Posted June 04, 2014
I go to BHA and at times they can be strict but it's a wonderful, fun, Islamic learning environment for kids and teens. I've been at BHA since the middle of 6th grade and I am now a freshman. I used to go to public school and i personally think that BHA is a way better environment to learn and make friends(: and our principal, vice principal, and deen are only few of the amazing administrators at our school. They're always smiling and they spread cheer around school. The only hard part about BHA is that since it is a private school, it does come with more responsibilities and effort. But it's nothing that a determined student can't handle(:

Brighter Horizons Academy 4

Posted June 05, 2013
Experienced teachers. The school works hard to promote character along with education and gives priority to the security of the kids.Overall good school with the ambition to grow more!

Posted February 15, 2013
I graduated from BHA in 2008, after being a student there since 5th grade. I absolutely recommend this school for anyone who is looking for a balance between a great education and an Islamic foundation. It is truly the only Islamic school in the area that follows a "middle-of-the-road" philosophy. Some of the same teachers who taught me back when I was a student there are still there today! I love visiting the Academy because it is easy to see the growth and improvement every single day.

Brighter Horizons Academy 4

Posted February 15, 2013
I have been working at Brighter Horizons for about 4 years now. I have never experienced Islamic school, as I only received public school education growing up. I would have to say that the Dallas community is very lucky to have an educational institution as BHA. Despite the fact that there are a lot of other wonderful educational institutions in each town, BHA stands strong. Alhamdulillah, our students are above average comparing to most other students at other schools (the proof is in black and white). But, anybody who says that BHA has deficiencies, is not completely wrong. I don't know of one Public or Private (Islamic, Jewish, non-denominational) school that is absolutely perfect-to the tee. We are growing, and are only getting better with every passing year. If this wasn't the case, BHA would still be a house at Polk Street. Alhamdulillah, we are resilient, and BHA is expanding faster than ever, Mashallah. For those who do not appreciate the big picture, I don't think any school out there will satiate your needs. Homeschooling might be your best option! ; )

Posted February 12, 2013
As-salamu alaykum. I honestly feel that this is an excellent school - but it is a unique one. I've been a teacher for 30+ years, with teaching assignments all over the world. I've seen the whole range of ed'l institutions. No school on the face of the planet is free of problems. No - BHA doesn't offer the full range of what other prestigious private schools can offer, and we could not unless students attended from 8 to 6. We face constraints that other schools do not face. We attempt to provide a quality academic, as well as Islamic, curriculum. One of the areas in which we excelled in our recent, successful re-accreditation process was in providing a loving, safe, and supportive educational atmosphere. It has been my experience here - and elsewhere - that most often the most disgruntled, virulent and critical voices are those of students who were not ready to put in the effort required to succeed, or parents with Utopian expectations. I did not see any teacher reviews here, so I'm putting in my 2 cents for what it's worth. In the end, if I have said anything wrong, it is my fault alone. And if I have said anything beneficial, then all praise belongs to Allah (swt).

Brighter Horizons Academy 2

Posted January 05, 2013
I like my friends in this school but the teachers are horrible! None of them can teach, it's not even funny. I'm so glad I went to public school for a while before i came here. the vice principal won't hear anything from any of the students who are complaining about his mom (which is one of the teachers..) and it's not fair. One of the teachers is so rude that she won't even listen to the kids that want to ask her a question about the assignment. she just keeps saying "go go go go go go go" until the student eventually walks away. Many of the teachers can't teach well. They just copy the examples the textbook gives us onto the board and says "It's so simple, there it is". Some teachers just give the students an assignment without explaining anything and then sit in front of their computers on facebook. Two stars = very generous..

Brighter Horizons Academy 1

Posted August 26, 2012
I don't think this school provides the quality of education expected at the price of admission. My daughter's language skills actually deteriorated as a result of some of the teachers language skills. It should be expected that an English teacher,for example, be proficient in the proper pronunciation of her subject. I had to re teach my children that verbs are not worbs, wowels are actually vowels and the plural of sheep are not sheepskin! I used to be scared of public the public school system but this school has me equally scared.

Posted December 11, 2010
in terms of Islamic Schools, Brighter Horizons Academy is the vanguard of islamic schools in the south part of the US. We not only have the facilities but also the curriculum to make our children grow up within their own community,

Posted May 17, 2010
As a BHA graduate, I am proud to have completed my elementary, middle, & high school education at BHA. I attended college and have graduated with my bachelors. My BHA peers have moved on to medical school & graduate studies. Some of the BHA graduates have been accepted to Harvard, Rice, Cornell, Georgia Tech, Johnson & Wales, UT-Southwestern Medical School, University of Texas at Austin, and the list can go on. I am a proud BHA graduate, and I will continue to support BHA. And God willing, I intend to have my future children attend BHA. For someone to comment that the school profits money is absurd! BHA has a huge facility that needs to be maintained and education is NOT cheap. Textbooks, certified teachers' salaries, computer and science labs are not cheap. Students tuition doesn't even cover it all. So Thank God that a school of this caliber exists!

Brighter Horizons Academy 1

Posted February 18, 2010
This school hungry money and they thing they are #1 they make millions of dollars and they say they none profit, they built it free from donations

Brighter Horizons Academy
3145 Medical Plaza Dr, Garland, TX  75044
(972) 675-2062
Last modified Brighter Horizons Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Brighter Horizons Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top