Bad
Good

My babies first minimum security prison. Schools like this are exactly why the United States is 17th in educational performance and Texas is 43rd in the U.S. All they do is effectively create drones to throw out in a consumerist society. No true human potential will be nurtured here. Starting with kindergarten the children are in class 8 hours a day and get 30 minutes for a quiet lunch with assigned seats followed by 30 minutes of recess on a tiny playground. Similar to how prisoners are allowed an hour out in the yard. The attendance policies are very harsh and in the first speech the vice principal made to the parents she warned everyone she's not afraid to get the courts involved. Parents aren't allowed in the school without a very specific reason, so drop off involves pulling around back and letting your kid go with various teachers who lead them to the gym so they can sit and wait for the bell. Pick up is waiting in a line that can potentially wrap around the school if you don't show up 40 minutes early and the various teachers then bring the child directly to your car, which can take forever and just feels like a good way to let teachers avoid face to face contact with parents. When explaining pick up to people without kids they all say the same thing, feeling that it is similar to picking up someone who just got out of prison. The other 7 hours of school they sit in over crowded classrooms with 1 or 2 small windows and go through the same motions every day, with only 2 field trips a year to break the monotony. Schedules like this, and the inability for any freedom of exploration are why adults get depressed, why wouldn't this apply to children too? I give it 2 stars because it is a safe and clean environment with very nice teachers who will present facts and help my child to learn. But I stongly believe none of it will be effective. Don't be surprised if your child gets bored, has an excess amount of energy, or gets in trouble for day dreaming. While this place establishes rules and has educational material that is necessary for society to continue, they completely ignore the human spirit forcing the children into thinking within the box and to be robots. I hope you have a beautiful homelife and take your child to do many worldly activities because this place will deprive them of any true life experience and they will hate school by 3rd grade

My son loves going to school! The programs are very good, the communication to parents could be a little better but nonetheless I receive weekly updates, I see my son's progress in small videos in the Seesaw app (which I love!). They are very strict regarding attendance, being late, behavior, but I think that is better in order to form habits of excellence in our kids.

We have had kids at this school since it opened! In fact, my middle child was the charter class who attended k-5 al the way through the 1st time at Allen. All 5 of us love Allen. It is a friendly place and all the staff and administrators and teachers are wonderful. Can't say enough good things.

All 3 of my kids go/have gone to Allen. Wilkinson & Treadwell are excellent. All teachers have been wonderful. We've been there since they opened, and each time one of my children moves on to middle school, Allen is/will be missed very much!

Great school. I was a little frustrated with my daughter's kindergarten teacher but this year her 1st grade teacher is awesome. I come from a Texas public school and my mom taught at one for 35 years. Allen is top notch for a public school.

I don't know how this school shows high ratings. If your child is having a problem learning with their teacher and not doing good don't expect anything to be done by the principal. They will let your child struggle academically. If you can pay high private tutoring fees to the teacher outside of school they might teach your child to be where they need to be. It is very disappointing.

Moved to Frisco because we thought the schools would be better. I have been extremely disappointed. I'll start first with the pros: -Friendly staff -The structure of the school is awesome, with each grade having its own "pod" -Great technology FISD seems to be militant about the following: -Parents not allowed in the school. I will never wrap my head around this...parents are critical in a childs educational growth, and most crimes that are happening in schools take place by school staff and other children. Not parents! Not allowing parents is ridiculous and COMMUNIST -Silent time at lunch -Absurd expectations regarding behavior. Half the boys in my son's K class are 6-going-on-7 years old. My son is 5. This is because the school holds kids back if they behave in an age-appropriate manner. If your son is high-energy and talkative they will keep him in K another year All in all, many of the negatives here can be found in public schools due to the decline in the way public schools are run. But FISD takes it to the extreme. Don't believe the hype. Ratings are based off of test scores alone, not actual understanding of subject matter nor ability of the teachers.

I AM NOT IMPRESSED WITH THE SCHOOL AS FAR AS DIVERSITY KNOWLEDGE AND TEACHINGS - WE ARE IN A GLOBAL WORLD- THIS SCHOOL WILL GIVE IN THE BOX EDUCATION BUT NOT ANY OUTSIDE THINKING OF BEING DIVERSED.

my children began going to allen in the middle of a school year, after being homeschooled through december. the transition went well for both of them. the principal will work with you and you children to make any bumps smooth out and the energy and love of the teachers to the staff is, in my opinion, unsurpassed in Frisco. if your children are re-zoned to Allen, breathe easily, they will be in good hands.

I have a son with special needs and have struggled to find a public school that believed in his ability to learn and be a part of the school community. Allen Elementary is AMAZING! My sons progress began immediately and he is surrounded by teachers and friends that support and uplift him. I couldn't ask for a better school.

Last modified Allen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.