Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Vernal Lister Elementary School 1

Posted June 06, 2016
Suspending children without teacher communication to parents or witnesses & illegally punishing children by taking their recesses away if they have ADHD or behavior problems or can't finish their work.

Posted March 18, 2015
I have two kids that have attended for several years. Great teachers, staff and nurse.

Vernal Lister Elementary School 1

Posted February 09, 2013
This is school by far not responsible about childrens safety. My son was slammed to the ground by another student and hit in his face. The teacher put the student in time out for the rest of the recess time and did not send my son to the nurses office after he requested to go. I was not notified of the incident until my son tells me and I quickly asked the teacher about it and she says she did not know much about it but another teacher did. When the other teach came she says she "assumed" they were playing around. My son told her in front of me and the teacher. " I was crying and all you did was tell me I better go get in line and listen to what you just told me to do." I asked the teacher why was I not notified. She just stood their and said nothing.. So I got off my car to go talk to the principal and the principal was no help she said she will take care of it on Monday. So now I have to wait three days. The safety of my children going to the school is the issue.. the teachers knew and did no effort to report the fight to me or the principal. Stopping bullying in this school must not be a priority.

Posted September 25, 2007
I go to Lister and the it's great! The teacher's there are very nice and understanding Plus- they help you when a student doesn't understand something. This school is run by a very nice Principal Mrs. Wilkerson and assisstant principal Mrs. Irby. I respect them and the teachers of this school

Posted September 20, 2006
A real good school but a little overcrowded.

Posted August 22, 2005
This is my daughter's first year at Lister. I have been very pleased thus far with her teacher and the whole experience.

Posted August 15, 2005
i think lister is awesome. love the teachers. they need more parking spots for parents.

Posted October 02, 2004
I am generally pleased w/ Lister. Mrs. Ferrell is a very good 2nd grade teacher there. I hope the other teachers are of a similar high quality.

Posted May 20, 2004
My child has attended Lister for two years and I'm satisfied with her education. The principal is involved and knows my child by name. However, the vice-principal rarely smiles and I've heard teachers screaming at their students which makes me sad. The extra assistance that my child receives is greatly appreciated so I'd give the school an overall 3 out of 5.

Vernal Lister Elementary School 2

Posted May 10, 2004
Although I'd never call Lister a bad school it certainly leaves a great deal to be desired in terms of welcome and warmth toward parents and students. Teachers are less than willing to give meaningful information to parents that will help kids do better. Rarely do teachers or administrators smile. Even more rarely did my child during their time there.

Vernal Lister Elementary School
3131 Mars Drive, Garland, TX  75040
Last modified Vernal Lister Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.