Garland, TX
Students enrolled: 2,330

N Garland High School 4

Posted June 03, 2011
Our son attended North Garland High School because he was accepted into the MST program. He focused on one of the engineering disciplines as well as the liberal arts programs. His experience there was positive from both an academic and a personal growth point of view. The involvement of the teachers and administrative staff was always proactive and generally positive. As with most academic environments today, the administrative staff is somewhat restricted as it relates to being totally creative based on the makeup of their current class (i.e. over focus on TAKS tests). The student population cultural mix was broad which in some instances presented issues, but overall it was well accepted and adapted to. Based on the categories being rated here, additional parental involvement, ownership, and leadership is the only major area that would provide additional benefit overall. Overall, a solid school to attend.

Posted October 30, 2009
Im currently a student in NGHS. Im a softmore in the school. NGHS is a great school the band in wich im currently in is great we put alot of compason and dedication to our music the band directors are the best that any school can have. We take great pride in our football team and our school i love it here and i recomend NGHS to any upcomeing freshmean. NGHS 4 Life

Posted October 18, 2009
My sons graduated in 2004 and 2006 from the MST program at North Garland. They both had excellent educational learning experiences there. They were able to continue their technology education and find careers that are both personally fulfilling and financially stable. For students interested in MST, NG is an excellent place to be!

N Garland High School 3

Posted December 26, 2007
I graduated from this school in 2004 and currently have a younger sister in 9th grade there. It is not the best school out there by far but I feel like in comparison to other GISD schools, I recieved a quality education with great extracurriculars. However, I assume, just like other schools, NG had a few teachers that probably had no place teaching and should have retired far too many years ago. Some of the more seasoned teachers are not really changing with the times very well.

Posted January 13, 2007
North Garland offers a great math and science curriculium for students. My son has excelled well beyond my expectations and continues to strive for excellence. The Raider Band Staff are fantastic! They continually strive for 100% from all of its band members on a daily basis. The staff are very supportive, interactive, and challenging. I would recommend North Garland High to any upcoming student.

Posted August 24, 2006
Great Orchestra Program and friendly staff! The Multimedia Program can't be beat at any high school.

N Garland High School 4

Posted October 07, 2004
This school has come a long way in a short time. NG's football teem is on the rise and has a good chance of going to playoffs. The band is going all out as well as the vollyball. As in the past we have high expectations for our basketball team. I can't get enough of the great teachers especialy Mrs. Suliven, she really cares. As for the earlier coment about clases being too crouded I only wish that parent would have looked at the other schools in this city. All but garland have a higher average of students in a class. Also pertaining to the comment of the school having too many distractions and students grades droping off I know many students that are still on the honor roll so maybe it was just your kids not working. I love NG and I always will.

N Garland High School 1

Posted September 08, 2004
I think this is the worse school my children have ever went to. I have never seen a school that has so much red tape in my life to excuse a child for being tardy or absent. It's ridiculous. I would hope someone investigates this school's practices. Not only this school, but the GISD period. It is unfair to minorities. No my child is not rude, a trouble maker, as a matter of fact she is in advanced classes and is doing pretty well. I would not recomment this school if you are a minority.

N Garland High School 1

Posted September 07, 2004
My children were students at this school 2003-2004 and I was very dissatisfied with the leader ship and the teachers. My daughter has always been a a/b student but at this school it is too many distractions, bad routie kids no control over the classrooms and not enough teachers who care, so when my childrens grades dropped I decided it was time to pack up and move around so my children can get a better education.

Posted December 06, 2003
In the last year I have had to interface with the principals and many teachers of North Garland due to my son's illness. I have never encountered a more caring, professional group of people in my years as a mom. They bent over backwards to help him. My daugher is also here. She is in the Math, Science Technology program. It's the best!

N Garland High School
2109 West Buckingham Road, Garland, TX  75042
Last modified N Garland High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
N Garland High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top