Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted April 28, 2016
Academics rather than sports are the focus. Because it is a school that parents self-select into, the culture is in large part shaped by academically oriented families. That is one part of the charter school experience that is often overlooked: parents who value academics inculcate those values into their kids who then shape the student culture. While I would like to see more and better after school offerings, I cannot complain too much. When it comes to the school's raison d'etre, education, Leadership Prep is unmatched in the North Dallas area. The classes are small (I believe 75 students per grade broken into three classes each) so there is a sense of community among students. Uniforms are mandatory, helping to counteract cliques. My son's experience is much more pleasant than was mine in larger schools. The atmosphere is fun but demanding. The teachers are involved and enthusiastic. Mrs. Holland is a phenomenal principal who helps set a positive tone where ethics, academics, and leadership are valued and reinforced. The feedback I receive is specific enough that I, as a parent, can easily act on it to improve performance at home. My ability to tailor my son's home learning to remedy areas needing improvement has been easy because of the quality of this feedback. Finally, the school is unusually diverse. My son is developing close friendships with students from many cultures and backgrounds. Based on our discussions, it is clear that this wide array of backgrounds is teaching him how to understand points of view outside of his own and we have had fascinating conversations as a result. I cannot imagine having my son in any other school. He loves going there each morning and is enthusiastic about learning. As a patient, that is satisfying.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted April 28, 2016
Performance is rewarded. When there is a need to improve, guidance is provided along with support and a positive attitude. Kids learn that they need to strive, nothing is just given.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted April 28, 2016
The teachers are extremely effective and help students to be their best. Teacher quality is uniformly high.

Posted October 26, 2015
Hi I am a student that attends LPS. I am in 7th grade. I have been going to this school since the beginning this school has started I love it! LPS has an amazing principal and the teachers and staff are very caring and care about your growth. I wouldn't choose another to go to. I love it so much. ( My teacher didn't tell me to write this review I chose to. I wrote it because I Love LPS and wouldn't dream of going anywhere else.) Thanks!!

Grateful to: School leader

Posted October 26, 2015
I love Mrs. Holland!! She is the best principal in the world!!! She is caring, loving, and fun to be around when I have problems.

Posted June 06, 2015
Ths is a Great school. Great teachers. Feels like a family environment. We love this school.

Posted July 26, 2014
My son just completed Kindergarten there & we are so impressed with the knowledge he has gained since attending LPS. He loves going to school & looks forward to learning. The 7 Steps they follow & the leadership aspect of this school is outstanding! I have no doubt that my children will become responsible adults that will make a difference in this world. Yes there will be a 7th grade for the 2014-5 school year & the principal does not hire her best friends as another reviewer stated. The lottery admission is in place so everyone has a fair chance at attending this fine institution.

Posted May 17, 2014
It's a good school. My two kids are there since the first year of the school started. It gets better and better each year. Teachers and staff are awesome. School will have 7th grade, but may not have upper grade in the future. (not sure yet) However, it's important for to built up the foundation and prepare to go to bigger school.

Posted March 24, 2014
My son attends LPS. He is in 1st grade. I cannot praise the teachers enough. He has excelled and grown up so much over the year. I'm quite shocked to see the displeasure from the other reviews. There WILL be 7th grade next year! Thanks to our board and our landlord. If the parents are that disappointed maybe they should withdraw and go to another school!!! That would open a spot for one of the hundreds of kiddos on the wait list!!!

Leadership Prep School 4

Posted February 27, 2014
We enrolled out son, it went to lottery. We ONLY saw for 2014 20+ KG and two 6th graders accepted. It upsets me that if they know these are the open slots they shouldn't make everyone else go through the process.

8500 Teel Parkway, Frisco, TX  75034
Last modified Leadership Prep School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.