Posted April 02, 2014
The best school ever... We love to be part of this great school. My daughter love the teachers and every one at big springs.

Big Springs Elementary School 0

Posted April 22, 2010
Great teachers! Great principal & staff! I would highly recommend BSE!!!

Posted April 19, 2010
Having been at another RISD elementary school where the teachers didn't seem to care, I can't believe how much these teachers want to teach our kids! I love the communication all the staff has with parents. I can't say enough great things about this school!!!

Big Springs Elementary School 0

Posted February 11, 2010
We moved here from Los Angeles a year ago and my son had a little catching up to do, I must say. Since attending Big Srpings, he has really blossomed academically!

Big Springs Elementary School 2

Posted October 06, 2008

Posted September 11, 2008

Posted August 01, 2008

Posted October 05, 2007
Great school. Fantastic teachers. My kids love it! Would like to see more PE and extra-curricular activities. But I guess there's school budget to consider. This 2007-2008 year, they're ranked as an Exemplary school. Top 10% in the state of TX. PTA of over 90%, what more can you ask. :)

Big Springs Elementary School 4

Posted February 07, 2006
My child is in kindergarden there. The long-time principal obviously cares and is a good administrator; the school is well-cared for and sufficiently funded (computers, library, playground). Low teacher turnover, many experienced. The PTA is somewhat active; the school demographic is 70% middle-middle class (active parents) and part working class, with increasing Hispanic/first-generation Asian component, making for some ESL issues and parents less likely to get involved (different cultural predisposition). Like most Texas public schools, the pace of instruction is much slower than our private-school friends see; my child benefits from the positive social environment but finds boredom in the stutifying 'teach to the test' curriculum that plays to the narrow band of students who could fail the TAKS. Overall it is a very good school for Texas and absolutely fine for all but the brightest; just a bit below what someone from, say, Massachusetts, would expect.

Big Springs Elementary School
3301 West Campbell Road, Garland, TX  75044
Last modified Big Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Big Springs Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top