Bad
Good

I love this school. Both my children attended this school. The teachers are very caring and communicated on a regular basis with me. I would highly recommend this school.

I was a long-term substitute teacher at the school, and I ended up dreading getting up in the morning to go. Students in bilingual first grade were not being taught Spanish, an issue that got me spoken to by the district's bilingual coordinator. I found most teachers to be supportive and helpful, but the office staff were inexcusably rude and put out when I asked questions. I also felt that my hands were tied when it came to dealing with problems in the class, because the principal's response was, "Couldn't they be acting up because they're struggling with [English] vocabulary and they're just frustrated?" Science materials were often not available. But I think the worst thing was the glue-like adherence to the standardized curriculum, which the students and I found boring and not at all engaging. Too much was crammed into one week, without much time for creativity or other approaches. I haven't been back, nor will I be back. Again, most of the teachers do seem to enjoy working with kids, but I think much could be done to improve morale.

Being at this school the last 2 years has been a AWFUL experience for my children! What the last person said was absolutely correct but it was nothing but HORRIBLE by the end of this year. Teachers can't teach if the principals ain't worth a lick and the 2 they got there are useless. They're always too busy talking it up and eating take-out with the rude ladies in the office to see what a mess the school has become. My kids come home saying how the principals/counselor do nothing but give rewards to troublemakers bc thats what keeps them from running and screaming in the halls. How are good kids getting rewarded? Teachers are being scolded for rewarding good kids. It's BS over there. Half the teachers are leaving. A retiring teacher said the other half want to leave but are afraid of being targeted by the principal if they try to leave! I"m moving my kids too. I wish the folks over in the Central Office would get rid of this new principal and fix our neighborhood school!

Last modified Weaver Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.