Naaman Forest High School 2

Posted August 29, 2014
This school is okay but the main problem I have with them is the counselors. They messed up my schedule; I took Geometry last year and this year I was supposed to take Algebra II. Well they gave me Algebra 1 and listed me as a 9th grader (note I didnt fail any classes last year) and I was one of the first people to fill out a schedule change form and while the other students waited from atleast 10 minutes to 2 days they're made me wait 1 week so far and I go to the counseler's office everyday and the lady in front is not letting me put a foot in counselour's office but most students literally walk in and ignore the lady and go straight to the counselour's office. I really don't understand what's taking them so long they have like 5-6 counselers who each are in charge of a porportion of the students by their last name (A-G,H-U etc.) It shouldn't take her that long. Hopefully they'll see this review because I'm a week behind Alg. 2 and forced to be in a class I took two years ago.I never been to a school so lasy. I had a problem with the counselers last year because they took so long to change my schedule to basketball which required me to miss 2 games because I didnt know any plays.

Naaman Forest High School 4

Posted November 05, 2013
Large school with diverse curriculum. Easy to get lost in the large class sizes, but driven students will thrive here. Only one bad experience with an instructor during my tenure, and I do believe this issue was resolved. Graduated from this school and went on to obtain Bachelor's and Master's in Engineering.

Naaman Forest High School 4

Posted August 12, 2013
The school's education is great. The teachers really do care about the students and their performance. Although there tends to be fights, the students there are good. you just have to know who to hang around. I moved to Naaman from lake centennial, because i felt like the teachers only favored certain students, and didn't care about much except for Taks. I don't regret my decision at all; Naaman and its staff are wonderful.

Naaman Forest High School 2

Posted January 24, 2013
The teacher's are pretty great, but the student population of this school has gone downhill. There are fights literally every single day, and despite the efforts of many of the staff, it is only getting worse. There are no true punishments for these kids who fight. They get 3 days suspension and then come right back, no ticket or otherwise. There are also too many kids in each classroom, 35 kids crammed into a class with 28 seats and 7 are squashed on the floor with notebooks in their laps. The counselors apparently don't care where the students end up. The school is very over-populated. There aren't even enough seats in the lunch room for every kid to sit.

Posted September 11, 2012
This school is and always will be better than north garland. They have voc prep and they teach how'd to get a job and be successful in life. Teachers are nice and it was awesome.

Posted May 31, 2012
The best school! I been there and the teachers are great! Better than north garland

Posted December 23, 2011
Look, this is a fantastic school. Hands down. If you're willing to put yourself out there and meet people and try new things you will be greatly rewarded. I graduated in 09 and I can honestly say it was one of my fondest times I had growing up, even compared to that big university down in Austin. I honestly don't understand the criticism from people on this site. High school isn't about memorizing the Pythagorean theorem or getting the highest mark on your English exam, in fact it's about growing up and the experiences you make with your friends and the environment. I feel like Naaman provides excellent tools for all this. It has a diverse student population that is reflected in the activities offered to its students whether it be sports or clubs. What I also loved about the school is that it taught me how to grow a backbone and look out for myself, an essential for surviving college. That's the problem with so many parents nowadays. Too many are demanding that the school provide the goods and services to their children (i.e. coddle them to death). Instead it should be the responsibility of the student to go out and find what they want.

Posted June 14, 2011
I graduated from Naaman Forest back in 2004 and I will say it was the most enjoyable 4 years of school in my life besides college of course. The teachers here really care about the students and same with the administration staff. Joe Skinner was one of my favorite teachers back in the day but he has since retired. Dr. Gerald Hudson was an assistant principal at the time and was one of my greatest supporters while at Naaman. I also played baseball and the athletic community is outstanding. It was like my home away from home.

Posted June 14, 2011

Naaman Forest High School 3

Posted June 30, 2010
The faculty does not have a concern regarding the kids education. They don't put forth the effort to disciple those that need it. The students and faculty have the "Its whatever" mentality.

Naaman Forest High School
4843 Naaman Forest Boulevard, Garland, TX  75040
Last modified Naaman Forest High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Naaman Forest High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top