Posted April 02, 2014
My son attends this school, and I appreciate the teachers keeping me informed about my son's grades,activitie, and special events. This is my son's first year at this school, and I must say,it has been a GREAT pleasure.

Posted February 14, 2014
I am a foster parent and I have had so much cooperation with the teachers, office staff that I am really please. I know exactly what's happening with both my kids. One is in first grade and the other in kinder. I always ask questions, want to know how they are doing, make weekly phone calls or conference to find out why my son acted up and why I should be concerned of how he is behaving, or how my foster daughter comes home telling me stories or how school went. I ask what they eat everyday and make a phone call te following day to find out why they are serving what they do. By golly, it's the parents school you have put your kids into and left them in their hands, I am goin to do what I need to do to find out what is going in there. And I must say, everyone has cooperated very well, let us know exactly what and why when need be. I must say I am very proud of this school and how my foster kids react to knowing I have a one on one relationship with their teachers to find out anything I need to know. It helps them behave in school.

Frank D Moates Elementary School 4

Posted February 08, 2014
I live the school so glad my boys go here teachers are careing and will help them if they are struggling

Posted March 06, 2010
This school has been a huge disappointment. My child is in 2nd grade 1st year at Moats. Teachers do not respond to request to help a child that is struggling and the principal could care less and it shows.

Posted September 12, 2009
The caring nature of this school and its excellent staff is represented by the TAKS rating they received this past year. The new assistant principal is a great addition to the school and everyone seems to be on the same page this year even more than before. I'm so glad both of my children go to Moates!

Frank D Moates Elementary School 0

Posted August 10, 2009
I am a teacher at this school. In order to promote a successful learning environment, I think it is up to the parents, teachers, administration, and students. Communication is an important factor. I constantly make sure that my parents are well informed of the rules and procedures that I set forth in my classroom. I have a dedicated website that includes homework assign, upcoming tests, etc.. that I've paid for out of my own pocket to make sure that there is a good parent/teacher relationship. Due to the dedication of all involved, our school has received 'Recognized' on the TAKS Tests. I am proud to say that I am part of the Moates Elem. family. Ms. Grimes 4th grade.

Posted August 10, 2009
My child has gone to Moates ever since kindergarten and we are no longer going to go to this school. The prinicpal, although liked him to begin with, is so lax about discipline and very rude in person and on the phone. Have had a few teachers that were ok, but most were too busy worrying with students that were troublemakers. I suggest you go to another school in Desoto ISD or transfer to another school district. ---Very Unhappy Parent

Posted February 21, 2008
This school has been nothing but a huge dissapointment. I am very displeased with the school's curriculum level, teacher engagement and their procedures surrounding how they address children who continuously target (bully) innocent children who are there to learn. The principal is very laxed and does not make good judgement calls on issues where parents need to be informed. My son will not be continuing with this school.

Frank D Moates Elementary School 3

Posted February 15, 2008
I have two sons that attend this school. One of their teacher is a God snet. She is very helpful and is alwaya willing to help with anything concerning his education. The othe one is the exzact opposite! It seems that she is there because this is her job and she ahs to do it. Granted, my son is learning, she is not open, and has never offered to do anything extra. It is a good school but it really depends on the teacher.

Frank D Moates Elementary School 2

Posted August 28, 2007
This school has been a big disappointment. Some teachers are more concerned with furthering their education rather than educating their students. The principal shows no concern over the lackluster performance of his teachers. The caliber of most of the teachers was shockingly poor. I would recommend transferring your student to another school in the District.

Frank D Moates Elementary School
1500 Heritage Boulevard, Glenn Heights, TX  75154
Last modified Frank D Moates Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Frank D Moates Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top