Posted June 08, 2014
This school is great! The teachers work with the kids and help them find ways to learn the material. Vista's method of delivering the material is better than I have seen of the 3 other schools my children have been in.

Posted June 04, 2014
I love my children s school I have a kinder student, a second grader and a fourth grader. As any good parent knows, I know my three children do not learn in the same way. It is common for a class of students to be at a variety of levels in any particular subject. Teachers need to use different teaching methods in order to reach all students effectively. I love that my children are being taught to their needs. I am very friendly, supportive, and eager to work with my children s teachers to make sure they get the best possible education. But some parents seem to have a problem with teachers. Parents nowadays don t display respect for teachers, and the reasons often have nothing to do with the teacher. Parents and their attitudes have changed towards teachers. If you got into trouble in class when I went to school, not only were you disciplined by the teacher or the principal, then at home by my parents. I know my children are not always right and I do not tell my children their teacher must be wrong. Parents seem to think that teachers attack their children and discipline them when not needed, or even give a poor grade to their child just to pick on them.

Posted April 22, 2014
The teachers are more into trying new methods of teaching instead of the actual way that has worked for many many years. My daughter has had a substitute teacher a lot for this part of the year and not sure how she is learning anything when she has a substitute all the time. I end up having to pick up the slack of the school and teach my daughter things that the teachers are not taking the time to teach her. Thankfully I got her in a new school for next year. My daughter is smart and is very interested in learning but she cringes any time anything with math comes up. She knew math going into the school last year but somehow she doesn't know math this year. Very very sad if you are looking at this school please take your kids elsewhere.

Posted January 08, 2014
My child is in 8th grade at Vista Academy of Garland. She's been at the school since 5th grade. I like the small classrooms and the safety of the school. They have a strict no bullying code and as my kid is a bit different this means a lot. Her social/emotional development is nurtured in this environment. The communication with the teachers is more difficult in middle school and she seems to be slipping through the cracks somewhat academically. There is an attempt to make up for her poor academic performance with after school tutoring, but it's hard to know if this is helping. The curriculum includes some Biblical history which I think is inappropriate in a public school, but it's been the best environment we've been able to find for our daughter after trying several different schools including our local ISD and a private school.

Posted December 10, 2013
There has been poor communication between the teachers and myself. They tell my 2nd grader and tell me nothing until after I see there is an issue and ask about it. I am moving my child for the next school year so I can find a school that's better. Not sure if the teachers are just inexperienced, the principal is young but appears he commands the attention of the kids. I'm just frustrated that the teachers are not helping my daughter along like she should be. She is very smart but I feel like she is being lost in the cracks while they bring the other children up to her level.

Posted September 19, 2013
Vista has been a wonderful school and the teachers are amazing. My son moved over to Vista from an ISD. He learns different than most children and they have learned how to engage him and help him grow. Thank you Vista and Responsive Ed.

Posted June 27, 2013
We have also made the decistion to send our child elsewhere for the following school year. The resources in the school aren't very good. There is a school library but unfortunately students are not allowed to check out the books to take them home. I agree that school management is a problem. There are also some dedicated teachers but their are a few bad apples as well. This past school year seemed to be unorganized in the way notices were sent home to the parents that was done in an untimely manner. I also believe that compared to other schools in the area, my child's class seemed to be learning material at a slower pace compared to that of the other schools. I believe Vista has some good campuses, but the South Garland campus is not one of them. If you are interested in a Garland Vista campus, perhaps the Firewheel location in Garland will be a much better fit, and happier learning experience for your child.

Posted May 07, 2012
My children moved to Vista from a private school and have done amazing. The class sizes are great and the teachers work really hard to support the students. It has been a pleasure to be a part of the Vista of Garland family. Definitely happy and satisfied with the change.

Posted March 21, 2011
We love this school! The small class sizes are so great and I think it provides a better learning environment for the kids!!

Vista Academy Of Garland 0

Posted April 15, 2010
This school is great! small number of students k-8th, students learn according to their level and curriculum adjusted to each student and the children excel beyond expectation a family environment that involves parents with their learning.

Vista Academy Of Garland
3024 Anita Drive, Garland, TX  75041
Last modified Vista Academy Of Garland is a Charter school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vista Academy Of Garland Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top