Posted August 17, 2014
We moved our kids out of public school to Good Shepherd two years ago and it's been such a positive experience for our kids and our family. We were looking for a school that would focus on teaching the kids -- not on standardized testing. What we got was so much more -- the curriculum is more challenging than public school and with the small class sizes and great teachers the kids were able to catch up and have been learning so much. And the Christian environment and positive focus has made such a difference for the kids (entering 5th & 6th this year). The kids are gaining an amazing value system and growing in their faith. It's hard to put in words -- but I feel like we're giving our kids a foundation that will serve them for their whole lives. They also have an some opportunities to play sports and participate in some electives that wouldn't have been available in public school. The school is very affordable and they have financial aid available. I highly recommend it and would encourage you to check it out.

Good Shepherd Catholic School 1

Posted January 10, 2014
This used to be a great school but in the last two years it has really gone down. They have had a turnover in teachers which they have replaced with inexperienced ones. Enrollment has dropped greatly. Class sizes were large with no aides. Leadership doesn't address parent issues and concerns. Our family members have attended GSCS since the early 1960's but we have decided this will be our last year here. This is one step above public schools only in the environment. The Catholic education classes are excellent but unfortunately the regular education classes are poor.

Posted February 24, 2009
All four of my kids are in this school and it is our first year here. We have all had a wonderful and positive experience in this school that I can't say enough of how great this school is! A very involved and active principal; hardworking,devoted, competent teachers; and a small, close knit and involved community. The tuition is reasonable compared to other catholic schools and well worth the sacrifice for the great education and atmosphere that my children are in. A great diversity of cultures and so far all my kids are happy with their experiences with all their classmates. My kids commented how they like everyone in their class and how nice everyone is, compared to their classmates in public school. I expect to finish off all my kids in this school until they get into high school (this school starts at pre-k 3 up to middle school).

Good Shepherd Catholic School 0

Posted February 01, 2009
I have 2 boys at GSCS and we love this school. Everyone is friendly and always have a smile on there face. I have participated in school events and it is always very organized. We love,love Mrs. Esteban (Pre-K 3) she always says Hi to my one of my boys who is her former student, that makes him feel so special :) If you are looking for a close knit school community, then this one is it.

Good Shepherd Catholic School 4

Posted February 27, 2008
We enrolled our two kids at GSCS this year. My 9 year old son was bored at the public school where he was attending. He is thrilled now with all the challenges he is facing. My two kids shine every month with the various recognitions given to the ones that show effort throughout the month. The PTO is fully involved in the different fundraisers throughout the year. This school community is a small, friendly family where you feel appreciated and always greeted with a smile. I would recommend anyone to take a tour of our school and see what GSCS has to offer to you and your family.

Posted February 15, 2008
My son goes to this school and I absolutely made the right choice for him. He is way ahead of his regular school counterparts. He comes home speaking of religion rather than negative subjects. He is very sociable and really takes the time to do and understand his assignments. He is polite and well mannered as well. I highly recommend this school. The staff are all wonderful and really work with all the children. I feel he gets far more out of this school than he would in public schools. Tuition is reasonable compared to other schools of its kind. The President of the PTO even helped me get low cost uniforms.

Good Shepherd Catholic School 4

Posted September 18, 2006
This school provides a small environment and wonderful families. The teachers are very good - especially Mrs. Richardson-Bassett & Mrs. Stoffels. The principal has strong points and weak points (depends on the issue). Excellent diversity in the student population. I would highly recommend this school - your children would get a great moral and academic education.

Posted July 26, 2006

Posted March 07, 2006
great school, good atmosphere. we have been here for 8 yrs. and our child is 2 to 3 years ahead of their public school counter parts. A faith filled school that teaches the golden rules. no matter what your faith is, you will be welcome.

Good Shepherd Catholic School 3

Posted August 16, 2005

Good Shepherd Catholic School
214 South Garland Avenue, Garland, TX  75040
Last modified Good Shepherd Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Good Shepherd Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top