PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

We have been at CCA for 10 years. It is our family. My kids have made lifelong friends, they love the teachers and they love the opportunities afforded by being at a Christian school. This year they have classes at the elementary and junior high level that include Spanish, computer, cooking, band, and art. The teachers give so much to our kids I can't thank them enough.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Great teachers! They are really interested in seeing all of their students do well. Many have taught for years either there at CCA, while others have come over from public schools to a better atmosphere. No school is perfect, but the teachers here are truly good.

Amount of homework: Agree

It is tough honestly as you have to stay on top of things. However, the classes balance out overall and again, the rigor has prepared me to succeed in college. The teachers know when things are happening and usually lighten during those times (i.e. playoffs, history fairs, etc.). The school also has a policy designating test days so that students don't excessive exams fall on one day.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school is focused on academic and spiritual growth equally. They are interested in competing to the best of one's ability, but are equally concerned with the character building.

I graduated from CCA after having attended public schools for much of my life. What a blessing it was to come to Cornerstone. The academic experience was personal and challenging. Being in college, I have found that my years at CCA totally prepared me for success in college. While at CCA I was able to develop viable relationships with teachers and coaches who mentored me and poured into me spiritually. Academically, Mrs. Swaim, Mrs. Rogers and Mrs. Grohman are the best! They challenged all of us at high levels which have helped me tremendously at college! The school is small, but personal, and students have a great opportunity to become well rounded because of the many programs offered at CCA! Athletics are top notch, with a great work out facility. The worship music is amazing each week in chapel! Thank you CCA for opening the doors of opportunity for me! The scholarships I earned from my success at CCA have opened the doors of higher education for me. Thanks so much! God bless all who work there!

We really have loved cornerstone this year. Our son is in the prek program and has grown so much and we love Mrs. Sauer. I feel safe sending our son to school every day. Great great program.

My son started Kindergarten this year. He has grown so much as an individual in all areas spiritually, physically, emotionally, socially, and academically. His teacher to student ratio is very low compared to the public school. He enjoys the close knit family he has here. The parents of his classmates are family as well. We enjoy the fellowship with one another especially with sports. The curriculum is A beka and it is challenging for the students. He enjoys waking up and going to school. Teachers are nice and really have a heart for their students.

Academic excellence in a Christian environment! Students are more than a number to the staff, but are treasured as God's children with a fantastic plan for their lives! Our family loves Cornerstone!

CCA is a warm and friendly Christ Centered School. The teachers have been so influential in the life of my two children. They have grown spiritually, emotionally, academically and socially at school school. My kids world makes sense, church, home and school---Jesus is in all those places! They have an opportunity to play elementary sports, speech meet, and all of their lessons are tied back to God's Word! Great job CCA!! We are so glad we have a great place to send our children!

Our kids are attending CCA because they love the atmosphere there. They have friends with excellent character and teachers who are awesome encouragers and models of how faith is to be lived out. We have done public school, home school and now CCA for several years and each has its unique challenges. If you are a believer looking for a true christian school experience for your kids in the Granbury area, this is the place. The school is now sharing the Church of Christ building near Granbury High School. They are still non-denominational in nature but are being hosted by the church as a wonderful kindness while the school plans a future site. The kids say it is working out great. They also have an excellent weight room, locker rooms and showers at the old Meander Rd. site. They still host their home football games under the lights there. The new athletic director, Coach Ike, has been great for my older kids by focusing on consistent long range conditioning for overall prevention of injury in any sport of which the school offers many. Blessings to you in your seach for the best place for your children.

Last modified Cornerstone Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12