Garland, TX

Posted April 27, 2015
My son is attending this school for 2 years now (3rd Grader), and I can see the well rounded growth that I was looking for: 1. He has been challenged well academically and learning a lot with so many activities, which are pushing him to understand the real concepts with practical knowledge. 2. His Math, Reading, Science and Social Studies knowledge and skills are exceeding expectations. 3. A very well managed Islamic education and learning program, not only focusing on theoretical learning, rather focus is on how to implement Islam in everyday life, undoubtedly amazing teachers. 4. Quran learning is way above and beyond, and focusing on Tajweed, Nazirah and Memorization. 5. Great huge indoor Gym and outdoor track and field with Soccer ground and a lot of Sports activities. 6. Field trips, Arts and mix of other social activities. In a nut shell BHA is by far the best Islamic School I have seen so far in North America, and we are glad to move to Dallas for this School, it's worth investing for our future, our children. BHA keep up the good work please.

Posted January 15, 2015
It is very nice to have an Islamic school such as Brighter horizon Academy in the U.S. I'm proud to have my children attend such school. I understand it takes hard work to get where you want to be but it is greatness in the making and you will get there very soon In Shaa Allah. Keep up the good work.

Posted January 13, 2015
Assalamu 'Alaikum After experiencing other Islamic schools in the DFW area, I have to say this is by far the most organized Islamic school. First of all, it started as a school, unlike many other Islamic schools which are run out of a masjid. Also, as a college prep school, the focus is not only on hifz-al-Qur'an but also on academic success and college readiness. I had my daughter in a non-Islamic private school and she excelled academically. I put her in a different Islamic school and she was miserable. Alhamdulilah I'm glad I found BHA because now she not only excels academically but also in Islamic studies. I'm amazed at what she comes home and tells me she learned in Arabic every day masha'Allah. I love the teachers - they are all caring and dedicated. Many of them I know outside of school as friends. If you are looking for an Islamic school that provides both academics and Qur'an/Arabic/Islamic studies, BHA is it.
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 08, 2015
I have 3 kids at BHA and I couldn't imagine having them anywhere else. The teachers really care about the kids and the administration is always helpful. I see some people complaining and I can't understand why. I guess some people are impossible to please. As an added bonus, BHA now has a real athletic program that competes with other private schools in Texas.

Brighter Horizons Academy 1

Posted January 04, 2015
If only there was a rating lower than one star. If you're trying to get your son or daughter into a safer environment, BHA is the same as any high school. Alot of students date and some do drugs just as in any public school. My language actually completely deteriorated. Most teachers are just there for the money while only a few care about the well-being of the students. The school will do anything for money such as expelling a student to only suspending them. The worse the school is getting the higher the tuition. I've been trying to get my parents to transfer me out of this living hell but they blinded by what they think is an "Islamic environment". My teacher doesn't even make her own tests or quizzes and she doesn't even grade the papers she gives us as class work or homework. She makes kids grade them for volunteer hours not to be generous, but because she's too lazy. The education is actually worse then public school education and the Islamic environment is corrupt. So you'd be sending your children to a public school that makes you pay around $680 dollars per month.. Why waste your money?

Posted June 05, 2013
Experienced teachers. The school works hard to promote character along with education and gives priority to the security of the kids.Overall good school with the ambition to grow more!

Posted February 15, 2013
I graduated from BHA in 2008, after being a student there since 5th grade. I absolutely recommend this school for anyone who is looking for a balance between a great education and an Islamic foundation. It is truly the only Islamic school in the area that follows a "middle-of-the-road" philosophy. Some of the same teachers who taught me back when I was a student there are still there today! I love visiting the Academy because it is easy to see the growth and improvement every single day.

Posted February 15, 2013
I have been working at Brighter Horizons for about 4 years now. I have never experienced Islamic school, as I only received public school education growing up. I would have to say that the Dallas community is very lucky to have an educational institution as BHA. Despite the fact that there are a lot of other wonderful educational institutions in each town, BHA stands strong. Alhamdulillah, our students are above average comparing to most other students at other schools (the proof is in black and white). But, anybody who says that BHA has deficiencies, is not completely wrong. I don't know of one Public or Private (Islamic, Jewish, non-denominational) school that is absolutely perfect-to the tee. We are growing, and are only getting better with every passing year. If this wasn't the case, BHA would still be a house at Polk Street. Alhamdulillah, we are resilient, and BHA is expanding faster than ever, Mashallah. For those who do not appreciate the big picture, I don't think any school out there will satiate your needs. Homeschooling might be your best option! ; )

Posted February 12, 2013
As-salamu alaykum. I honestly feel that this is an excellent school - but it is a unique one. I've been a teacher for 30+ years, with teaching assignments all over the world. I've seen the whole range of ed'l institutions. No school on the face of the planet is free of problems. No - BHA doesn't offer the full range of what other prestigious private schools can offer, and we could not unless students attended from 8 to 6. We face constraints that other schools do not face. We attempt to provide a quality academic, as well as Islamic, curriculum. One of the areas in which we excelled in our recent, successful re-accreditation process was in providing a loving, safe, and supportive educational atmosphere. It has been my experience here - and elsewhere - that most often the most disgruntled, virulent and critical voices are those of students who were not ready to put in the effort required to succeed, or parents with Utopian expectations. I did not see any teacher reviews here, so I'm putting in my 2 cents for what it's worth. In the end, if I have said anything wrong, it is my fault alone. And if I have said anything beneficial, then all praise belongs to Allah (swt).

Brighter Horizons Academy 2

Posted January 05, 2013
I like my friends in this school but the teachers are horrible! None of them can teach, it's not even funny. I'm so glad I went to public school for a while before i came here. the vice principal won't hear anything from any of the students who are complaining about his mom (which is one of the teachers..) and it's not fair. One of the teachers is so rude that she won't even listen to the kids that want to ask her a question about the assignment. she just keeps saying "go go go go go go go" until the student eventually walks away. Many of the teachers can't teach well. They just copy the examples the textbook gives us onto the board and says "It's so simple, there it is". Some teachers just give the students an assignment without explaining anything and then sit in front of their computers on facebook. Two stars = very generous..

Brighter Horizons Academy
3145 Medical Plaza Dr, Garland, TX  75044
(972) 675-2062
Last modified Brighter Horizons Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Brighter Horizons Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top