Bad
Good

Weaver Elementary School 5

Posted April 22, 2014
I love this school. Both my children attended this school. The teachers are very caring and communicated on a regular basis with me. I would highly recommend this school.

Weaver Elementary School 2

Posted January 09, 2014
I was a long-term substitute teacher at the school, and I ended up dreading getting up in the morning to go. Students in bilingual first grade were not being taught Spanish, an issue that got me spoken to by the district's bilingual coordinator. I found most teachers to be supportive and helpful, but the office staff were inexcusably rude and put out when I asked questions. I also felt that my hands were tied when it came to dealing with problems in the class, because the principal's response was, "Couldn't they be acting up because they're struggling with [English] vocabulary and they're just frustrated?" Science materials were often not available. But I think the worst thing was the glue-like adherence to the standardized curriculum, which the students and I found boring and not at all engaging. Too much was crammed into one week, without much time for creativity or other approaches. I haven't been back, nor will I be back. Again, most of the teachers do seem to enjoy working with kids, but I think much could be done to improve morale.

Weaver Elementary School 1

Posted June 29, 2013
Being at this school the last 2 years has been a AWFUL experience for my children! What the last person said was absolutely correct but it was nothing but HORRIBLE by the end of this year. Teachers can't teach if the principals ain't worth a lick and the 2 they got there are useless. They're always too busy talking it up and eating take-out with the rude ladies in the office to see what a mess the school has become. My kids come home saying how the principals/counselor do nothing but give rewards to troublemakers bc thats what keeps them from running and screaming in the halls. How are good kids getting rewarded? Teachers are being scolded for rewarding good kids. It's BS over there. Half the teachers are leaving. A retiring teacher said the other half want to leave but are afraid of being targeted by the principal if they try to leave! I"m moving my kids too. I wish the folks over in the Central Office would get rid of this new principal and fix our neighborhood school!

Weaver Elementary School 4

Posted March 21, 2006
I think the teachers at Weaver are great. The Principal is very nice and caring with the kids everytime I have seen her. They do offer math/reading nights periodically that the kids to attend and enjoy. There are not alot of extracurricular activities that are offered that I have every seen and I would like to see more of that. I also think there is lack of parent involment when it comes to helping the teachers out with school functions. Overall the school has been very good for my child.

Weaver Elementary School
805 Pleasant Valley Road, Garland, TX  75040
Last modified Weaver Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Weaver Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top