Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

This school needs to incorporate vocabulary and handwriting into the school studies. 20 minutes of reading each evening will just not do! The teachers are more concerned about the children spelling words correctly versus teaching the children to discern the various definitions and apply it when speaking and/or writing. BTW, the Couch Elementary staff allow disrespectful high schoolers to loiter around 2:45-3:15pm. They lack couth and use harsh profanity. Sometimes you hear them scream, throw punches, or chase one another immaturely. They bring scooters, skateboards, bikes and pets making parents uncomfortable. Staff is completely oblivious to the nonsensical activity that occurs at the entrance of their school daily! Disturbing. This school needs security!!

My daughter has been going to this school since Kinder and so far she loves it there and her awesome teachers as do I.

I am very disappointed in the education my child received at Couch Elementary last year and hope this year will be better. We have had to re-teach him how to write his letters properly which I feel was his teachers responsibility in kindergarten. How to properly write a letter is a basic fundamental skill and it's not just a few letters that he was writing incorrectly- it was about half of the alphabet. Also, his teacher was outright rude and sarcastic to him on more than one occasion and I felt that was very unprofessional and hurtful (especially to a kindergartener). He did not understand her sarcasm, being so young, and when he told us what she had said to him, we were appalled. His new teacher seems to be better this year (time will tell!).

I'm sorry, I mean lunch ladies. And they are so kind when the students deserve it. If not, of course they are going to make comments about how RUDE they were or whatever the STUDENT did. But probably to themselves of course.

YES, the libraian Claver screams at students every day. I know it, because I visited that school every day, when my daughter was in K. And one teacher was parenting my daughter in front of me, and made her cry. I gave that teacher my peace of mind right there. She didn't know I happened to be the Mom at that moment, and she stopped immediately, and now she stays far away from my daughter. So, dear parents, I hope, we will have a good school year.

The principal of this school doesn't have respect for parents and visitors at all. They don't care about students, they care about themselves only.

My daughter attended this school when she was 3 for their special education program and I have never seen such an outstanding a patient teachers than at Couch. My daughter is now 5 and enrolled in Kindergarten there and the teachers all love what they do and my kid has nothing but the utmost respect for everyone around her. And as far as kids standing around the building they clearly let everyone know that their doors do not open until 7:30. Its listed on their site, in the handbook, etc. Hands down this is the best elementary school in Garland.

Lots of kids at this school are disrespectful and out of order. If you are a parent interested in a good school for your child this is not one of the best. Teacher spend lot of time trying to keep class in order.

My son attends this school and I have had no complaints. The teachers have all been wonderful! They challenged my son and motivated him. As far as the review about staff not supervising children, the school opens their doors at 7:30. This is actually going above and beyond. If they aren't being supervised you probably shouldn't drop them off that early. If we had more parents volunteer and be on PTA, I think this school would be TOP NOTCH!

Im taking my kids to another school next year! This school lacks the programs and creativity that are vital to the children's well-being that I've seen from other schools. No! No! No! to this school.

Last modified Glen Couch Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.