PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Our Lady of Fatima School 1

Posted October 29, 2014
The front desk staff is rude.The clerk came around the desk and stood over me talking in a loud demeaning manner. The counselor and assist. principal didn't know conduct and grading policies when asked and didn't attempt to find an answer until asked. The counselor asked my why I didn't know. 2 teachers didn't return change until a written request was sent. One replied, after 1 1/2 weeks of waiting & sending a note, that parents usually donate change and she'd assumed I had. Most teachers aren't certified to teach in Texas and are teaching for the first time. I'd asked before registering my students if they would be certified and told yes. The counselor isn't certified to counsel in Texas. I feel that they are working at the school until they are able to pass certification exams and then will move on to public schools. Questions about the curriculum, or classroom techniques result in repercussions for the student. Parents are expected to sell fundraiser tickets, or pay out of pocket for them, and buy enough snacks for twice a day for a week. My husband was told by office staff that they can't give receipts for collected lunch money.

Posted November 15, 2013
I am glad this school now goes to 8th Grade!!!!! It is so wonderful to have a strong academic program in a safe, calm, Christian environment for older students.

Posted August 12, 2013
My children attended OLF. The falculty and teachers are very friendly. They provided a good foundation for my kids. I would recommend anyone seeking a Catholic School in this area to consider OLF. The kids loved it there.

Posted March 17, 2013
This school has made a huge difference in the life of my son. He has developed academically and socially. He will stay there through 8th grade because it is such a wonderful faith filled environment.

Posted May 09, 2007
My daughter has been a student of OLF since pre-K. It is a wonderful school, great teachers and administrative staff. They offer, music, basketball, art and other activities. We wish it didn't stop at 6th grade.

Our Lady of Fatima School
1702 9th St, Galena Park, TX  77547
Last modified Our Lady of Fatima School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8