Austin Academy For Excell 4

Posted December 06, 2013
Austin academy is an AMAZING school this year I am a 6th grader at Austin. the good things the teachers they are loving ya they can be strict or mad and stuff but if you get to know them it's only cause of us. Second the people in the school everyone in the school is great they are well behaved and nice people this school is giving me the chance to really Learn because I was in ALL regulars classes and look now I'm in ALL enriched classes in only a couple months! I Love AUSTIN so you should to! ;)

Posted March 19, 2012
This school is amazing! All of the teachers are extremelly nice and helpful. They know exactly how to teach students. This is my 3rd year here and I absolutely love it. We have the top test scores and we have a variety of high school credit classes to choose from. I am in all enriched honors classes and a straight A student. It is kind of hard to keep your grades up as As but it can be done. They also give a lot of homework somedays but its not that hard to keep up if you do what they give you everyday. Do NOT not do your homework because you will fail and it if youre the type of person that turns our work in late I suggest you not do that because it will just pile up and will be extremely hard to catch up again. They also have french and piano and geometry which is good. The administrators are exetremely nice. even though the principal talks a lot shes a sweetheart. She knows everybodies name! The only draw back I have is about the cafeteria and the lockers. The cafeteria is really small and the lockers mostly in 8th grade are messed up and hard to open.Ofher than that, this school prepares you very well if you want to take the IB program!

Posted July 11, 2011
My sister and I both attended Austin Academy during our middle school years. Both of us were afforded a great number of extra curricular opportunites while also being challenged to maintain strong academic performance. There is a very diverse mix of students at this school which will encourage students to learn about other cultures. The teachers are very dedicated and the facilities are nice.

Austin Academy For Excell 0

Posted April 24, 2010
My daughter got a great education throughout the Garland school district this is a Gifted and Talented school and she is now a teacher!

Austin Academy For Excell 3

Posted November 16, 2009
Good School,and very nice teachers. We are the best school in the district, and if you want to achieve, come to AUSTIN!!!

Austin Academy For Excell 2

Posted November 08, 2009
I think Austin Academy is a great school especially if your child is really smart. I'm Currently in 8th Grade and the only problems i think we have are: 1. Teachers give to much homework- esp in honors 2. Principle leadership is not as good as most other schools, but is still not that bad 3. We are supposed to be the Best in the District but apparently 'Brandenburg' has better Test Scores 4. Bad neighborhood 5. Small Lockers Some good things are: 1. We have one of the best choirs 2. Great Students and nice and slightly strict teachers 3. Great Honors Program

Posted September 25, 2009

Austin Academy For Excell 0

Posted September 17, 2009
The teachers at Austin really work at educating the whole student. They teach more than just reading and writing. They teach real world applications for the knowledge they impart to the students. The educators want each child to leave with a good education and be ready for high school and life. I am proud of Austin Academy for Excellence. This school has won many education awards.

Posted August 09, 2009
I went to Austin Academy for 3 years. I'll be going into Garland High School this year. Their Academics are amazing, especially their EH (enriched honors) classes. The teachers have advanced and unique curriculum's. The learning environment is positive and helpful. The choir wins Best in Class, and all Superior ratings at U.I.L. and other competitions. Their Band, Orchestra, Theater, and Art excel as well. And although Dr. Poore does talk a lot, she is a great principal. If you choose Austin Academy, it's impossible to be disappointed.

Posted July 22, 2009
I love this school. Not only because of the challanges that they offer but because these are some of the most caring people you could meet.

Austin Academy For Excell
1125 Beverly Drive, Garland, TX  75040
Last modified Austin Academy For Excell is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Austin Academy For Excell Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top