Posted May 05, 2014
I've raised 2 kids K-5 at Spears. The teachers have all been great. No complaints all the way around.

Posted April 18, 2014
This is a 5-Star School. My son has Asperger's, is high functioning. The Special Education dept, the school Counselor and Special Education teachers are truly top-notch. Mike Russell

Posted March 23, 2014
Excellent school. We moved from Plano and we love it here. We were in a great Plano school district and were worried about the kids adjusting. That wasn't a problem at all. My Kindergartner now reads at 1st grade level. PTA involvement is excellent. Great facilities as well.

Posted January 26, 2014
Since many off the reviews are from previous years I want to speak about Spears NOW. We were new to Spears last year and came from a private school knowing the Frisco schools were well rated but not knowing what to expect for sure. We came in when the new principal started and she has changed some things dramatically. She is very personable, very present, involved in the daily activities and in no way a "snob" as some parents described about the staff from years before. It was a tough transition coming from a small private school setting but after being there for 2 years I think this is an excellent school. It is true there are some parents that act immature but that is the case anywhere. I feel there are some very nice, down to earth, genuinely good people - parents, kids and staff. The teachers seems to be pretty good but we were used to having a very close relationship with the private school teachers and that's just not possible in a public school for so many reasons. Overall they truly care about the kids and I don't feel they are always "teaching to the test". We are very pleased with our experience so far at Spears with 1 child & have 2 more starting next year.

Posted September 05, 2013
All of my children attended Spears. One K-5th grade. Yes, the school looks nice and it has the funding from wealthy parents to appear to provide a good learning environment from the outside. However, the wealthy, high school acting parents, are the worst part of this school. They raise bratty, materialist, sports crazed kids! We could not leave the school fast enough!!! The teachers were great but the front office secretary is a complete snob and the principal was unapproachable. How does my child spend six years at a school and we never once have a conversation with the principal? Additionally, they spend half of the year preparing the kids for the STARR test (previously TAKS) so they can keep the scores high to receive funding. A word of advice to parents moving into this school district...save your money and purchase a home in a cheaper neighborhood. Your kids will be more happy and so will you!

Posted August 21, 2012
Excellent school. Very proud my child is part of Spears Elementary. The teachers are wonderful, caring, and very devoted. Could not ever find a school as good as Spears. Moved here from a terrible school district where kids carry guns to school. Every day I drop my child off at Spears, I am grateful and thankful he is getting the best education possible. That is worth more than anything in the world to me.

Posted July 05, 2012
We love this school...Our first year was a little rough but only because the expectations are so high. Spears strives for excellence in both their teachers and their students. We moved from Carrollton where education was sub-standard. Love the area, love the parent involvement, love the seeds they are planting for our future generations. Thank you, Spears!

Posted April 07, 2012
Spears is an outstanding public school. Their teachers devote a lot of time to after school tutoring to help all kids regardless of a child's background. The school does not discriminate and treats each child as special. The school is zoned for neighborhoods of all economic backgrounds including apartments, trailer homes, to very upscale neighborhoods. My daughter receives after school tutoring and she loves the attention. I am not sure why some parents feel the school has materialistic teachers. I have found the teachers and staff to be caring and concerned and they don't care what economic background a child is from. They care about a child's success. My husband has a blue collar job and I stay at home. We couldn't be happier.

Posted April 04, 2012
Very uncaring and materialistic teachers. Don't expect to get any concerns resolved. They do not care about the social/emotional development of the children , they are mostly concerned about their test scores/ratings. The test scores might be good thanks to all the private tutoring wealthy families can provide for their children.

Posted April 04, 2012
The staff from front office to teachers is full of "SNOBS"... They dont really care about the social development of the kids neither do they care about you concerns. They only care about the wealthy families that give a lot to the school.

Spears Elementary School
8500 Wade Boulevard, Frisco, TX  75034
Last modified Spears Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Spears Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews.