Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

My children have been attending this school for 2 years. The only issue I have is that there seem to be slim to none African-American teachers being hired. There should be at least ONE African-American teacher in each grade level. Every nationality is represented except African-Americans. Having 1 - 3 African American teachers do not count when a large number of your students are African-American. Please don't use the tired excuse of "they don't apply". I know of several qualified and experienced African American teachers who apply and are overlooked. Educational institutions should have teachers who reflect the image of the students...well, this include African-American's too. When I meet my children teachers they are always "new" with no educational experience. So, the hiring process for the staff is questionable.

The best Middle and high-school you can attend in the Garland area. They deserve an award. They are so involved in the community of kids that the teachers are always aware of the kid's problems . They are always there to support the kid and help them in their hard times. whether they are having family problems or feeling peer pressure. I noticed the No-bullying policy had strong effect here because I had not noticed insult from the students. My son is actually a devoted star wars nerd but has friends from all back rounds (even with the cool students). this community is really a relaxing community, I thank all the staff for their care for each and every single student. :D

One of the best schools in the Dallas-Forthworth area. It has great academic success and holds great morale with the kids. Its interesting how there is such a big interest by the community because the Parent teacher Organization (PTO) is always active and working on something. I would say it is like the "Harvard" of Garland because it is definitely not easy to get admitted when there is a huge line wanting to get in once another student leaves the school

Why is this school underrated? This school is better than all the schools I went before, the staff are very friendly and they actually care about you and what you can accomplish. They are up to date on technology, with their Chromebooks for every student, and have programs for the gifted. Students in my school are always competitive and the smartest kids are usually regarded as "the cool kids" . I think its a great school and I strongly disagree on the negative comments given.

Cool School. It is a a good school to go to if you are looking for a bright future. Teachers here tell you to invest into your future. We do but it is not as motivating as the competition we have in class against our own friends. Its fun...

Love it! Its a totally different environment than traditional high schools because it has passion from the staff and the students. I have seen a lot of bad kids become adapted into the discipline. They just became influenced by the school environment. Academic achievement is high in this school, as well as the expectations...

Great school really. I noticed change in people who come to this school. When some of my class mates first came they acted like zoo animals. In 2 years they have become very different. they act so mature now. They stopped getting in trouble with the Discipline and now are challenging their selves on competitions like who could get the highest score on an assignment. weird? yeah very weird...

Great school. The school is a great way for a smart student to really excel with accomplishments. He or she just has to show potential or willingness to achieve higher. My experience the teachers helped a lot and I am definitely not the same person I was three years ago.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I cannot express how caring the teachers are. Many of them invest very much on their students. I am definitely sure I will pay a visit to them When they get old :)

Amount of homework: Agree

whenever you mention to your teachers that you are having a hard time following the homework. the teacher accept to take some workload off of your back.

Last modified Harmony Science Academy - Garland is a Charter school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.