Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Suspending children without teacher communication to parents or witnesses & illegally punishing children by taking their recesses away if they have ADHD or behavior problems or can't finish their work.

I have two kids that have attended for several years. Great teachers, staff and nurse.

This is school by far not responsible about childrens safety. My son was slammed to the ground by another student and hit in his face. The teacher put the student in time out for the rest of the recess time and did not send my son to the nurses office after he requested to go. I was not notified of the incident until my son tells me and I quickly asked the teacher about it and she says she did not know much about it but another teacher did. When the other teach came she says she "assumed" they were playing around. My son told her in front of me and the teacher. " I was crying and all you did was tell me I better go get in line and listen to what you just told me to do." I asked the teacher why was I not notified. She just stood their and said nothing.. So I got off my car to go talk to the principal and the principal was no help she said she will take care of it on Monday. So now I have to wait three days. The safety of my children going to the school is the issue.. the teachers knew and did no effort to report the fight to me or the principal. Stopping bullying in this school must not be a priority.

I go to Lister and the it's great! The teacher's there are very nice and understanding Plus- they help you when a student doesn't understand something. This school is run by a very nice Principal Mrs. Wilkerson and assisstant principal Mrs. Irby. I respect them and the teachers of this school

A real good school but a little overcrowded.

Last modified Vernal Lister Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.