Classical Center At Brandenburg Mi

Public | 6-8 | 1154 students

Living in Garland

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $104,800. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $890.

Posted April 10, 2009

Brandenburg is THE BEST. I'm in the Honors Band,and we've been to Seattle,Austin,and this year both Honors and Symphonic got a Sweepstakes(!st division,All 1's.) Most of the teachers are great. We have Gymnastics,Dance,Latin,Spanish,and Piano as electives, so that gives us alot of choices. If I never ended up going to Brandenburg, I don't know what my life would have been like :) GO BRAVES!

Posted February 2, 2009

Brandenburg is a wonderful school! I am on the gymnastics team there and I also do dance! The teachers are phenomenal! They have high expectations of the students, which is why I am A honor roll!

Posted January 11, 2009

Wonderful school! My son is in Honors Band and has been to Seattle and will be going to Austin in the Spring - the BMS Band is one of the best in the country and should be considered by students and parents interested in music!

Posted October 14, 2008

This school is really great. The teachers are really nice but I think they need to make the hallwasys alot bigger

Posted August 28, 2008

I love Brandenberg, however, they need way more communication with parents!! especially new parents to the school!! They need a newletter to let us all know what is going on. Upcoming dates, clubs, try-outs, etc. my son is now in the 7th grade this year and I still dont know anything!!!!! I knew everything in grammer school the entire office staff knows my family I have a great relation ship with the staff and communication is great(Toler Elementary) I'm still trying to figure out how things work at Brandenberg?? The teachers are geat at Brandenberg and I truly think they have a great principal. I have had great communication with the teachers via email and telephone and gradebook is great!!!! but i would love a weekly or even monthly news letter with information on what is going on.

Posted August 25, 2008

i love brandenburg it's the best school ever and the teachers are sooo awesome

Posted July 8, 2008

The teachers and administrators at Brandenburg Middle School have provided my son an enriched and rewarding experience over the past two years. The administrative team is helpful and responsive. The teachers are extremely competent and thorough in their instruction. As a parent who works in this school district, I would recommend this school to other parents without any reservations. Excellence is the standard at the Classical center at Brandenburg Middle School. It is exhibitted in their practices and expected of all students whether they are in the 'magnet' program or not. The experiences my child was given at the Classical Center have prepared him welll for his high school career and helped him to enter the school of his choice. The arts program is tremendous!

Posted January 29, 2008

This year is our first year in Brandenburg Middle School. We are very proud to send our smart kid to this excellent sccool.

Posted January 17, 2008

I attended Brandenburg Middle School from 6th to 8th grade. I 'graduated' from there almost three years ago and I can honestly say that my time there was the most fun I have ever had in school. I always liked my teachers and they liked me too. I always tried to reach out and make the unaccepted kids feel accepted in some way even though I myself, was not one of the 'popular' kids while I attended there. I thought the curriculum was amazing and the teachers who taught it were extremely talented as well. I remember the best part was in 8th grade I signed up to be a library aide and ahd so much fun doing that. I would encourage all students to at least try it once.

Posted January 7, 2008

Its okay. But the curriculam is not very fun. I'd like to see us go on more fild trips. And do more activeites. I love my teacher's their great i the the most infulinchil people would be Blain Johnson he is the really wonderful person who will help you and make you laugh, Trent Berkey i have turmendus respect for this man he is very smart, Amber Logan she is so sweet and funny she helps you out when you need it. I'm am takeing latin and i find it extremaly challanging and love my teacher lisa druebert. I also think that we should expand the gmynasitcs gym it is a little cramped.

Posted September 15, 2007

thats school is the best

Posted August 19, 2007

i am an 8th grader at brandenburg middle school and i really like this school because of all the subject choices they have!some of the teachers are nice but not all the time!i think our school can use some updates with alot of things because all the money that we give there should be more done!

Posted May 23, 2007

My son is a special needs child who has been attending Brandenburg since 7th grade. This year, as an 8th grader, he has gone from requiring Special Ed classes for Reading, English, and Math, to now having all regular classes. He does go down to their Learning Lab for assistance, as do many of his peers, but they felt he would do better socially and academically in those regular classes. I wasn't sure at first, but I can now see that they truly know what they are doing. Great job, Brandenburg. Thank you, Mrs. King.

