Garland, TX

Handley El 1

Posted March 17, 2014
One of the worst experiences of my kids attending school. My kids will NOT be returning. The kids have so much bad behavior there, the teachers focus more on discipline than teaching, and the discipline isn't that great. This is my kids first year here, and if I'd known this was not a good choice school learning wise and with the students' behavior, they would've never attended.

Posted June 04, 2013
This has been a great year overall for my daughter, especially because I got to know her teachers so well. I would suggest parents to be as involved as you can be. Don't wait til something "happens" to request a conference. This is a great school.

Posted October 08, 2012
this is a best shool ! teacher take time to know the students, my daughters are very happy

Posted January 01, 2012
This is a GREAT school! Teacher take time to know the students,like my son was in kinder and other teachers knew him by name.I love that, security is A+ at this school.And the principal / vice principal ,well I've never seen one take the time to be outside after school making sure everyone is safe let it be crossing the street or even directing traffic.THERE EXCELLENT

Handley El 1

Posted April 09, 2010
The students at this school are disrespectful and out of control. Do not send your child here if you want you him or her to get a good education ,

Posted March 23, 2010
My daughter has attended Handley since 2003, the last year they had pre-k there. I have been very happy with her education at this school. Handley was a recognized school in the 2008-2009 school year. As with any school, the best way to get the most out of it, is to be active as a parent. The teachers and the principal are always available to discuss your child's progress. Handley also has a great music program, maybe even better some respects than some of the magnet elementary schools. 4th and 5th graders get world class drumming instruction through a grant, and the music teacher sets up numerous performances through out the district and city not only for the drumming group, but also Honor Choir, and other musical performances.

Posted April 17, 2009
I am very pleased with this school. My children have been attending since kindergarten. Every year they have great teachers. And the front office ladies are always so nice!

Posted January 21, 2009
Great school faculty and campus location as well as nice landscaping. Just need someone to open the doors at 7am instead of 7:30am..Yea before and after care could be offered i would pay for that...Mr. Jones

Posted March 27, 2008
My son did not know how to read when he started school this year he is know on the honor roll and reading at a second grade level i am so impressed with the teachers

Posted September 04, 2004
My child attends Handley Elementary. I am pleased with the current low student-teacher ratio. This is assuming my child's teacher is very motivated. I would like to see more experienced teachers on site. New teachers are terrific, but we also need some solid, mature minds to balance the atmosphere. I am not pleased with the overcrowding at this school. Even though there are low ratios, Handley is overcrowded. Lunchtime is a very disturbing routine. Children hardly have time to eat their food before the class has to move out to allow the next set of classes in for their lunch.

3725 Broadway Boulevard, Garland, TX  75043
Last modified Handley El is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Handley El Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top