Garland, TX

Heather Glen Elementary School 3

Posted April 18, 2011
My daughter attends Healther Glen and is in the 1st grade. The best part about Heather Glen is Mrs. Collins!! She is a wonderful caring teacher. I agree that the principal and the school programs cater to the non English speaking students and parents. I quit going to the programs and meeting because you can not understand anything that is going on.

Heather Glen Elementary School 2

Posted March 11, 2010
Two teachers stand out head & shoulders above the rest. Mrs. Collins & Ms. King are true inspirations! The principal seems to just be sleepwalking through the job! Effort to reach out to non-spanish speaking parents is not there. The principal exhausts all energies on lower income and non-spanish speaking children, while forgetting the middle class students/parents. I've attended 'family' night at the school for two years, and the whole program was in spanish! I asked my child why didn't the whole grade level participate in the program and was told that the school only asks the Hispanic kids. So my child didn't even get to participate. Others aren't even given an opportunity!!! I guess I should be greatful because when my child was in the 1st grade, only the Hispanic families were given an invitation to attend! the principal needs to wake up now before he loses the school!

Heather Glen Elementary School 1

Posted October 27, 2007
My daughter attended this school for four years. I recomend another school. The only positive experience was Mrs. Collins her first grade teacher.

Heather Glen Elementary School 5

Posted October 27, 2006
I like the school and feel very welcome, I really like the fact you have to be let in be the office. My child likes her teacher and has learned so much in these first few months of school. She comes home and wants to show me what she has learned.

Heather Glen Elementary School 5

Posted September 18, 2006
My daughter loves Heather Glen. There are great teachers, plenty of extracurricular activities, and it's just a fun and caring atmosphere. Parents could be invited to participate more, but other than that I have no complaints at all. I'm glad my daughter has such a great school!

Heather Glen Elementary School 4

Posted May 24, 2006
Excellent teachers, and faculty. I really appreciate the leadership they have given my son this year.

Heather Glen Elementary School 3

Posted March 10, 2006
Great school with great teachers. Work load seems a little heavy at times.

Heather Glen Elementary School 4

Posted October 24, 2005
This is a good school. My daughter transfered here from a good school,so I was worried that this one would not meet expectations. They did. The staff was helpful and friendly and made the transition easier for us.

Heather Glen Elementary School 2

Posted April 01, 2005

Heather Glen Elementary School 1

Posted January 29, 2004
I agree very much so with the other parent's review comment. I went to Heather Glen also and the school has declined on the teacher/student/parent involvment level. I feel the school is catering to the low-income familys and takes away from the middle class familys safety and education. I feel english should be the primary language courses offered. How are the hispanic children ever going to be equiped to function in society in the USA, when the courses they are offered are taught in the spanish language?

Heather Glen Elementary School
5119 Heather Glen Drive, Garland, TX  75043
Last modified Heather Glen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Heather Glen Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top