Garland, TX
Before care: Yes
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

The students and staff at Lyles Middle School are establishing a culture that promotes high achievement and a safe and civil school. We are soliciting parent and community input as a means to ensure that we are meeting the needs of all parties.
February 18, 2014

Posted November 12, 2014
My daughter just started going there in 6th grade and she loves it. I was a little scared by the reviews but everything is very structured and she loves it there! She loves all of the teachers and they really keep the parent involved with activities.

Posted April 17, 2014
I've had two children attend Lyles and I can honestly say that the experience is what you make it. There are supportive teachers who keep you in the know with your child. And teachers who don't return emails. Being persistent and present gets results. Every year in the last three has gotten better and better it's a work in progress. I have another year left as a Lyles parent and I know it will be great.

Posted February 25, 2014
Lyles Middle School is an awesome place to work. The fun and safe culture of the school is created by the Administrators that run the school. I love coming to work everyday and teaching the students at this school. Lyles Middle School has a lot to offer, especially for students that may be struggling to find their nitch in life or a group to hand out with because we have such a diverse school.

Posted February 23, 2014
New administrators and professional educators. Lyles Middle School has a great administrative team, staff, and teachers!

Posted February 20, 2014
Two years ago I would have rated this school with one or two starts. The current leadership has, and continues to change the school culture to one that is focused on the learning of every student. The facilities are clean inside and out. Lyles is as safe place for students to learn. The staff continues to receive high quality training and are learning to work together to ensure students learn at high levels. There is certainly room for improvement, but the staff at Lyles is hard at work and meeting the challenge of change with hard work and dedication. Looking forward to see continued change and growth!

Posted February 20, 2014
Education that's PERSONABLE and CARING is what we deliver at Lyles Middle School. With a top notch administration team that puts a PREMIUM on EXCELLENCE, our culture has changed for the better since I began my 6 years tenure here. Parents are constantly encouraged to join in actively with our partnership! Our substitutes are considered an educational extension of our academic community here. I say, "it's certainly a great day to be a Lumberjack!"

Posted February 19, 2014
Lyles is a wonderful school, Our Teachers are amazing and really care about the students education and go above and beyond to make sure they excell.

Posted February 19, 2014
I think others should know that Lyles Middle School is an exceptional school While working with a very difficult population, the teachers are diligent in ensuring student success. Teachers come in early, leave late, and work on Saturday to provide additional support to students.

Lyles Middle School 3

Posted February 19, 2014
Lyles Middle School has really come a long way in the past couple of years! Under the new administration headed by Principal Darrin Hemphill, Lyles is being transformed. The culture is more positive, the administration is more supportive, and the teachers really work together for the success of the students. Although we are hoping for even more parent involvment, progress is being made to get more parents and community members into the school with the "Interactive Parent Days" and "Community Open House." In addition, much more effort is being made to get the students prepared for high school. With the implementation of the AVID program, even mroe students are leaving Lyles being prepared for higher level classes in high school, in turn preparing them for college. Like any other school, there is always work to do. However, we are working really hard to improve on a daily basis!

Posted February 19, 2014
Lyles is a place where everyone is welcomed. Teachers and administration work hard FOR the students in order to ensure success. Teachers and administration also encourage parent participation in school activities on a weekly basis. Students are geared toward college and careers that will showcase their natural abilities and talents.

Lyles Middle School
4655 South Country Club Road, Garland, TX  75043
Last modified Lyles Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lyles Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top