Garland, TX

Posted February 09, 2013
This is school by far not responsible about childrens safety. My son was slammed to the ground by another student and hit in his face. The teacher put the student in time out for the rest of the recess time and did not send my son to the nurses office after he requested to go. I was not notified of the incident until my son tells me and I quickly asked the teacher about it and she says she did not know much about it but another teacher did. When the other teach came she says she "assumed" they were playing around. My son told her in front of me and the teacher. " I was crying and all you did was tell me I better go get in line and listen to what you just told me to do." I asked the teacher why was I not notified. She just stood their and said nothing.. So I got off my car to go talk to the principal and the principal was no help she said she will take care of it on Monday. So now I have to wait three days. The safety of my children going to the school is the issue.. the teachers knew and did no effort to report the fight to me or the principal. Stopping bullying in this school must not be a priority.

Posted November 15, 2008

Posted July 08, 2008

Posted June 30, 2008

Posted September 25, 2007
I go to Lister and the it's great! The teacher's there are very nice and understanding Plus- they help you when a student doesn't understand something. This school is run by a very nice Principal Mrs. Wilkerson and assisstant principal Mrs. Irby. I respect them and the teachers of this school

Posted April 01, 2007

Vernal Lister Elementary School 4

Posted September 20, 2006
A real good school but a little overcrowded.

Posted August 22, 2005
This is my daughter's first year at Lister. I have been very pleased thus far with her teacher and the whole experience.

Vernal Lister Elementary School 4

Posted August 15, 2005
i think lister is awesome. love the teachers. they need more parking spots for parents.

Posted February 12, 2005

Vernal Lister Elementary School
3131 Mars Drive, Garland, TX  75040
Last modified Vernal Lister Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vernal Lister Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top