Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

I did have some experiences with one or two teachers who didn't know anything. They had a drama teacher teach an animation class and had no idea what they were doing. I went to go ask about any upcoming assignments to an American History teacher and the teacher had no lesson plans. She even had no lesson plans for that day. She spent all of class complaining about her family instead of teaching. But other than those two I had positive experiences. One of the best math teachers I ever had taught me at Staley.

Amount of homework: Agree

A good manageable load. You usually had some time to work on it during class. Although I never did a lot of my homework from laziness the work load was manageable.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Students are always honest. I have never seen any incidents of cheating or unfairness among them. They are overall really good and friendly people

The administration will jump right on a problem if there is one. Almost all the faculty is nice and friendly and knows almost every student by name. The kids are nice and very welcoming

This school is great. We received 7 out of 7 stars for STAAR results, and we were only two of the thirteen schools in FISD to do that. We have great teachers, amazing community, and great pizza! (Oh, and cookies.)

Hi, My name is Timmy. Recently, I graduated 8th grade from Staley. I cannot wait to go to Wakeland in August 2014. My Special appreciation to all the Teachers & Staff members who taught me well for last three years. Timmy Tran (8th grader) Supervised by parents

This is a terrible school. There is no communication to the parent about anything until it's too late do anything about it. The principle is just coasting by giving the same old rhetoric of "all the teachers are great". They're not. More than one has failed to contact me, return my emails, or even seem to care about my child's education. They use out-dated material when teaching. The kids don't have books to study. They get xeroxed copies of things that they aren't even allowed to take home. This is a very poorly run school. I only hope the entire district isn't this bad.

Teacher dedication is unmatched! I have friends who send their kids to expensive (16k a yr per kid) private schools. Although the curriculum at the private school surpasses that of FISD, the dedication and individual student care and attention from shown from the Teachers and Admin at Staley is unmatched. They had 2 of my kids who transferred into the district for 7th and 8th grade and one of them was NOT an easy student, but I can never thank them enough for just doing what they do and how it made such a difference in and for my kids.

Cirriculum very soft for gifted kids. In 7th grade she still hadn't learned anything not covered in 4th grade at previous school. High turnover! A very bad experience for my autistic child. Some extremely good teachers but overall the system fails my autistic daughter who is also profoundly gifted. Awesome atheletics but I send my childrent to school for an education.

We think they are doing a fantastic job!

Last modified Staley Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.