Bad
Good

Posted April 09, 2016
My son loves going to school! The programs are very good, the communication to parents could be a little better but nonetheless I receive weekly updates, I see my son's progress in small videos in the Seesaw app (which I love!). They are very strict regarding attendance, being late, behavior, but I think that is better in order to form habits of excellence in our kids.

Posted November 18, 2015
We have had kids at this school since it opened! In fact, my middle child was the charter class who attended k-5 al the way through the 1st time at Allen. All 5 of us love Allen. It is a friendly place and all the staff and administrators and teachers are wonderful. Can't say enough good things.

Posted November 23, 2014
All 3 of my kids go/have gone to Allen. Wilkinson & Treadwell are excellent. All teachers have been wonderful. We've been there since they opened, and each time one of my children moves on to middle school, Allen is/will be missed very much!

Posted May 09, 2014
Great school. I was a little frustrated with my daughter's kindergarten teacher but this year her 1st grade teacher is awesome. I come from a Texas public school and my mom taught at one for 35 years. Allen is top notch for a public school.

Allen Elementary School 1

Posted January 11, 2014
I don't know how this school shows high ratings. If your child is having a problem learning with their teacher and not doing good don't expect anything to be done by the principal. They will let your child struggle academically. If you can pay high private tutoring fees to the teacher outside of school they might teach your child to be where they need to be. It is very disappointing.

Allen Elementary School 3

Posted October 24, 2013
Moved to Frisco because we thought the schools would be better. I have been extremely disappointed. I'll start first with the pros: -Friendly staff -The structure of the school is awesome, with each grade having its own "pod" -Great technology FISD seems to be militant about the following: -Parents not allowed in the school. I will never wrap my head around this...parents are critical in a childs educational growth, and most crimes that are happening in schools take place by school staff and other children. Not parents! Not allowing parents is ridiculous and COMMUNIST -Silent time at lunch -Absurd expectations regarding behavior. Half the boys in my son's K class are 6-going-on-7 years old. My son is 5. This is because the school holds kids back if they behave in an age-appropriate manner. If your son is high-energy and talkative they will keep him in K another year All in all, many of the negatives here can be found in public schools due to the decline in the way public schools are run. But FISD takes it to the extreme. Don't believe the hype. Ratings are based off of test scores alone, not actual understanding of subject matter nor ability of the teachers.

Allen Elementary School 2

Posted December 28, 2012
I AM NOT IMPRESSED WITH THE SCHOOL AS FAR AS DIVERSITY KNOWLEDGE AND TEACHINGS - WE ARE IN A GLOBAL WORLD- THIS SCHOOL WILL GIVE IN THE BOX EDUCATION BUT NOT ANY OUTSIDE THINKING OF BEING DIVERSED.

Posted July 08, 2012
my children began going to allen in the middle of a school year, after being homeschooled through december. the transition went well for both of them. the principal will work with you and you children to make any bumps smooth out and the energy and love of the teachers to the staff is, in my opinion, unsurpassed in Frisco. if your children are re-zoned to Allen, breathe easily, they will be in good hands.

Posted November 03, 2011
I have a son with special needs and have struggled to find a public school that believed in his ability to learn and be a part of the school community. Allen Elementary is AMAZING! My sons progress began immediately and he is surrounded by teachers and friends that support and uplift him. I couldn't ask for a better school.

Posted February 28, 2011
After a HORRIBLE exxperience at Spears, Allen Elementary was a breath of absolute fresh air. The Principal is the best. She is outside at drop off and in the halls during the day where the kids can see her. She is very approachable. I don't have enough room here to say all the great things about Mrs. Treadwell, Mrs. Meyers as well. The teachers may be young, but they are strong teachers and they really like to be with the kids. We recently moved back to Arizona. It was extremely hard ofr us to leave Allen Elementary. The Mrs. Wilkinson makes this school and it is a great school.

Allen Elementary School
5800 Legacy Drive, Frisco, TX  75034
Last modified Allen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.