Posted April 22, 2013
School is structured around instructional time. Students are given every opportunity to be successful. Roach also has a science lab for K-2 and one for 3-5. Students in grades 2-5 have the opportunity to participate in a great after school program, Ballet Folklorico.

Roach Elementary School 0

Posted October 20, 2009
The principal Mrs. O'Neil is very involved in every aspect of the school. They have received an excellent rating for education for years and the teachers love the kids.

Roach Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
At Routh Roach everyone works for the child. Every decision, every dollar spent, every late night is because of the child.

Posted May 21, 2008
My daughter attended Kindergarten this year with Mrs. Rickman. She has learned so much in such a short time. Mrs. Rickman's style of teaching has helped my daughter gain confidence and a desire to learn more : ) She is testing ahead in reading and math for her grade level and loves school. What a great way to be introduced into the educational system.

Roach Elementary School 4

Posted May 14, 2008
I would say that I am very pleased with this school. My son attended there several years ago. Nothing is perfect, but the effort these teachers put forth is heartwarming. My sons fifth grade teacher (Ms. Cahill), would tutor different days depending on the needs of different parents, even dropping them off after tutorials if necessary. He just got his drivers license in March, and we went to pick her up for ice cream. Lasting impressions say a lot.

Posted August 26, 2005

Roach Elementary School 1

Posted January 10, 2005
This school needs to focus on teaching the students the basics so that they can perform well on the TAKS test rather than being drilled repeatedly on how to test. My child is in the 4th grade and will not be returning next year. The 4th grade teachers are very difficult and think they are teaching high school students. Their grading methods are horrible. If your child is an above average learner they will be stifled at Routh Roach. The teachers do not want to have to put in any extra effort to reach a child. The biggest problem I feel at Routh Roach is they would prefer to have all of the kids on medicine rather than try to reach the student and bring out the best in them. On a positive note, Mrs. Linda Jones in 3rd grade is an excellent teacher.

Roach Elementary School 2

Posted December 04, 2004
I was pleased with Routh Roach until my son was in 4th Grade. The attitude, unwillingness or lack of desire of his teachers to help him understand certain concepts is totally unacceptable. Personal grading system by certain teachers dropped my son's GPA to a 'C+' average. My son will not be attending 5th Grade at Routh Roach.

Roach Elementary School 3

Posted September 22, 2004
My son started Routh Roach as a 2nd grader this year and I was not pleased with the attitude, willingness or desire of his teacher to help him. We have since moved him to a different school.

Roach Elementary School 2

Posted May 11, 2004
My child came to Routh Roach from a charter school and next year she will be returning to a charter school. Every since she has been at this school it has been a constant struggle. I believe this school is good for some people, but not all. Some teachers are very good and others seem to take the attitude that as long as the majority of the class understands then he/she has done his/her job. My overall experience with Routh Roach is not a very satifactory at all.

Roach Elementary School
1811 Mayfield Avenue, Garland, TX  75041
Last modified Roach Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Roach Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top