Public charter
Garland, TX

Posted July 10, 2015
The best Middle and high-school you can attend in the Garland area. They deserve an award. They are so involved in the community of kids that the teachers are always aware of the kid's problems . They are always there to support the kid and help them in their hard times. whether they are having family problems or feeling peer pressure. I noticed the No-bullying policy had strong effect here because I had not noticed insult from the students. My son is actually a devoted star wars nerd but has friends from all back rounds (even with the cool students). this community is really a relaxing community, I thank all the staff for their care for each and every single student. :D

Posted July 05, 2015
One of the best schools in the Dallas-Forthworth area. It has great academic success and holds great morale with the kids. Its interesting how there is such a big interest by the community because the Parent teacher Organization (PTO) is always active and working on something. I would say it is like the "Harvard" of Garland because it is definitely not easy to get admitted when there is a huge line wanting to get in once another student leaves the school

Posted June 27, 2015
Why is this school underrated? This school is better than all the schools I went before, the staff are very friendly and they actually care about you and what you can accomplish. They are up to date on technology, with their Chromebooks for every student, and have programs for the gifted. Students in my school are always competitive and the smartest kids are usually regarded as "the cool kids" . I think its a great school and I strongly disagree on the negative comments given.

Posted June 24, 2015
Cool School. It is a a good school to go to if you are looking for a bright future. Teachers here tell you to invest into your future. We do but it is not as motivating as the competition we have in class against our own friends. Its fun...

Posted June 24, 2015
Love it! Its a totally different environment than traditional high schools because it has passion from the staff and the students. I have seen a lot of bad kids become adapted into the discipline. They just became influenced by the school environment. Academic achievement is high in this school, as well as the expectations...

Posted June 18, 2015
Great school really. I noticed change in people who come to this school. When some of my class mates first came they acted like zoo animals. In 2 years they have become very different. they act so mature now. They stopped getting in trouble with the Discipline and now are challenging their selves on competitions like who could get the highest score on an assignment. weird? yeah very weird...

Posted June 18, 2015
Great school. The school is a great way for a smart student to really excel with accomplishments. He or she just has to show potential or willingness to achieve higher. My experience the teachers helped a lot and I am definitely not the same person I was three years ago.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 18, 2015
I cannot express how caring the teachers are. Many of them invest very much on their students. I am definitely sure I will pay a visit to them When they get old :)

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted June 18, 2015
whenever you mention to your teachers that you are having a hard time following the homework. the teacher accept to take some workload off of your back.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted June 18, 2015
Every teacher is against for you quitting and this comes from determination. I remember some of my teachers calling me after school for a "surprise" and handing me the paper I owed them. They have a "Zap"(Zeroes Are not Permitted) program that requires every student to turn in every late assignment in an after school session in which students are required to come to.

2302 Firewheel Parkway, Garland, TX  75040
Last modified Harmony Science Academy - Garland is a Charter school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harmony Science Academy - Garland Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top