Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

The school is fine for children without special needs. Special needs requires a lot of addition meetings and attempting to get specialized assistance was personally exhaustive. Parents are cliquish as another review mentioned. Our child had a lot of trouble being bullied and it became a stressful situtation for us. There is a lot of weight placed on standardized testing and addtional tutoring is required if not passed along with mandatory summer school- for a fee. I had trouble personally getting issues resolved with the school and felt there was a break down of communication.

Overall this school is great for children without disabilities. Most of the staff has been "secretly supportive" while the "contract staff" for special needs children has not been as attentive as I would like. the sports teams are excellent and the parent involvement is about 1/2. The parents seem very cliquish and stick to their groups . I give the school an average rating in my opinon because of the difficulties getting outsourced help for my children who are all special needs. There is a lot of pressure for passing the Star & TAsks testings and summer school is mandatory if they fail.

I went to GMS in the 7th and 8th grade. This is my sister's first year in middle school. We both absolutely ove the middle school. She loves her teachers, I loved all my teachers when I went there. There is a lot of teacher involvement and if someone needs one-on-one attention they will get it. The teachers have fun and are nice but they do expect you to work, no goofing around. They have great remedial and gifted classes. Parents are very involved with the school, a lot of the town is. The one problem with the school is not enough electives. But the few they have are soooo much fun. We have great sports teams. Go wildcats! I luv all elective, 7th, and 8th grade teachers!

Last modified Godley Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.