Posted May 1, 2007

Sent my son to this school as I felt he needed the additional challenge that their honors program offered. I have been somewhat disappointed in the efforts of some teachers to assist him. He has a diagnosis of ADHD and it appears that some of his teachers are unwilling to provide simple reminders to help him to achieve his greatest potential. Out of concern, I requested a meeting where all 7 of his teachers were invited. Three showed up and the counselor left the meeting early. If this is the type of support I received, I assume he receives little, if nothing. He is struggling despite our best efforts. By no means is all blame placed on the teachers, but oddly enough, the teachers that are helping him, he is making fantastic grades, the ones that are not, he is doing poorly. Interesting scenario it would seem.

Posted February 21, 2007

I am familiar with a variety of Middle Schools in the district. I consider Brandenburg to be one of the best. I am so happy that my daughter, who was apprehensive at the beginning of her 6th grade year, decided to stay at Brandenburg. She is in the 8th, in several honors classes, and involved in many extracurricular activities. As a caring parent, take it from me, you will NOT be disappointed.

Posted December 25, 2006

Great Teachers and administration.

Posted January 10, 2006

My daughter is in 8th grade and transferred here from Frankford Middle School in Plano this school year. She had been getting A's, B's and C's at Frankford and I was worried about her grades falling with the transition. I couldn't have been more wrong. She got straight A's the first 2 six week periods and got all A's and 1 B this last six week period. She enjoys the curriculum and the teachers and staff, as do I. The dance and choir programs are awesome and she whizzes through homework in her other classes. Thanks to her good standing at Bradenburg she has been accepted into the College and Career Magnet program at Lakeview. We are so proud and excited! Brandenburg is a wonderful school with great opportunities.

Posted October 31, 2005

My daughter really enjoys going to this school. It has a lot of great classes. This year she joined student council. Everything seems to be well organized. I'm always encouraged to go to the school.

Posted October 26, 2005

At first I had reservations about my daughter attending this school but she has been attending this school for three years now and is about to enter high school. I have been extremely pleased with the quality of the teachers and the coaches at Brandenburg Middle School. They have always made me aware of any and all concerns that have had for my daughter academically and have provided guidance to me on the best choices for my daughter. The cheerleading program is wonderful with Tonya Haddox being the director and I am proud as a parent to watch my child perform at the games under Mrs. Haddox direction. She has been always fair and strictly by the book but teaching compassion for others along the way. My daughters cheerleading skills have improved under her direction. Coach Banks and Sears are also equally wonderful. The sports programs are awesome.

Posted October 24, 2005

I work at this school and it is great. The school is involved and supportive of the whole child. There are so many 'safety nets' in place that it is hard for a child to fail here. The teachers are great and the principals provide great leadership. Even if I did not work here, I would send my children to Brandenburg.
—Submitted by a teacher

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 84% in 2011.

374 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 83% in 2011.

375 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 86% in 2011.

376 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2011.

375 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 94% in 2011.

372 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2011.

325 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 73% in 2011.

325 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 79% in 2011.

321 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 95% in 2011.

319 students were tested at this school in 2011.

All Students94%

Not special education99%
Proficient in English99%
Non-migrant99%

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 71% in 2013.

365 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2013.

363 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 77% in 2013.

382 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 71% in 2013.

375 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 70% in 2013.

382 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 84% in 2013.

362 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 77% in 2013.

219 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 75% in 2013.

362 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 63% in 2013.

361 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 78% in 2013.

139 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 97% in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 85% in 2013.

Chemistry

The state average for Chemistry was 84% in 2013.

English I Reading

The state average for English I Reading was 65% in 2013.

English I Writing

The state average for English I Writing was 48% in 2013.

English II Reading

The state average for English II Reading was 78% in 2013.

English II Writing

The state average for English II Writing was 52% in 2013.

English III Reading

The state average for English III Reading was 63% in 2013.

English III Writing

The state average for English III Writing was 42% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 86% in 2013.

Physics

The state average for Physics was 81% in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 73% in 2013.

World Geography

The state average for World Geography was 75% in 2013.

World History

The state average for World History was 70% in 2013.

All Students92%

U.S. History

World Geography

World History

Source: Texas Education Agency

• In 2010-2011, this school was rated "Recognized".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was rated "Exemplary".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was rated "Exemplary".

Asian or Pacific Islander 6% 4%

This school District averageState average
Beginning teachers 2%N/AN/A
Source: Civil Rights Data Collection, 2011-2012

Teacher resources

Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Arts & music

• Gym

• ELISE MOSTY
Fax number
  • (972) 926-2633

Staff resources available to students
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)
Transportation options

Performing arts
  • Dance
  • Drama
School leaders, update and verify information here.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

626 Nickens Road