Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

This is a great school. Teachers are very talented. Especially the extra curricular activities makes this awesome school.

My son is about to start his second year at Phillips and we have had nothing but good experiences with the office staff and teachers. The kinder teachers all knew the kids by name even those who were not in there class...we hope to continue having wonderful experiences with the school.

Amount of homework: Disagree

I do feel my son could have homework, I know he was only in kinder last year but I believe having school work starting at this age only prepares them for middle and high school.

this is our Daughter's second year at Phillips, she was transferred there from Boals (which we loved) after the re-zoning. so we were not sure what to expect. but now we love the school, the teachers overall are very involved and tend to push the students. I am a little disappointed in the quest program lately since they have new teacher (she does not seem to challenge the students as the teacher before). overall we are very happy.

It all depends on the teachers you get. My neighbors got teachers who made students write journals at home, pushed the students to be independent and do creative work. Our teacher on the other hand never pushed my son. My first parent , teacher meeting was a disaster. As per the teacher my son could count up-to 10( even though he knew additions before going to school). So the teacher doesn't really knows much about the student.

Fantastic school and teachers! They make it a point to know every student's name. We moved to this area one year ago and are so happy our daughter is attending this school.

Our first year in this school is very disappointing. BAD teacher. Big discrepancy between classes in the same grade, so basically, if you get a good teacher, you get the basic of what other school offer. But if you are like us who get a irresponsible teacher, we get nothing but negative experience!! The teacher never send any work that the kid did at school but asked us to wait until the end of school year so we dont know what the kids are doing every day. If you ask her, she was very rude and defensive. Basically, she just does not want to update parent on anything so there will be no question for her and less work!! She constantly took leaves to attend wedding for a week, leaving nothing for the sub to follow. The principal is NOT experience at all!! She is NOT good in management and the teachers do not listen to her and there are a lot of turn over on teachers. Overall, BAD school.

The teacher quality is really poor from my experience. The teachers my son has had don't seem to have much experience. And the teaching approach leaves a lot to be desired. In the teacher's defense (sort of) there are a lot of kids in these classes.

Best school ever...teachers are very qualified and well responsible.staff are very friendly. The premise are neat and clean. My boy loves his school and teachers.

Negative- Principal is icy and cold. You will not be approached with warm smiles and conversations. Positive-amazing front desk staff, incredible teachers and special teachers (Library, music, art, p.e.). From the outside looking in, this school has a dynamic group of talented staff, unfortunately, the warmth and welcome lacked from top administration.

Last modified Phillips Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.