Posted May 15, 2014
This school is amazing!!! The staff is always welcoming and they love children. Can't say enough good things. The vision and the future of FCA is exciting. Glad to be a part!!!

Posted April 06, 2012
We did a lot of research to find a school for our son. We had tours of larger schools but coming from a small environment directly into the 5th grade we were hesitant to place him in a class of 30 children when he was used to a class of 10. We LOVE his teacher Mr. Broadwell, who also coaches several different sports (and has the patience of a saint). :-) I knew we found the right place when I dropped my son off the very first day and Ms. Chapman (the principal) was standing there holding the door open for the children and she gave him a big hug. He was at ease and the rest is history. The teachers at this school believe in loving discipline and have high standards for academics. I'm involved in the Parent Teacher Fellowship and I enjoy every meeting. The parents are caring and the students are respectful. I am so excited to see how wonderful 6th grade will be next year! I am so thankful for this school....a place where my son learns about God and while he's learning feels God's love from attentive adults.

Posted March 04, 2012
I love his school! I was scared of what I would "find" after reading one review. I know sometimes school staff puts on a good show for the parents and then you end up finding out it was just that, a show! :( I feel beyond blessed to have found such a great school! Academically it is great. My son is thriving. His teacher is amazing. Every kid is different and she helps each one thrive in their own way which I appreciate so much! The principal, Ms.Chapman is always so sweet and involved. Discipline is the way it should be. All children NEED discipline, but it is done with love. It has helped my son transition from being a home school kid to loving school! He is confident because he is respected as a child, but given direction at the same time. The tuition is reasonable and the grounds are way better than many others I visited. Blessing to our family! I have no idea what the other review is about?! I am a very involved parent, and i have never seen anything inappropriate. And trust me, I'm always asking and looking. My son is my angel and it is my duty to protect him. I plan to enroll my other two babies when the time comes. Definitely recommend!

Posted November 30, 2011
I can't say enough wonderfu things about FCA! The staff truly cares about your student, and they show it each and every day. Your child is in a safe and loving environment. Academically speaking, they are top notch! The classes are small and taught by excellent teachers. The seasonal programs are AWESOME and will build amazing memories for your child. Best of all, the families that attend FCA are the BEST. Your child is sure to make life-long friends! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND FCA (as does my student!)!

Posted November 09, 2011
This school is AMAZING!! Our oldest attended FCA for kinder for the 2010-2011 schoo year! She did amazing and when testing into a public school was at the end of first grade level in math!! Unfortunatley do to finanacial reasons we had to let our daughter attend public school for the 2011-2012 school year and FCA was not an option according to our pocket book. It was the worst 12 weeks of our lives! She was bulled, her academics decreased, she did not want to wake up and go to school. Essentially her smile was gone. I knew the day she came to me and said she missed not singing her hymns that it was time to regroup. We prayed and prayed. And God delivered in a big way. She is now thriving in her enviroment adn reading like she never lost interest. Drop off is my favorite time! She is greeted by either Mrs, Barnes or Mrs Spiask and that makes me feel wonderful knowing that she is leaving my protection and entering Gods. They all truly llove their job and the children.

Firewheel Christian Academy 4

Posted February 13, 2011
RESENDING THIS AS THE FIRST ONE DIDN'T HAVE THE CORREC RATING SORRY---AND I CAN'T DELETE IT.....good academics and electives, open and aiming to improve each day/year and reinforces christian foundation/principles. appreciate the before and after care. Need a place like this where my child feels supported as he is there more than with me.

Posted January 13, 2011
FCA has been a gift from God for our son and us. The day I came in for a tour 6 years ago, I knew it was the place for him: warm, low key, discipline is firm but full of grace. He has turned into a confident, happy young man in large part because of the loving, encouraging environment he's in every day. Academics will put him in good stead wherever he goes next. More importantly, his spiritual foundation has been strengthened here. Practically speaking, the tuition is very reasonable; aesthetically, the campus is beautifully set on a hill surrounded by trees and the facilities are nicely appointed.

Posted November 02, 2010
Great school. Both of my kids have been attending over 3 years. Tuition is very reasonable.

Firewheel Christian Academy 4

Posted August 24, 2010
FCA is GREAT! It's small enough that the kids get great individualized support yet big enough to have special classes such as art, music, PE and strings. There is no corporal punishment. Tuition is reasonable. They are pretty lenient with the rules and accommodating to parents wanting to be involved. My two kids have been there for 4 years and have flourished.

Firewheel Christian Academy 1

Posted August 23, 2010
AVOID THIS PRIVATE SCHOOL LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!!! The administration and faculty are a miserable failure at best. We fired this business (make no mistake this is a business) after it became painfully clear that our child was being verbally acosted in the classroom by both students and faculty and after witnessing our child being physically acosted on the playground with no reprocussions for the aggressor from administration. After being repeatedly ignored and lied to by the principle we had had enough. Thankfully we have wonderful public schools in our area and our child is now flourishing!! Top of his class, straight A's, many good friends, HAPPY, etc. etc. Do your child (& self) a favor and keep driving past this one. Morals, compassion, and integrity are not their strengths.

Firewheel Christian Academy
5500 Lavon Dr, Garland, TX  75040
Last modified Firewheel Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Firewheel Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top