PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

No private school is immune from the occasional bad experience with teachers, but overall, the teachers at BHA are hard-working, caring, and thorough, as well as very knowledgeable about their subjects.

Wonderful school environment. Supportive, Islamic, friendly, welcoming, informative. Differentiated learning is a vital part of the educational strategies they encourage and employ. Great emphasis on building well-rounded character: Islam, academics, sports, extra-curricular activities. Great place.

Private school rude staff.Performance of School and teachers depends upon donations from rich doctors and businessmen. Sometimes they do well on finances but most of the time down performance due to less donations.

My son is attending this school for 2 years now (3rd Grader), and I can see the well rounded growth that I was looking for: 1. He has been challenged well academically and learning a lot with so many activities, which are pushing him to understand the real concepts with practical knowledge. 2. His Math, Reading, Science and Social Studies knowledge and skills are exceeding expectations. 3. A very well managed Islamic education and learning program, not only focusing on theoretical learning, rather focus is on how to implement Islam in everyday life, undoubtedly amazing teachers. 4. Quran learning is way above and beyond, and focusing on Tajweed, Nazirah and Memorization. 5. Great huge indoor Gym and outdoor track and field with Soccer ground and a lot of Sports activities. 6. Field trips, Arts and mix of other social activities. In a nut shell BHA is by far the best Islamic School I have seen so far in North America, and we are glad to move to Dallas for this School, it's worth investing for our future, our children. BHA keep up the good work please.

It is very nice to have an Islamic school such as Brighter horizon Academy in the U.S. I'm proud to have my children attend such school. I understand it takes hard work to get where you want to be but it is greatness in the making and you will get there very soon In Shaa Allah. Keep up the good work.

Assalamu 'Alaikum After experiencing other Islamic schools in the DFW area, I have to say this is by far the most organized Islamic school. First of all, it started as a school, unlike many other Islamic schools which are run out of a masjid. Also, as a college prep school, the focus is not only on hifz-al-Qur'an but also on academic success and college readiness. I had my daughter in a non-Islamic private school and she excelled academically. I put her in a different Islamic school and she was miserable. Alhamdulilah I'm glad I found BHA because now she not only excels academically but also in Islamic studies. I'm amazed at what she comes home and tells me she learned in Arabic every day masha'Allah. I love the teachers - they are all caring and dedicated. Many of them I know outside of school as friends. If you are looking for an Islamic school that provides both academics and Qur'an/Arabic/Islamic studies, BHA is it.

I have 3 kids at BHA and I couldn't imagine having them anywhere else. The teachers really care about the kids and the administration is always helpful. I see some people complaining and I can't understand why. I guess some people are impossible to please. As an added bonus, BHA now has a real athletic program that competes with other private schools in Texas.

If only there was a rating lower than one star. If you're trying to get your son or daughter into a safer environment, BHA is the same as any high school. Alot of students date and some do drugs just as in any public school. My language actually completely deteriorated. Most teachers are just there for the money while only a few care about the well-being of the students. The school will do anything for money such as expelling a student to only suspending them. The worse the school is getting the higher the tuition. I've been trying to get my parents to transfer me out of this living hell but they blinded by what they think is an "Islamic environment". My teacher doesn't even make her own tests or quizzes and she doesn't even grade the papers she gives us as class work or homework. She makes kids grade them for volunteer hours not to be generous, but because she's too lazy. The education is actually worse then public school education and the Islamic environment is corrupt. So you'd be sending your children to a public school that makes you pay around $680 dollars per month.. Why waste your money?

Experienced teachers. The school works hard to promote character along with education and gives priority to the security of the kids.Overall good school with the ambition to grow more!

I graduated from BHA in 2008, after being a student there since 5th grade. I absolutely recommend this school for anyone who is looking for a balance between a great education and an Islamic foundation. It is truly the only Islamic school in the area that follows a "middle-of-the-road" philosophy. Some of the same teachers who taught me back when I was a student there are still there today! I love visiting the Academy because it is easy to see the growth and improvement every single day.

Last modified Brighter Horizons Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12