Gatesville Elementary School 3

Posted October 22, 2013
When my son was at the Primary, I was made to feel very welcome by the staff as were other parents. They still remember my name and ask how my son is. When he began at the Elementary, I was made to feel the exact opposite. They don't want parents up there unless they are subbing. The parties are limited, not by the district but by the school itself. My sons teacher is not friendly towards parents period. She is good with him and good with the other students, but like the majority of the teachers there she treats the children like adults not children. I have heard many complaints not just from other parents but other teachers on other campuses that the one school they had the most problems with next to the High School was the Elementary. They're unfriendliness and their disorganization during dismissal make me wish I had home schooled my son.

Posted January 13, 2006
- a former student

Gatesville Elementary School 4

Posted October 27, 2005
I am a parent of four children that have attended gatesville elementary and I could not be happier with the current principal and staff. My children range from 7 to 24 and all attended gatesville, and the current staff is by far the best, my questions are always answered with respect, and I feel like I am notified quickly whether his glasses broke or he got a rock in his ear. At 7 and 8 years of age there is no extracurricular aactivities available at gatesville. In other schools parents are incouraged to help in the students classes, and that is the only problem i have with gatesville's school system is that they insist on keeping parents out of the class room. We are discouraged from assisting the teachers in any way, at Temple we made copies or just listened to the children read.

Posted March 24, 2005
Great school to have your kids go to if you want a small class size and a teacher that knows your name.

Gatesville Elementary School 4

Posted May 04, 2004
The only concern that I have with this school at this point has to do with occurances dealing with recess and other sporting events. I have had instances where I believe that there are not enough teachers watching the students at recess and this could lead to an injury. I have also had an incident where my child developed an injury from too much activity in P.E.

Posted December 29, 2003
Excellent small town school. The principal really enjoys the students and she understands them. The teaching staff is excellent. We are happy with the entire school system and its leadership.

Posted October 04, 2003
wonderful principal and great secretary! very happy with overall school!

Gatesville Elementary School
311 South Lovers Lane, Gatesville, TX  76528
Last modified Gatesville Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 2-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gatesville Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top