Godley Middle School 2

Posted December 15, 2012
The school is fine for children without special needs. Special needs requires a lot of addition meetings and attempting to get specialized assistance was personally exhaustive. Parents are cliquish as another review mentioned. Our child had a lot of trouble being bullied and it became a stressful situtation for us. There is a lot of weight placed on standardized testing and addtional tutoring is required if not passed along with mandatory summer school- for a fee. I had trouble personally getting issues resolved with the school and felt there was a break down of communication.

Godley Middle School 3

Posted February 28, 2012
Overall this school is great for children without disabilities. Most of the staff has been "secretly supportive" while the "contract staff" for special needs children has not been as attentive as I would like. the sports teams are excellent and the parent involvement is about 1/2. The parents seem very cliquish and stick to their groups . I give the school an average rating in my opinon because of the difficulties getting outsourced help for my children who are all special needs. There is a lot of pressure for passing the Star & TAsks testings and summer school is mandatory if they fail.

Godley Middle School 1

Posted December 05, 2009

Godley Middle School 5

Posted February 23, 2009

Godley Middle School 5

Posted April 03, 2007
- a former student
I went to GMS in the 7th and 8th grade. This is my sister's first year in middle school. We both absolutely ove the middle school. She loves her teachers, I loved all my teachers when I went there. There is a lot of teacher involvement and if someone needs one-on-one attention they will get it. The teachers have fun and are nice but they do expect you to work, no goofing around. They have great remedial and gifted classes. Parents are very involved with the school, a lot of the town is. The one problem with the school is not enough electives. But the few they have are soooo much fun. We have great sports teams. Go wildcats! I luv all elective, 7th, and 8th grade teachers!

Godley Middle School 4

Posted June 05, 2005
This is was my sons first year at the middle school. He has to have extra attention to help him in his subjects. This school is great if your child is pretty self sufficient. They are over loaded and under funded. The people are great and willing to do what they 'can' to help. Very personable and I love them all.

Godley Middle School 0

Posted October 06, 2003
My stepchild is only in the 6th grade, however I haven t seen much teacher s involvement with the parents at all. I am very much concerned about my child s grades, attitude, willing to learn etc. and the only info I get from the school is the report cards, which he makes excellent grades and I am very proud of him for that. I would just like to see a better rapport with the teachers as well. I know for a fact they (teachers) don't hesitate to call the parents of the children that act up in school, so why not go out on that extra limb and compensate the good ones as well? The more that I am aware that my child is doing good the more rewards & praise I will be giving him, just to give him that extra incentive!

Godley Middle School
409 North Pearson Street, Godley, TX  76044
Last modified Godley Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Godley Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top