Posted May 24, 2013
We're going on our third year now at Gunstream and so far have been pleased. The staff and teachers are great, the facilities clean and in good shape. The curriculum is mandated by the district and IMO not very challenging but not easy either. My child scores above average on math and reading for his grade level, so no complaints there. My complaints--they don't really teach handwriting, for example--is a FISD issue, not individual schools. The PTA is very active and there is plenty for parents to get involved with--classroom helper, room mom, etc.--without having to join. All in all, pleased with Gunstream!

Gunstream Elementary School 1

Posted May 16, 2013
Gunstream is horrible! My sons 3rd grade teacher has retired and his fourth grade teachers give him detention if he laugh because another kid farts! But what's worse, is he's been injured 3 times there, I have the photos to prove it, large gashes and they never called me! The fourth grade teaches ar the worst! No talking at lunch or the halls, i've been there at lunch. I've never seen 32 kids soooo silent!!!! while the teachers were glaring at them. The teachers complain about everything! Leaning on a kid, looks sick and wouldn't participate, do not send your child here!!! You'll regret it! I've taught! This is the worst school ever!

Posted September 29, 2012
Mr. Smolka is great. He always handled parent and student concerns gracefully and professionally. The kids love him. Some of the teachers had to be monitored closely. The bullying system could be better. The school is very well maintained and clean.

Gunstream Elementary School 3

Posted May 01, 2012
I think Gunstream has a great lower grade program, but after 2nd grade, the children are embarrassed in class in front of their piers, and left to fend for themselves against bullies. It really saddens me that my son that used to love school now dreads it, since he is one of the nice kids that gets picked on. The teachers sit outside at recess gossiping and not really watching what goes on. Then when the kids try to tell they are told not to tattle. My son that once loved school is not dreading each day. I am very sad about this all and I am hoping that they figure out you can't stop caring just because the kids get older. Other than that, love the younger grades and the work the teachers do and effort they put into it. I hope things change before my son is so depressed there is no hope left about school!

Gunstream Elementary School 2

Posted October 19, 2011
The Kindergarten and 1st grade teams are very good at Gunstream. However, we have been very disappointed with 2nd grade and above. We are now trying to sell our home so that we can get our kids into a better school. School digger says it all. Gunstream ranks 566, Wester Middle School ranks 108 and Centennial High School ranks 56.

Gunstream Elementary School 4

Posted August 24, 2011
The teachers and principal are wonderful at Gunstream! We couldn't ask for a better school that this one.

Posted August 16, 2011
My older daughter met the best teachers here both years. The staffs are great, efficient, nice and patient. The principle Mr. Smolka is very fun and all the kids loves him.

Posted May 16, 2011
This is my child's last year at Gunstream. It has been an absolute pleasure to have so many great teachers and administrators educate my kid. It's great to see that this school takes a tremendous sense of school pride and teaches the children to be proactive in so many ways. I love the way the the staff keeps everyone "in the know" with Friday Morning Live and the global announcements over the intercom. For my kid, I'd do it again.

Gunstream Elementary School 0

Posted April 01, 2009
The amount of work that goes into making our children feel special is amazing. The PTA does a good job but I would like to see more educational programs next year.

Posted December 09, 2008
My children came from another great school within Frisco and we realized that the bar was raised on the academic side of things. My kids love there teachers and new principal.

Gunstream Elementary School
7600 Rockyridge Drive, Frisco, TX  75035
Last modified Gunstream Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gunstream Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top