Ft Hood, TX

Posted September 25, 2014
We really like the teachers here. My kids have been attending this school going on their 3rd school year. I do see a difference in attitude with the office staff. Not too friendly with parents and the children. I've witnessed the counselor push the back of my child's head to hurry her to class. I did not appreciate that and on top of that had to set an appointment to make a complaint to the principal or assistant principal which did not get resolved. We get attitude from the counselor now and she no longer greets good morning. Other than that the teachers are really great. Never had an issue with any of them and my children come home with new things they learned everyday

Posted April 16, 2014
My Daughter has been going here for almost a year total now and the problems with the school keep multiplying. Our neighbor's son (5 years old) was dropped off at school inside the building and somehow (Miraculously not the school's fault) managed to walk outside the school, across the drop off lane, through the parking lot and across Comanche Avenue...back into residential housing. The child was unaccounted for until he found his way back home to a shocked mother. Our neighbor stormed back to the school to demand answers and received only belittling comments from the Vice Principal and was told that it was her fault, she was a bad mother and that the school would assume no liability. We reacted normally and took extra steps to make sure the same didn't happen to our 4 year old Daughter and were scolded by staff when we remained near the school until our Daughter was physically received by staff members. Now the tip of the iceberg as surfaced, the school went into lock down, gave no explanation of why and refused to release students to their parents. Under the Texas Penal Code, a parent has the civil right to possession of their child, this right cannot be abrogated.

Posted October 12, 2013
The school principal and vice principal cannot be bothered with parent concerns. My child has been bullied two years in a row at the school and nothing has been done about it. The principal blamed me saying I dropped the ball. When my child got mad after being knocked to the ground he got in trouble for throwing something. They refused to talk to my child with me their, the principal flat out refused, but after I left she apparently with hands on her hips told my son that he was the one at fault

Posted September 20, 2013
When did teachers stop being educators? This school seems to be more concerned with curriculum than education.

Posted May 24, 2013
Clarke Elementary This is by far one of the worst schools that I've seen throught out our 20 year military career. We have 4 children, from high school to elementary, educated through out the country. I was never allowed to meet with the principal to address concerns; only the assistant principal(AP) would be available. After I've meet with the teacher and AP you would think I would be able to meet with the principal. This environment DOES NOT care about educating all of their students. They care about their friendships with their teachers. When I caught up with the AP in the office, one of the office worker ran off to tell the teacher what I was discussing with the AP (How unprofessional) First graders(FG) have homework maybe twice a month, sight words every night. The teacher is inconsiderate and selective about whom they want to educate. FGs are picked up everyday afterschool from the teacher. I would ask what should we work on and can you give us additional worksheets. I was like pulling teeth to get extra worksheets. But when progress report or report cards came out she wanted to fail my child. I have never seen a teacher so intent on seeing a child fail. Shame on you!

Posted January 08, 2013
my kids attended this school in 2008-2009. This is an adequate school, one of the better in the area. I would like to see all the schools on post improved, and I don't mean throwing money at them. I think it would take some stress off of families if the school environment was just a bit better.

Clarke Elementary School 2

Posted April 02, 2012
Unfortunately this school is one that we will be happy to leave. Our first two years were wonderful, my child loved it, and the leadership was responsive and attentive. Then the leadership changed and it went downhill fast. I do feel for the military families that have to have their children enrolled here any time in the near future. There is a considerable disconnect between the military family and what that means to the senior staff here. Complaint processes are drawn out to the point where any resolution occurrs only by means of your child finishing the school year and hoping that the next teacher, problem, bully, didn't follow them to that next grade. If you plan on enrolling your children in Clarke, my best advice (because there are some wonderful teachers here) is to ask the principal specifically what they do when children are subjected bullying and harassment. If you are pleased with the answer, hold them to it. Ask the same questions in regard to the education process (specifically, do they prepare the student for a certain test or do they teach the material so that the child will learn it). I hope your experience will be the same as our first 2 years!

Clarke Elementary School 5

Posted March 21, 2012
Two of my four kids attend this school and I must say they have been so supportive and so helpful. The office staff has been helpful everytime I have had to come in. The teachers both my boys have are great! Mrs Hill has been so wonderful that my 5 yr old now loves the idea of coming to school. My 9yr olds teacher Mrs Dalton is awesome as well, she has token notice of my sons weakensses and has brought up ideas to help him strengthen them. Wish other schools had wonderful teachers like them!

Posted January 24, 2011
i dont like the people in the office they ack like they dont know what there doing. I do like the teachers! its a clean nice school, I like that it only goes to 3rd grade.

Clarke Elementary School 5

Posted July 11, 2008
My 4 kids attended Clarke for 4 years in all grades that the school has, Pre-K thru 3rd grade, one of them attended every grade. The staff is friendly, the teachers are supportive and parents are involved. The CCA (Clarke's version of the PTA) has paid for all the field trips the last 2 school years so that no student is left out. We loved our time at Clarke and miss the staff.

Clarke Elementary School
51600 Commanche Ave, Ft Hood, TX  76544
Last modified Clarke Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clarke Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top