Bad
Good

Davis Elementary School 1

Posted March 27, 2014
this school LACKS proper leadership. LACKS teachers who are there to truly see children succeed. LACKS knowledgeable office support staff. this school needs to be shut down, it truly serves no other pupose than a free babysitting service. i am so glad that i have transferred my child . Now i have to make up for the brain cells he lost while attending this school.

Davis Elementary School 5

Posted June 08, 2013
After moving from another state, I was worried about my daughter being able to handle the curriculum. Although she was a little behind at first, her teachers helped her catch up and start exceeding in her work. The principal was super nice and very hands on. I loved this school so much! I will miss it.

Davis Elementary School 3

Posted February 17, 2013
I have things to brag about with some staff members and there are some I can't. Mentally disabled children do not get the care and attention they deserve as quickly as needed. Some teachers do not wish to contact parents when there is a small prob, others are proud to ask the parent to help. The higher up staff is amazing! Everyone in the office is very polite, friendly, caring and helpful!

Davis Elementary School 4

Posted January 23, 2011
My son was a student here from 2005-2007. He loved the school and we did as parents. He moved because he was invited to a magnet school otherwise we wouldve stayed at Davis. One thing i really liked at this school is the discipline it taught the children. You never saw kids out of control in the hallways. Something i did see that could be troubling for a child that is struggling is how fast they move from one subject to another. Several times i went to the classroom to visit and saw how very easily kids could get behind. if you werent done, you werent done and the teacher moved on. this was in the first grade classroom!

Davis Elementary School 5

Posted May 28, 2009
This school really rocks. Teachers are creative and have very good methods of teaching. They involve students with a lot great exposure activities, field trips and projects. I didn't have any problem motivating my kids everyday. I feel secure when my kids go to school too. This is a great school

Davis Elementary School 2

Posted August 18, 2008
I thought there were too many rules. My child does not go to Davis anymore.

Davis Elementary School 4

Posted August 01, 2007
I thought my daughter's first year at Davis was wonderful. Lots of activities to keep parents involved, lots of challenges for the kids! Wonderful school and staff! Look forward to next year, even if my kiddo doesn't!

Davis Elementary School 3

Posted May 15, 2007
The teachers are very responsive to the children. I feel there are not enough extracurricular activities at this school and the parental involvement could be improved drastically. All parents need to participate in their child's education by being active within their school. The principal needs to open up the school for other activities to each and every child, including after school care and other types of clubs. My child has learned a lot from his teacher this year, but I am somewhat disappointed in the activities for the children and parents.

Davis Elementary School
1621 McCallum Drive, Garland, TX  75042
Last modified Davis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.