Bad
Good

The new Alpha is the place to be! Our school has truly taken a 180 degree turnaround. Academics, Parent/Student involvement, and Campus Life are all clearly on the rise. Our new administration & district-wide technology makeover have done wonders!

Its the worst school everr. They feel you jail food and it feels like your in prison.. I do not recommend anyone to go there. The teachers and principal are not good. The school is just flat out ridiculous. So if you want your kids to feel like they are in jal this is the perfect school for them. Oh and it does not help you really catch up.

This school needs to be shut down.... My child used to attend Alpha Charter. They have roaches and rats. The school lunches are a JOKE!!!! My child would come home complaining that he was still hungry after eating lunch. I think they still have a few good teachers, but I don't think they will be there much longer. The administration is a joke also. I think they are not concerned with children's education, but with making money. They do not have textbooks, no school sports or academic organizations. Technology is basically non-existent. The classrooms look like war zones. They have holes in the walls, and mold and mildew stains on the ceiling. I WOULDN'T ADVISE ANYONE TO LET THEIR CHILDREN ATTEND THIS SCHOOL....

This school cannot be serious! This is the worst "school" in all of the US. Lunch is held in the hallway and the so-called administration is a team of idiots who believe they have invented the best procedures and educational strategies ever. They pretend to put student success first, but you can see right through it that they only care about $$$ and trying to keep that dingy-smelling rat's nest open. They don't have any activities for the children to participate in unless you count detention and the ghettoized P.E. classes. Student's don't even get recess. Outsiders are free to walk right into the building and roam and visit classrooms whenever they feel. I would not advise anyone to go to this school unless you are coming to shut it down and board the building up....This school IS NOT the place to receive a serious education.

My son was having such a problem in public schools since the class rooms were so huge. When he began at Alpha I noticed his grades and his attitude toward school improve greatly! The teachers are excellent and Ms. Valerie has the entire school in line and that in itself is worth commending her for. My son has been taught not only the curriculum but also respect of not only himself, but other people. He will be attending again next year. And every year after that!

Let me just say WOW! I found this while looking for old classmates and was rather shocked that this school is still in business, or should I say, back in business as I know they closed years ago. I was student back in the 90's when they were known as Alpha Academy. I see that Brother York (as we were told to call him) is still in charge. I'm sorry to hear of the lose of his wife. I just hope that the teachers they hire are better than the ones they had while I was there. I wasn't surprised by the comment from the mother who found out that her child knew more than the teachers, I did. The statement about "a tuition-free private school education" is a bit surprising as we always had to pay. BUT, hopefully it's gotten better since they closed and reopened in the years since I've been there. Maybe Brother York and his daughter, Sister York have learned more. At least it doesn't look like y'all are calling them Brother and Sister anymore. Good Luck to those going there now!

My son went to this school for 2 years. I found out after I removed him that he was writting any answer to make problems in his math book...26*2 =4, and making 100. The teacher wasn't even checking the answers just giving a 100%. He is still trying to catch up on what he missed. They also collected money for trips, book clubs etc, and never gave our books etc nor our money back..just dissappeared. Very bad school.

I used to teach in that school and have since moved to Arizona; however, I woud come back in a heartbeat because the faculty,administration and support staff lover the students and will do what ever it take s for them to be successful citizens Support Alpha Charter because the helping the students is their reason for being there. Heaven know there is no monyey in teaching!

My nephew attends this school and has problems (due to the death of his mother) and they really work with him!!!!! He loves his school and teachers. That in itself says a lot for the staff. Especially, Ms. Valerie, I truly believe they care about the kids and his grades are great!

The teachers are nice and try to help students much as possible. The school started a MMA(mix martial arts) club (both genders can join) and a flag football team. The school is trying to raise money to play tackle football next year. Sorry I am raving now. Anyways I love this school.

Last modified Alpha Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-12