Garland, TX

Posted October 01, 2014
I am very disappointed in the education my child received at Couch Elementary last year and hope this year will be better. We have had to re-teach him how to write his letters properly which I feel was his teachers responsibility in kindergarten. How to properly write a letter is a basic fundamental skill and it's not just a few letters that he was writing incorrectly- it was about half of the alphabet. Also, his teacher was outright rude and sarcastic to him on more than one occasion and I felt that was very unprofessional and hurtful (especially to a kindergartener). He did not understand her sarcasm, being so young, and when he told us what she had said to him, we were appalled. His new teacher seems to be better this year (time will tell!).

Glen Couch Elementary School 5

Posted May 22, 2014
I'm sorry, I mean lunch ladies. And they are so kind when the students deserve it. If not, of course they are going to make comments about how RUDE they were or whatever the STUDENT did. But probably to themselves of course.

Posted August 24, 2013
YES, the libraian Claver screams at students every day. I know it, because I visited that school every day, when my daughter was in K. And one teacher was parenting my daughter in front of me, and made her cry. I gave that teacher my peace of mind right there. She didn't know I happened to be the Mom at that moment, and she stopped immediately, and now she stays far away from my daughter. So, dear parents, I hope, we will have a good school year.

Posted August 24, 2013
The principal of this school doesn't have respect for parents and visitors at all. They don't care about students, they care about themselves only.

Glen Couch Elementary School 4

Posted September 27, 2012
My daughter attended this school when she was 3 for their special education program and I have never seen such an outstanding a patient teachers than at Couch. My daughter is now 5 and enrolled in Kindergarten there and the teachers all love what they do and my kid has nothing but the utmost respect for everyone around her. And as far as kids standing around the building they clearly let everyone know that their doors do not open until 7:30. Its listed on their site, in the handbook, etc. Hands down this is the best elementary school in Garland.

Posted March 20, 2012
Lots of kids at this school are disrespectful and out of order. If you are a parent interested in a good school for your child this is not one of the best. Teacher spend lot of time trying to keep class in order.

Glen Couch Elementary School 4

Posted November 06, 2011
My son attends this school and I have had no complaints. The teachers have all been wonderful! They challenged my son and motivated him. As far as the review about staff not supervising children, the school opens their doors at 7:30. This is actually going above and beyond. If they aren't being supervised you probably shouldn't drop them off that early. If we had more parents volunteer and be on PTA, I think this school would be TOP NOTCH!

Posted November 04, 2011
Im taking my kids to another school next year! This school lacks the programs and creativity that are vital to the children's well-being that I've seen from other schools. No! No! No! to this school.

Glen Couch Elementary School 5

Posted September 16, 2011
This school cares about kids. The teachers are hardworking. As for the comment about the kids out front in the morning without an adult...well, the school DOES open its doors half an hour before school starts. I have driven by an hour before school and have seen kids out there waiting. I think parents should be responsible for dropping kids off when the doors open. The school can't be the before-school daycare. I've also seen lots of kids whose parents didn't come on time to pick up at the end of the day. At least a dozen kids are there each day at 3:30, which is 30 minutes after school ends. This staff is caring and going above and beyond to serve their students with love and care.

Posted July 26, 2011
My son has been at this school since Kindergarten. Various teachers claim that kids are ADD and ADHD, just so they don't have to deal with them. If the kids grades aren't suffering, there is no reason for that kid to be medicated. There is alot of disorganization at this school. Mrs Hill makes alot of excuses for her teachers, counselors, and librarian. Librarian got in my 9 year olds face and screamed at him so that his daycare bus driver heard her all the way out on the bus. I complained, and Mrs Claver was given teacher of the month the following month. Its things like this that are ridiculous. If it wasn't for my son wanting to be at this school with his friends, we would have already moved him to a private school.

Glen Couch Elementary School
4349 Waterhouse Boulevard, Garland, TX  75043
Last modified Glen Couch Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Glen Couch Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top