PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

THE TEACHERS AT NCTA ARE THE BEST AROUND!! 5++++++++ star rating. I LOVE all of my old teachers and continue to speak with them to this day. They care about you both inside and out of the classroom.

Develops character: Strongly agree

NCTA faculty and staff treat all of their students with the highest level of integrity and respect, regardless of their culture or upbringing.

I am now an alumni to North Central Texas Academy, so I feel it is important for everyone to know just how great my old high school is. I learned more at NCTA than any of my past schools in Granbury (I attended both public and private). The faculty and staff absolutely want all of their students to succeed and taught me important life lessons in a loving, Christ-like environment. There were countless opportunities for me to grow as a student at NCTA, and best of all, I was introduced to so many different cultures! Yes, NCTA is an international school, so it truly is a "melting pot!" My only regret with NCTA is that I should have gone there sooner rather than later!!

We have lived in Granbury for 2 years, in those 2 years I have watched my daughter go from being an A stifled the to A,B student! I have told the teachers over an over that she needs more challenging work. That she gets bored way to easy and no one would listen to me. So after the 3rd trip to ISS for talking (by the way she's 8) I said that was enough. So I bit the bullet and thought about private school. My daughter is a CHANGED KID. She is so much more respectful, happy and she hasn't got in trouble a single day! Her grades are straight A's again! This school know what they are doing! I am very happy to have found this school and they deserve a great deal of credit for how much they do for their students. My VERY INTELLIGENT daughter (not just saying that because I'm her mom) was about to be written off. Now she has a chance at becoming the Veternarian she wants to be! Awesome school!

My kids have been at this school for several years. I can assure you that the school does not tolerate bullying, as someone else posted. We have gone to the office with concerns and suggestions regarding or kids many times and have received nothing but professional and caring results. The opportunity my kids have at NCTA to learn from and interact with such a diverse and academically focused student body can not be matched anywhere near Granbury.

This school has students from all over the world, and that will not be found in any other local school. With boarding, day, and international students, the education is remarkably similar to what students will face in college. NCTA has won dozens of TAPPS state championships in art, music, and athletics. These accomplishments can only be done with happy staff and students. For those who have nothing better to do than make disparaging remarks, I'd suggest they move on with their lives and take care of their children. It's an unfortunate aspect of the internet that anyone can sling untruths as easily as they desire. My children received a wonderful education and are doing fantastic in college.

As a parent, I have to say, North Central Texas Academy has been a wonderful experience for my children. Mrs. Smith, the Principal and Mrs. Schwausch, the Assistant Principal have been wonderful, effective, articulate and professional. Their focus and knowledge of curriculum and education is really impressive. Mrs. Schwaush's family started this school like 40 years ago. I think it is neat that she is the third generation joining her families ministry. We are excited about the education for our kids. The seniors this year got into some really amazing colleges and there was like just under 100,000 in college scholarships given away. My daughter is really good friends with the boarding students. They come over and just seem like really happy, well-adjusted, smart kids. We are blessed to be a part of such an amazing school. And the fact that my kids get to interact with other people their age from all over the world is amazing. It has really opened their eyes up to the world. I think when it comes time for them to go to college, they are really going to be equipped. Submitted by a parent

This school is a great school in preparing students for college. However, it is very elitist and tolerates bullying if the staff and administration do not care for the student or the family of the student. I would highly suggest alternative schools to send your children.

The school has high standards, as they prepare students for university studies. Parents with children who need emotional care should not become angry at a school that is not designed to best work with their child's disabilities. HHFA will accept any student who is able to do the work and has high aspirations, whether they can afford a private, Christian education or not. The staff works amazingly hard to find scholarships for those who cannot afford it. If you are looking for a K-12 school that is Christian, yet with a diverse student body that will prepare them for what they will encounter at a university, then you can do no better than HHFA.

The mission of HHFA has never changed. It was always to offer the ability for a first-class education to be available to underprivileged students who could never afford one. In the past, HHFA did accept students who had more emotional needs. Great work was done even with those who needed residential treatment, but there are thousands of children with normal ability and high goals who also need help. Several years ago, those were all helped to transition to residential treatment. The Academy now functions like a university, with students from diverse backgrounds -- caring parents, underprivileged, day, boarding, and international. All desire higher education. Almost 90% are on scholarships, yet now, the students come with the ability and desire to do college-preparatory work. The Academy did wonderful work many years ago, even with those who had severe problems, but they still work with underprivileged students whom no one else is willing to help. By combining them with other students in order to make the overall program better, and even more successful, should be praised, not criticized. Lives are still being changed, and society will be better because of HHFA!

Last modified North Central Texas Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12