Shugart Elementary School 3

Posted December 18, 2014
I have a son at shugart. I call for the principle who is never there and talk to the other principal. My boy is telling me that he is always right, but he is not. That principle just blames the teachers, not my boy. Not good to do because he learns to blame me too. Bad principles.

Posted May 09, 2014
I' m a mom of 3 girls that attend Shugart and I love this school, we move to DISD for a few months and we have to move back because DISD sucks! I don't have any complaint abt this School all the stuff is very nice and the most important thing my daughters learn and feel happy at the school!! GREAT JOB SHUGART ELEMENTARY!!!

Posted January 23, 2014
As a parent, I really recomend this school. Well organized outside traffic and inside,safe, friendly, caring, helpful, and more... Thank you Principal Kelly Williams!! A good place starts with a good Leader, When I read this I think of leader like The principal Kelly Williams.. The whole city celebrates when the godly succeed; they shout for joy when the wicked die. Thank you Principal

Shugart Elementary School 2

Posted December 05, 2013
Ugh what a mistake to send my child here. Their teachers are not as committed as couch elementary teachers. I'm not being bias but coach elementary students are academically better.

Posted March 13, 2013
Being a parent to only one child who started kindergarten in august of '12. I was very VERY precautious about where to send my daughter to. Luckily b/c its GISD and we have choice of school i didnt feel 'forced' to put her in shugart. So far so good though, I absolutely ADORE her teacher Mrs.Donham who is the sweetest teacher and really helpful. She is very involved and is always giving feedback on my daughter whether positive or negative. The school in general is a plus as well. I have gone to have lunch with my daughter a few times and everyone in the office is great. It seems to be a very 'tight knit' school, everyone knows the students by name and the students know the staff as well, this is a plus in my opinion. My daughter will be attending Shugart next year as well. I really like it here. edit: I did have a negative with the principal at the beginning of the year which left a bad taste in my mouth. She appears to take her 'title' to heart and speaks 'down' on others.

Posted October 27, 2009
My 2 kids go to this school and they've had tremendous changes in their skills and knowledge since coming from a different school district 2 years ago. The teachers are incredible! Very knowledgable and accomodating. They know how to handle their students very well, though I see one lacking a little TLC. But it doesn't reflect the entire school as a whole. The Principal, assistant principal down to the staff know each kids very well, and by name! Just amazing. 5 stars aren't just enough for these amazing people!

Shugart Elementary School 1

Posted May 26, 2009

Shugart Elementary School 4

Posted October 08, 2008

Shugart Elementary School 3

Posted May 26, 2008
My daughter has been a student at this school for four years. Let me just say, the theachers are great so is the cricrulem! My only complaint is the lack of dissaplen 8 out of 10 of the kids have. Come playground bullies to kids stealing from teachers and students. Although I must say,the school is making alot of changes to correct thies misshaps. For the most part this is not a bad school.

Posted February 06, 2008
I'm a parent and my son go to Shugart. I admire the teachers and principal for making our kids recognize every end of 6 wks. in doing a good job and this make them strive in their studies. This school is highly recommended for their strict rules and regulations that make students become independent and responsible. Keep up!

Shugart Elementary School
4726 Rosehill Road, Garland, TX  75043
Last modified Shugart Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shugart Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top