Garland, TX

Golden Meadows Elementary School 2

Posted August 04, 2011
I wasn't pleased with this school I went for 2 years. My children are very bright, they were invited to academies. The principal and some of the office staff I overheard while sitting in the hallway on a way to a field trip; they were berating a 5th grade female student for not wearing standardized dress. As if it was a students fault for not buying the right clothes. She was close to tears and they kept on going. She was wearing the wrong pants and no belt. By looking at her you could tell her family didn't have much money. It was very unfair treatment of a child. Some of the teachers are really good. Many of the programs the district has to offer the school doesn't take advantage of. The PTA tries hard, but doesn't get a lot of help from the parents.

Golden Meadows Elementary School 1

Posted April 14, 2011
TThe staff there always tell my little brother to get his S*** togher I think that this is not a good school I would never put a kid there the way they treat a kid is disrespectfull.

Golden Meadows Elementary School 1

Posted August 20, 2010
It was such a change when the new principal arrived. Parents were locked out of the building opening day which was highly traumatic to young kids first day of school; During school parents were only allowed to visit on a certain day each week. It was like we were in a dentention center with convicts. All the kids were suspects waiting to be ticketed for talking or moving or not standing in line properly. I moved my pupil out and home schooled him this past year and it was like day and night. This year he is attending a charter school where the teachers really care, where everyone is so warm and involved. The teachers were great but their leadership was straight out of Obama's NEA The kids are merely a ticket to the funding the school receives. It is sad. I would not put my pupil there again.

Golden Meadows Elementary School 4

Posted April 25, 2010
My child been going to golden meadows since there was per-k and now !! wow i love this school my youngest one goes there....And she learned alot!!!! thankyou staff!!!!!

Golden Meadows Elementary School 4

Posted March 25, 2010
The teachers care and try really hard but not sure how much support they get from administration. Definitely a lack of diversity and you can see it in administration.

Golden Meadows Elementary School 3

Posted April 06, 2009

Golden Meadows Elementary School 0

Posted October 23, 2008
I wish I never had transferred my child to this school. The teachers (not all) treat the students as if they were in boot camp. They can't talk in the cafeteria, they can't pretty much do anything without getting a mark for it. I wouldn't suggest this school to anyone. This school is unacceptable. Teachers shouldn't be allowed to treat students like this. They are so hard on these kids, elementary kids at that!

Golden Meadows Elementary School 2

Posted September 20, 2008

Golden Meadows Elementary School 5

Posted March 31, 2008
My child is in 5th grade and he has learned alot this year. That's why I rate this school at five star rating.

Golden Meadows Elementary School 5

Posted September 18, 2006
This is a Great School with great staff and administration. They worked wonders

Golden Meadows Elementary School
1726 Travis Street, Garland, TX  75042
Last modified Golden Meadows Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Golden Meadows Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top