Bad
Good

My son just finished his first year at Smith as a Kinder. We have had a great experience, his teacher was well qualified (Masters with 10 yrs experience) and she was so awesome with my very shy child. All of the teachers were very caring and the new principal seemed very competent and approachable. Our son gained so much confidence and really liked this neighborhood school. I definitely would recommend Smith to others.

Both my kids have attended Smith Elementary, and my younger one still does. I just got back from attending one of their Celebrate Smith assemblies - a weekly celebration that happens every Friday. The infectious enthusiasm, the spirit that the the principal and the teachers infuse in the kids has to be seen to be believed. The principle is a visionary, he wants to make a difference. He gives teachers and parents the latitude to introduce new and wonderful programs. 8 years ago I went to him with a request to introduce Destination Imagination ath the school, he supported me and today the school has won Global 1st place for about 4 years in a row. And this is just one example. He has introduced a program called SMITH talks, modeled after TED Talks. The school hosts science fairs, spelling bees, Kindness challenges, in additon to the academic excellence that the staff fosters. We are truly fortunate to get to go to Smith Elementary.

This school is the testing ground for new FISD programs and new tests. So the children's time here is wasted with overtesting rather than teaching.

This is my second school year as a parent at this school. It is a wonderful, tight-knit, neighborhood school. The principal is fantastic, and I hope he continues to lead this school the entire time my children attend. The teachers are so wonderful, and truly have their hearts in their positions.

Smith is a fantastic elementary school. It was named a national Blue Ribbon school a couple of years ago. The teachers are wonderful, the principal is connected to the kids and participates in their activities with them. Our son, who is a junior in high school, went there from 1st through 5th grade, and our daughter is just finishing 5th grade there this week. We have considered moving to a different neighborhood a few times over the past 10 years, but always decided to stay because we didn't want our kids to move out of Smith. It really is an incredible school.

We moved from Carrollton to Frisco and started this school in January. 5th grade teachers are outstanding. This rigor and excitement is over the top. Project based experiential work for the kiddos and a principal who truly has school spirit. Only recommendation I would add is for the school to consider 'buddy' programs for new students AND to have the homeroom teacher meet week 1 or 2 with the new student and parents. We had to 'figure' a lot out on our own initially without an 'orientation' to the new school or classroom. Overall highly recommend this school

This school is great as far as the energetic spirit and the Principle is the best. The kids are a different story. There are more bullies in this school and the teachers don't seem to do anything about it. The parents of these bullies should be ashamed of themselves not teaching their children morals and values!!

My kid's in 1st grade now and our experience with this school is excellent :) Love the school, teachers and the energetic spirit of the principle.

Keeping our two daughters (1st and 2nd graders) at Smith is keeping us from moving into a much needed larger home. Smith is a wonderful school with amazing teachers and staff!

My daughter has attended Smith for the last 5 years and overall it's a wonderful school. The teachers are great and attentive to every child's needs. The academics is top notch and the children are highly challenged in all subjects. The principal is the best - hands down!

Last modified Smith Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.