Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Academics rather than sports are the focus. Because it is a school that parents self-select into, the culture is in large part shaped by academically oriented families. That is one part of the charter school experience that is often overlooked: parents who value academics inculcate those values into their kids who then shape the student culture. While I would like to see more and better after school offerings, I cannot complain too much. When it comes to the school's raison d'etre, education, Leadership Prep is unmatched in the North Dallas area. The classes are small (I believe 75 students per grade broken into three classes each) so there is a sense of community among students. Uniforms are mandatory, helping to counteract cliques. My son's experience is much more pleasant than was mine in larger schools. The atmosphere is fun but demanding. The teachers are involved and enthusiastic. Mrs. Holland is a phenomenal principal who helps set a positive tone where ethics, academics, and leadership are valued and reinforced. The feedback I receive is specific enough that I, as a parent, can easily act on it to improve performance at home. My ability to tailor my son's home learning to remedy areas needing improvement has been easy because of the quality of this feedback. Finally, the school is unusually diverse. My son is developing close friendships with students from many cultures and backgrounds. Based on our discussions, it is clear that this wide array of backgrounds is teaching him how to understand points of view outside of his own and we have had fascinating conversations as a result. I cannot imagine having my son in any other school. He loves going there each morning and is enthusiastic about learning. As a patient, that is satisfying.

Hi I am a student that attends LPS. I am in 7th grade. I have been going to this school since the beginning this school has started I love it! LPS has an amazing principal and the teachers and staff are very caring and care about your growth. I wouldn't choose another to go to. I love it so much. ( My teacher didn't tell me to write this review I chose to. I wrote it because I Love LPS and wouldn't dream of going anywhere else.) Thanks!!

Ths is a Great school. Great teachers. Feels like a family environment. We love this school.

My son just completed Kindergarten there & we are so impressed with the knowledge he has gained since attending LPS. He loves going to school & looks forward to learning. The 7 Steps they follow & the leadership aspect of this school is outstanding! I have no doubt that my children will become responsible adults that will make a difference in this world. Yes there will be a 7th grade for the 2014-5 school year & the principal does not hire her best friends as another reviewer stated. The lottery admission is in place so everyone has a fair chance at attending this fine institution.

It's a good school. My two kids are there since the first year of the school started. It gets better and better each year. Teachers and staff are awesome. School will have 7th grade, but may not have upper grade in the future. (not sure yet) However, it's important for to built up the foundation and prepare to go to bigger school.

My son attends LPS. He is in 1st grade. I cannot praise the teachers enough. He has excelled and grown up so much over the year. I'm quite shocked to see the displeasure from the other reviews. There WILL be 7th grade next year! Thanks to our board and our landlord. If the parents are that disappointed maybe they should withdraw and go to another school!!! That would open a spot for one of the hundreds of kiddos on the wait list!!!

We enrolled out son, it went to lottery. We ONLY saw for 2014 20+ KG and two 6th graders accepted. It upsets me that if they know these are the open slots they shouldn't make everyone else go through the process.

good but not . the 7th grade thing is stupid. they knew since august but they didnt tell us untill january. but besides that its really good. but parents face the fact, they are offered a building buy monnteesori. if you guys donate it will go though.

The school waited half an year to announce they will not move forward with a 7th grade. Poor leadership on planning. The school teaching standards are going down as the Principal only hires her best friends as new teachers weather they deserve the job or not.

I used to agree with every good review. However, the school as cancelled 7th grade with no warning. My child was ready to continue through high school but that will not be the case. The school and the board have let down 50 students and their families. Shame on you LPS for not standing by your teachings!

Last modified Leadership Prep School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.