Bad
Good

My son is in first grade here. The whole school staff from the front office, to the teachers and principal have been very supportive and helpful, and will also go out of their way to find out answers if they don't know them. The extracurricular programs are also great and my son loves going to Vial every day.

School offers great additional programs and my daughter loves going to school everyday, and was even excited for summer to end so she could start first grade. Very pleased with her Kindergarten and 1st grade year.

Excellent school with an excellent dual language program. We couldn't be happier! My husband and I have a 6 year old who is excited to go to school every day. He loves his teacher and his principal Mr. Price!

my kid is always getting picked bullied and his teachers do nothing about it but when he hits back its like how dare you and the main source of his problems his math teacher every time he gets messed he won't tell right away but when he tells they nothing about it

My son attended this school from Kin-2nd grade and we had nothing but great experiences. In the 2010-2011 CC@Vial got a new principal who isa blessing to this school. It's always aparent when the people that run a school are there for the kids and not just to work.

This is our 5th year as CCV parents. The school is much better w/ our interim principal, Mr. Price than it was under the previous principal. My biggest disappointment this year is with the supposed gifted curriculum that is offered. GISD's website and letters from academies state that if your child is deemed to be gifted, they will receive additional gifted studies. THIS IS NOT TRUE.

This school is perfect for any child. I feel so satisfied that my child is going to this wonderful school.

Love this school and the great people working there, great program. No complaints. The PTA is another story. Just not the same as it was in the past. I told my wife to stop attending those meetings. They are unorganized and unprofessional. I am going to keep my kids at the school, because I do love the magnet program, teachers and administrators. However, until the PTA changes, we will not be participating in their functions.

I am very pleased with the school. They put on two great theater productions every year. My child learns and participates in extracurricular activies. I recommend this school to all who can get in. The transportation system is also great. I was a little worried about them riding the bus, but everything has been fine.

My children have been attending Vial since 2003. This the first year (2009/2010) that we have been dissatisfied. New administration has been put in place. Our students are no longer getting the excellerated curriculum that was provided in the past. We expect an enhanced excellerated curriculum from a Magnet school with Exemplary status. Where is it... My child no longer is eager to attend school. Infact there are times when even bribbery doesn't stop the 'I don't want to go to school' whine. I agree with the previous poster, it is not the school it was intended to be. GISD help us.

Last modified Classical Center At Vial Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.