Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Wester Middle School 2

Posted March 30, 2016
Overall this is an unfriendly school which does not serve its students or families well. Bullying is an issue - but the worst bullying at Wester comes from teachers who are unkind, unhelpful, egotistical and arrogant. With a few wonderful exceptions, the administration and staff are smug and entitled. I have found very few good teachers at this school - don't be fooled, Wester kids' standardized test scores are good because of elementary school preparation and support from home. The classroom teaching is below par. I would not recommend this school to anyone who is looking for an academic challenge in a healthy community setting.

Posted September 23, 2014
Overall, it's been a fantastic experience for my daughter. She entered the 8th grade this year, and she can't wait to get to school every morning! The teachers are extremely attentive, and everyone is taught the value of hard work and teamwork, and I'm continuously surprised by how much she has grown as a student and a person. There is no doubt in my mind that she is equipped to tackle any challenges as she graduates next year and moves on to high school and beyond.

Wester Middle School 1

Posted May 15, 2014
I am extremely disappointed at how this year has gone for my student. The worst my student has ever done in school. The school is full of cliques that are nasty and mean, girls and boys, and racism is rampant. Even many of the teachers seem to cater to many of these kids who are in these cliques. Academically it is hit or miss. The girls sports program is excellent, the boys is beyond bad. I should have known it was going to be a bad experience when my student went to orientation a the beginning of the year and the parents were not welcome. Really? We have decided to move so that our student can go back to their old school. (Also a FISD school) This was such a bad experience for us, we can't leave fast enough.

Posted January 09, 2014
I am currently a 7th grade student at Wester and I have to say it is a pretty good school. Nobody really bullies, maybe some people do but it gets taken care of. There are a lot of "dirty" students in the 7th grade, if you know what I mean. All the teachers are nice, except one kind of just slacks off and just tells us to do stuff. My favorite subject is science because of my teacher, Ms. Delozier! She is the nicest teacher and is super nice, and a great teacher! I have a 98 in her class! Also, being a band student, Wester has the best band directors. I play flute and I absolutely love band! The students are kind of stuck-up and they all wear like Uggs, Vans, Pink, and stuff like that so it kind of pressures the people that don't have that expensive stuff that "Oh your not cool unless you have this brand". Overall, I love Wester, and I feel at home here. I would recommend this school to anybody.

Posted October 24, 2013
It is a nice experience at this school where my son has gained confidence and has made friends from day one. The teachers are great

Wester Middle School 2

Posted June 20, 2013
This was not a great experience. The kids are not friendly at all. The band teacher was terrible and ruined my sons confidence. Add to this getting in and out of there is a nightmare.

Wester Middle School 4

Posted September 29, 2012
Good school my kids love going here. The kids are nice and respectful towards each other.

Wester Middle School 4

Posted August 12, 2012
I am very pleased with the teachers and staff at Wester Middle. My kids did very well, and with the help of many caring teachers they succeeded nicely. They are now at Centennial High and can't be any happier. Great School.

Posted February 26, 2012
Can somebody tell me if I should go to Wester or Clark? I know them two schools are practically rivals, but after school I could walk over to my mom's school (Centennial High School) and stay with her after school and plus I could have a "reunion" with one of my old friends I have known since pre-k. But at Clark, none of that would happen. I would just stay with the jerk "friends" that I know now.

Posted January 21, 2011
Before i came here I felt like just another kid lost in the crowd. Cliche, but i felt like i had no important talents. Most of my other schools the teacher didn't pay and special attention to certain students who needed help (like me, I have ADHD) and let our talents be ignored. At Wester, they help focus on our best qualities and certain problems. They help remind us to turn in HW, they keep the agenda and online homework printouts updates (mostly), and find ways to make people who work differently work with the same subject and project. It probably saved me from giving up on my talents. A short example is that I'm good at History, Science, and English, and so a teacher recommended me for the Academic Pentathlon, and I can be a strong link there and feel important.

Wester Middle School
12293 Shepherds Hill Lane, Frisco, TX  75035
Last modified Wester Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.