looking to purchase a home, but trying to find any way to stay in the school boundaries. I like the fact that homework is given on the friday/monday and due at the end of the week. Even though it isn't much, the graded classwork that comes home puts me at ease. Our kinder is reading at about the same pace her brother did when he was in kinder. And at his previous school, he had a LOT of homework. So overall I'm very happy with our choice. I mainly chose this school when we first relocated b/c our family was close by, and the school was walking distance. It just so happened to be one of the schools on my list that I was interested in due to the positive reviews for special needs children.

Posted August 23, 2014
We have two Corbell Elementary graduates & one starting K this year. Our (past) experience has been nothing but positive, not a single complaint. Parent involvement is HUGE here, it's one of my favorite things about the school. Teacher communication is excellent, with weekly newsletters & easy access to your child's teacher you will always know what is going on on campus.

Posted September 13, 2013
We just began our 3rd year at Corbell & we LOVE it! The staff, teachers, parents are all welcoming and caring. Parent involvement is outstanding as is the community outreach. We have been thoroughly impressed with how well our children have performed these past few years on the standardized tests. Each teacher that we've been lucky enough to have have been nurturing, caring, understanding and have taken a personal interest in our children. Can't say enough GOOD things about Corbell Elementary!

Posted June 18, 2013
I've had 2 kids go through Corbell and one still there. I can't say enough good things about this school! The school climate is extremely warm and friendly. The Principal and Asst. Principal are both kind and caring people, and the kids adore them. All of my kids teachers have been excellent. Parents are always welcome to be involved and they even have a program just for dads to be involved. Outstanding school!

Corbell Elementary School 2

Posted May 31, 2013
I have children that have been going to this school for a couple years. I would not reccomend corbell to one single person. I have seen a lot of issues in this school since my kids started there. Teachers that mis treat children and get away with it. Then when you report it to the principal nothing has been done about it. The PTA completely runs this school!! BEWARE they will walk all over you!!! what ever the PTA ladies say thats what goes. If you are a parent trying to put something together as far as a fundraiser or anything that the children can benefit from the PTA will shoot you down in a minute. Very controlling ladies in this group! Security is also a concern here. They are lacking in many ways when it comes to their staff here. This school is in a nice neighborhood but dont let that fool you, it is a TERRIBLE school!!!

Posted September 01, 2011
I have two kids at Corbell, and we've had a great start to our year. The teachers are kind, but also maintain discipline. I could not be more impressed with the great people at this school. Corbell also has an awesome Life Skills class for children with Special Needs. My kids aren't in the class, but they benefit connecting with these great kids and teachers. Corbell values kids of all abilities. My kindergartner joins the Life Skills class on Fridays to learn sign language. So great!

Corbell Elementary School 4

Posted August 31, 2011
Regarding comment #1: If you have a problem you need to address it in person to the person you are upset with and get their viewpoint, rather than lash out anonymously behind an internet site. That cannot create the change you wish to see. Yes, people talk because they are interested in hearing about the various styles/personalities of their teachers/kids' classmates/administrators/etc. & what is happening in their child's life, not to be malicious. I have 3 kids who have been through the school and in general had an excellent experience. This school would be be very hurt without outstanding subs and volunteers who go above & beyond to strive for excellence. I personally know one sub who has helped students in her free time for no fee. Keep up the good work!

Corbell Elementary School 3

Posted May 15, 2011
Corbell is a great school, but the security is lacking in comparison to other schools in Frisco ISD. I think it's a great school for parents who think the rules do not apply to them or their children. I would feel much better if the parents who were there were actually volunteering instead of sitting around gossiping. Some are privy to private information due to their substituting and volunteering at the school and do not hesitate to share that information with others who have no business knowing.

Posted January 19, 2011
Corbell is the best elementary school! The WARMEST principle and teachers. They not only genuinely care for the kids, they enjoy what they do. They enjoy the kids and teaching them. It is a fun, positive, and welcoming school. All three of my kids thoroughly enjoyed Corbell.

Corbell Elementary School 0

Posted April 27, 2010
We have attended Corbell for the last two years. I have a kinder and a first grader. It is an amazing school. The parent involvement and PTA are very strong here. That combined with great teachers, staff and leadership make this a truly special place. We have had wonderful, caring teachers who continue to motivate and challenge my kids. They are not bored. The principal is a wonderful man who really cares about the kids. If you are considering moving to Frisco think about moving into the Corbell area. We love it!

Corbell Elementary School
11095 Monarch Drive, Frisco, TX  75034
Last modified Corbell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Corbell Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top