School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

The students and staff at Lyles Middle School are establishing a culture that promotes high achievement and a safe and civil school. We are soliciting parent and community input as a means to ensure that we are meeting the needs of all parties.
February 18, 2014

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

I love the new direction of this school. They have, in my opinion, made solid changes which have affected discipline in a considerable way, which in turn leads to a better learning environment. I'm really excited they're getting rid of charging for "free dress day" with a focus on making "free dress" actually free, while rewarding academics and behavior. That's kinda nice for those with financial challenges. Thanks Lyles

As far as education I would say it is good. But when it comes to a problem with my son jacket they can go to hell. Never have I been a school when the color of a coat matters. Then they have the nerve to take the students jackets away until after school. Some students bring their coats because of health reasons. I think if they want a students to have a certain coat they should purchase one for them. I refuse to be told how to provide for my son. I work hard everyday to make sure my son has a good view on how life is suppose to be preparing him for the future.

I love lizeth she is the best student there :)

They good teacher that care and they some improvement but they help my daughters a lot

I love the staff and how helpful they are with helping my son get comfortable in his new school.

I have had a very good experience with all teachers and administrators. There is always very good communication.

My daughter just started going there in 6th grade and she loves it. I was a little scared by the reviews but everything is very structured and she loves it there! She loves all of the teachers and they really keep the parent involved with activities.

Lyles Middle School has "Met Standard" the last 2 years. We are a highly recommended Emerging National Demonstration School for AVID. We are looking forward to tremendous growth in our students this year!

I've had two children attend Lyles and I can honestly say that the experience is what you make it. There are supportive teachers who keep you in the know with your child. And teachers who don't return emails. Being persistent and present gets results. Every year in the last three has gotten better and better it's a work in progress. I have another year left as a Lyles parent and I know it will be great.

Lyles Middle School is an awesome place to work. The fun and safe culture of the school is created by the Administrators that run the school. I love coming to work everyday and teaching the students at this school. Lyles Middle School has a lot to offer, especially for students that may be struggling to find their nitch in life or a group to hand out with because we have such a diverse school.

Last modified Lyles Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.