Frisco, TX

Posted December 03, 2013
We searched all over TX, VA, TN, and many other states, but found Celina, TX had an excellent school, caring teachers, awesome tradition in sports with record 8 State Championships in Football and many in Track. Still has a small town charm and lots of homes being built every month. Lots of nice people is what you'll find in Celina, TX.

Posted October 28, 2013
Celina High offers a small school environment, promotes self-discipline, has supportive teachers, and is smartly planning for Celina's growth in the next decade.

Posted December 19, 2012
We have two kids here, and, as others have mentioned, there's a distinct resentment of newcomers. Sports are pushed above all, while funding for specialized learning assistance as been slashed, Additionally, Celina is extremely proud of its overwhelmingly Protestant and quasi-fundamentalist nature, to the point of many district administrators and employees publicly decrying the separation of Churrch & State, and teachers & principals administering discipline based on who they "know are good Christians" from their churches versus those who don't attend. It's pretty oppressive if you're not a "fundie" yourself. Academics focus on worksheets upon worksheets, "teaching to the test", etc.

Celina High School 1

Posted October 17, 2012
Celina high school is a joke the it's split between athletics and people who aren't in athletics football players get special privileges that other students don't when you graduate your not prepared for college your not prepared for life outside of high school.. Its a horrible school district that waisted my time teaching me absolutely nothing

Posted April 10, 2009

Posted December 03, 2008

Posted October 24, 2008
We also have three children in Celina schools (ES, MS, and HS).. We definetely have noticed the lack of communication between the faculty and parents.. No parent teacher conferences, just usually a one line note every six weeks.. Once I was not even allowed to walk my 1st grader back to her classroom when she had more than a full load to carry!! Not parent friendly!! Overall I rate the system below average, especially considering the growth of the community, and the tax base, the school system is not keeping up, although I don't think it's a $$ issue.

Posted October 14, 2008
I also have three children in the celina Schools, We moved here about a year and 1/2 ago. I was asking my children some basic history ?'s and noticed that they have not been teaching them here in this school. We have almost every friday off,or early relase for school 'SPORTS'. I can't believe that considering that my childrens accademic standings are going down. Overall if you have your prioraties out of wack this is the school for you. We are moving our children promptly!

Posted October 02, 2008
We moved here over two years ago from another area of Texas and have 3 children in Celina. While the small town atmosphere is wonderful and the community spirit is great, there are many things that need improvement... There is definitely an attitude of 'not born here, you're not from here' with many of the locals, longtime residents, and with some of the faculty members. Many resent newcomers and the significant growth of the school and town. As another reviewer mentioned, there is little communication between the faculty and parents, there are no Parent-Teacher conferences, even in elementary. The athletic program is very good, although the girls programs take a distant 'backseat' to the boys programs in both funding and quality/number of staff. Many of the faculty members are long-time residents, which has benefits but also presents challenges.. Overall I rate the school district below average to average.

Celina High School 0

Posted August 04, 2008
The high school is definitely more focused on sports than academics; specifically football. The community is very proud (& should be) of the football championships however a balance needs to be created. Right now students receive a solid average education and the AP classes are not in line with state expectations. I was shocked to find out that the gym locker rooms did not have showers but the locker rooms at the football stadium did. The new high school is scheduled to open in a few weeks and parents are anxious and hopeful that the administration will take a proactive approach in making academia the priority.

Celina High School
3455 Preston Road, Frisco, TX  75034
Last modified Celina High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Celina High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top