Bad
Good

Great school but change was needed. Love the direction the new principal, Mr. Darden is making. The staff is friendly and most teachers work hard for the students, others really should retire.

The school is good. I have 1son that attended @Southgate & another who is still there. Only one complain with one teacher who was very unfair&lazy! Made my son feel unsure of himself&low self esteem. I was very unhappy with her(Mrs. James). That's the only problem I have had. But otherwise all teachers are great starting with Mrs. Francis&Mrs.Buckman. Both are awesome! Understanding,fair,helpful,etc. And the principal as well!

This school brings neighborhood home values down. You should visit this school before buying property anywhere in the area. If you are expecting a normal education for your child, do NOT send him/her to Southgate.

I really expected more from my neighborhood school. There seems to be a lot of bad behavior/immature behavior on the part of the kindergarten teachers especially who like to single children out and treat them badly. I have heard absolute horror stories about the librarian. She is cruel to children who are unluckey enough to get her attention during library time. She's made little girls cry.

My child went to school at Southgate for one year and that was enough for our family. Terrible neighborhood school. Thank goodness we were accepted into the gifted program. If not, I do not know what we would have done.

I love Southgate. My kids have been there for 4 years. Everything about this school is fabulous.

This school has terrible communication between teachers and parents. Teachers ignore notes and doctors orders. If you have an interest in a good edcuation for your child and especially if your child is a special needs child, do not send him/her to this school.

The teachers at southgate are wonderful! Ms. Francis, Ms. Hill, & Ms. Barto made a huge difference in both of my children! Mr. Schilling is an ideal principal. The entire school cares very much about all their students.

My child is in Kindergarten and has some special needs. He is so happy and content. I am pleased with the extra attention he receives, and I see that he has made incredible progress in the last six months. I think Ms. Francis is great; also the Asst. Principal, Deborah!

Last modified Southgate Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.