Posted September 30, 2014
This is not the school for you if your kid needs any accommodations. The 8th grade counselor is disorganized and lacks empathy, or general skills.. The Principal is a dinosaur, and student's needs are not being adequately addressed as there is no leadership or vision by his non presence or courage to evolve, make changes. The teachers are amazing at this school so don't despair if you are stuck here. Excellent Band Program.

Posted July 18, 2014
Not sure how this school rates a 10...bullying is a major problem. I spoke to one child who said he transferred due to bullying. A friend of mine cried repetitively this year, as her child was bullied daily, but then he was vilified when she tried to report it. My own child was harassed daily in a specific class, and when I notified the school, not only did they do little to protect my child, they also stopped returning my calls.

Posted May 25, 2014
the athletic coaches pick favorites!!! its not fair & there (not all, mainly coach grithifts is the bad one that hates me & a lot of other students, of them are bad, but they all do pick favorites) HORRIBLE coaches, I'm very sure that almost all of them never played the sport there coaching(volleyball, basketball, soccer, football, & track).!! don't come to this school! is't not good at all!!!! i hate it sooooooo much!

Posted March 19, 2014
This is a terrible school!!! My girls were there for two years and they were bullied and when we took it to the principal, he did absolutely NOTHING about it. Actually, when it was brought to his attention my child was the one disciplined and not the bully. Also, as far as the athletics there???" what a joke" The coaches are lacking the knowledge to teach the kids.... I don't believe the "coaches" have ever even played basketball. The teachers there also are allowed to curse at there students. The teachers are mean and some are so old and cranky they just need to retire. It got so bad here that we had to move to protect our kids. I don't see how this school received a ten?

Clark Middle School 3

Posted January 16, 2014
Clark has been a great experience for us so far with our two kids. The few things which are kind of shocking to be present in a Frisco ISD schools - - Lack of core material for students on a daily basis - there are no more textbooks for kids to haul around which is great for their backs but unless they take diligent notes there is not much to review. I would prefer some sort of electronic format textbooks. These kids have devices coming out of their ears these days. Also with the tax base here I am shocked to see handful of devices for use in the school. Money is not being spent in the right places. - The biggest disappointment for me to date has been the Athletic program. The basketball teams are nothing more than a popularity contest. I know girls who have worked hard for years who have been moved out of the competitive teams for a person who is no where in the skill level but is popular. This teaches these kids nothing about hard work but instead just beats them over the head with popularity. Half the team is made up of cheerleaders. It is an absolute sham.

Clark Middle School 3

Posted December 07, 2013
About half of the sixth grade teachers are mean, however, most of the core class teachers are nice. The seventh grade teachers can be strict and the eighth grade teachers and by far the nicest!!!!! I don't have a good chemistry base for next year because my science teacher last year didn't understand it herself, but this year she is only teaching math. They had a bully program last year (I'm not sure about this year since I'm in high school now), but it didn't do much to help. I never saw any physical bullying, but there was some emotional and cyber bullying. The girls coaches are really awesome!!!!! I went from being terrible to being on my high schools JV team and with an average coach I probably would've made the freshman team. I found the principal to be helpful, friendly, and courteous in general. The VPs were ridiculous though.

Posted August 17, 2013
If you have a special needs/ autistic child this is not a school for you. The teachers thought that our child was very independent, therefore when he had an anxiety attack, he got detention for it. The principal is very rude and the staff (except for the receptionist) cannot think for themselves. We are not coming back to this school.

Posted April 04, 2013
As a former 8th grader, I have been physically hurt here. No matter how much you tell, you still get harassed. It is unacceptable to let those kind of things happen. Whenever I try to take physical action on my bully, I always end up in trouble!!! It's like the teachers don't care about me getting bullied but they care when right at the moment, I'm about to punch the bully! It's not right.

Clark Middle School 5

Posted January 28, 2012
Mr. Katz and Mrs. Vanhook, the Band and Orchestra teachers are very funny and nice. Allthough, Band has some nice students and orchestra not so much.

Posted September 10, 2011
A a prospective homebuyer in the area these kind of comments really affect our decision. Bullying, rude teachers. I suspect we will look elsewhere

Clark Middle School
4600 Colby Drive, Frisco, TX  75035
Last modified Clark Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clark Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top