Garland, TX

Bussey Middle School 4

Posted October 12, 2011
I like the School as 4 stars and also like it because the strategies of the school and the school overview

Posted August 23, 2011
I am a former student.i went to bussey it used to be a great school.with the new princables and everything its HORRIABLE!.the fact that the students there feel like DOGGS.if horriable.who would make their students that they appartently love and care about feel like that.its not a impressing school anymore like it used to.they DONT have dances anymore.they WONT have 8th grade formal.which EVERY year we couldnt wait for when we were in 6 & 7 grade.if you want a place for your daughter/son to no enjoy and feel like there at JAIL.then go ahead and let them atend.all i have to say is BUSSEY HAS CHANGED.AND NOTT IN A GOOD WAY!. -Kylie. (former school that attended.before all the changing happened) p.s for the people that didnt like mr.farley.you wouldnt.like the new princable.way worst.

Bussey Middle School 2

Posted June 03, 2011
This was my daughters first year at Bussey, I'm not impressed with the school at all. They consider themselves to be a bully free school. I disagree. My child was bullied several times and I pressed charges, 3 months later and two meetings still have heard nothing back from them. I wanted to switch my daughters school but she really wants to stay. I will be on top of the teachers next year for sure. A few of the teachers cannot control their classrooms, so when you have a well behaved child who can't focus on their lesson, I say send those misbehaved children to an alternative school if they can't sit there and keep their mouths shut. I think we need more parental involvement these days. It's getting a little out of hand...

Posted June 02, 2011
I Agree with the comment below...Here is my ISSUE.. tell me why is it when your child dresses for free day because he earned it and he looses his free clothes bracelet he is to wear they have no problem calling the parent and telling them your child will be in IBS until I bring his uniform to school for him to change into which that I understand no argument there BUT where my major yet disturbing issue is my older son gave him a haircut which was not dress code (he had lines and circles design). So tell me WHY an office personnel took a SHARPIE yes black permanent marker and colored in the spaces and sent him back to class????? Why not call the parent put the child in IBS? what if my son was allergic to the marker ? So when my boyfriend went to the school to talk to them about it not sure if it were the principal or the asst. principal his response was " what do you want me to do" eels he has to ask, wow really you mean he is suppose to help run the school yet he can not figure out what he needs to do with that office personnel. Someone please tell me where in the student handbook does it state it is ok use a sharpie on a childs head.

Posted September 24, 2010
THE TEACHERS AND ARE GREAT...BUT THE POLICE AND PRINCIPAL DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DEAL WITH PROBLEMS WITH THE KIDS..MY CHILD WILL NOT GO THERE ANYMORE...I THINK THEY DONT WANT CHILDREN TO GET ALONG.YOUR CHILD WILL GET BULLYED AND THEY DO NOYHING ABOUT IT.

Posted April 30, 2010
this is one of the best school i have went to

Posted March 12, 2010
All 5 of my children have gone to Bussey and I have been very pleased with all the faculty. It's a great school.

Bussey Middle School 0

Posted February 17, 2010
Students are out of control here. Have to force students to do work. School needs lot of improvement with students behavior and discipline. Grades are low.

Bussey Middle School 2

Posted October 20, 2009
Its not all that...Busseys grades are low..And lack of self discipline...Its horrible

Posted October 07, 2008

Bussey Middle School
1204 Travis Street, Garland, TX  75040
Last modified Bussey Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bussey Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top