Ethridge Elementary School 1

Posted December 01, 2013
my son is in kindergardent at this school and i cant wait for him to get out of this school. The worst school. Bad teacher! teacher dosent care her students. Play time there are no teachers watch the students. Teacher and parent is low on communicate. no activity. not safe. not watch closely who is picking up the students! NOT RECOMMEND PARENTS LET THEIR CHILDREN GO THIS SCHOOL AT ALL!!

Ethridge Elementary School 5

Posted March 30, 2012
My son has attended this school for 2 years. At first, I was a little hesitant about public schools but went ahead and gave our neighborhood school a try and it was the best thing that I did for my son's education. Because of his Kindergarten and First Grade teachers, he enjoys learning. He is interested in so many subjects and really enjoys learning. I know there are a lot of great teachers out there but his teachers are excellent! They both are really involved in each student's education. GISD and Ethridge are priviledged to have 2 amazing and superb teachers at the same school. They are the exact type of teacher that every parent hopes their child gets assigned to in their early years of education.

Ethridge Elementary School 2

Posted March 02, 2010
3 of my children went there for over 9 years. We had some great teachers, but we had a few bad ones. When my last one was in 3rd grade I joined the PTA board. Once I was a parent on the 'inside' I started to see what the school was really like. I have too many instances to put into the 150 words I am allowed here. When the principal was told about the issues I saw, nothing was done. The next year, I put my child in Beaver (GREAT SCHOOL!!!). The office staff talks behind people's backs. Not all was bad Most of the teachers are great and love the kids. Remove those few bad eggs and wake the principal up and it will be a great school again.

Ethridge Elementary School 0

Posted November 06, 2009
I love this school and it's staff. Very helpful and compassionate towards my children. My daughter has had Ms. Rottman and Mrs. Washington they are the best! I appreciate everything this campus has done for our family!

Ethridge Elementary School 4

Posted September 12, 2009
We moved from California and we are very happy with the school. This is a place were kids work daily to achieve big goals. My daugter has had two teachers who have inspired her and I am very thankful to see her happy and excited to go to school.

Ethridge Elementary School 1

Posted September 30, 2008

Ethridge Elementary School 2

Posted September 02, 2008

Ethridge Elementary School 3

Posted August 26, 2008

Ethridge Elementary School 5

Posted August 01, 2008
I don't think it's fair that Ethridge has such a low rating on here because no one has reviewed it in a long time. The school had some problems in the past due to a not so great principal, but that principal has now been replaced, as have a good portion of the staff. Mrs. Opon, the new principal, has worked hard to get a good teaching staff in there and things are really starting to turn around in her building. Regarding a student being identified as gifted/talented or qualifying for transportation, that is not something decided on by the individual school, but by the district. The schools just follow the directions the district gives them.

Ethridge Elementary School 3

Posted December 22, 2006
My children go there and I can say that Patty Opon is a great principal for the school along with some of the teachers. To me esp the kindergarten ones, they have such a impact on my kids that they enjoy school. As far as the PTA it needs a complete overhaul.

Ethridge Elementary School
2301 Sam Houston Drive, Garland, TX  75044
Last modified Ethridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ethridge Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top