Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Mrs. Trull 2nd grade teacher is awesome and great with the kids. My daughter loves this school and her teacher.

This school has helped my daughter with her education for 2 years now. She improved a lot over the years and I like the communication with the teachers.

Develops character: Agree

Vista Academy in Garland is a school that develops honesty, integrity and fairness in its students. I've seen parents that go up to the school screaming and with such a negative attitude complaining because their student got detention, I am sorry if I sound rude but the reason I like this school is because they are strict! Bullying is not acceptable in this school and if my daughter did something wrong I want her to face the consequences. Many kids in public schools go through drama that is not necessary at their age and I love that in this school, teachers will take the time to advice them! even though their job is to educate these kids, they also learn to love them and I've seen it myself! Students sometimes spend more time at school with their teachers than at home with mom and dad, I sure want my daughter to be in a school that she feels loved, secure, with discipline and more importantly excited of learning, that school for me is Vista Academy in Garland.

I love the school! We have had no issues at all and my daughter loves all her teachers and the staff there is very professional and nice. Vista has helped her pick up her grades from B and C to a A honor roll student and in the NJHS. Vista ROCKS!

Develops character: Strongly agree

Excellent leadership, teachers, and staff are the driving force that have helped Vista to improve the overall average. It starts with the person at the top to lead by example thanks to the Principal for making this possible.

Run away as fast as you can! There are a group of teachers that are malicious bullies not only to the students but to other teachers and staff. Heart breaking to witness!

There are some great teachers here, but if your kid is average, they will fall through the cracks. The school is very clique-ish, as well, between teachers and parents. There's a severe lack of communication, some poor teachers who yell at and speak sarcastically to students (not anecdotal from a student; I've heard it happen),a higher than usual turnover rate for teachers, and poor resources. If you want to send your kids here to avoid your ISD, I wouldn't recommend it. It's on par with our local ISD, if not worse. My children will not be returning to VIsta.

Vista has some great teachers. The school continues to have poor to no communication with parents, this is not good!

Bullying issues and lack of management. Bad state math scores. Recently a new student transferred from Vista because if bullying. It was the same two bullying girls..after a year and a half! Glad to be gone!

This school is great! The teachers work with the kids and help them find ways to learn the material. Vista's method of delivering the material is better than I have seen of the 3 other schools my children have been in.

Last modified Vista Academy Of Garland is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.