Posted July 29, 2014
Marshall is a great school with very good teachers. Bilingual program and they teach very good habits to the children. The best experience ever!

Posted September 26, 2013
My daughter started all day pre-k this year. I was nervous as all parents are nervous im sure because its their child's first year of school. Her teacher is wonderful. Her teacher keeps the parents up to date on what is going on and so does the school. I love how I can email the teacher and get text messages and emails from the school as well. I can tell my daughter is learning because she comes home and tells me something brand new each and every day. They seem very organized and would recommend this school to anyone in the district. My daughter will continue her elementary education at Marshall if at all possible!! =) - A very concerned and involved Parent.

Thurgood Marshall Leadership Acade 4

Posted July 11, 2010
This is my children's 3rd year at Marshall this fall, and we've had nothing but a positive experience there. Ms.Carlise has been the same principal since my children have enrolled in 2008 and she's been great. The office staff have been friendly and attentive and I feel respected by all of them everytime I go to Marshall. The teachers really care about the students well being and work hard to make sure everyone in the class stays on top. But ofcourse we as parents have to do our part and not expect the schools to do every single thing.

Posted April 27, 2010
This school is excellent my child has been going there since it opend in 2004 and is in 5th grade she says its a blast and that the principal there is relly nice.

Posted April 02, 2009
This is the greatest school. Wonderful staff and friendly office! Can't wait to see how great next year will be!

Thurgood Marshall Leadership Acade 1

Posted January 12, 2009
This is my first year at Grand Prairie ISD and at Thurgood Marshall Elementary School. I though that I was the only one feeling that way. Everytime I step into the office I have an uncomfortable feeling. No one say anything to you, unless you get their attention. The school administration does not call you and does not send you letter. You are right about that. I experience the same thing. I been going to other district before and had not experience anything like this with the school administration. I feel that if the school really care about their students education. They should take more initative to communication with the parents or send letter home. Either the administrative office is short in staffs or they just do not care. It make me feel like looking for another school to.

Posted January 07, 2009
This school has had a new principal every year for the last four years. With the high turn over in the administration, we continue to lose great teachers. The PTA president does care and do well, but many parents do not, and it shows in their children's grades, attitude, and speech. This school does have a new facility and computers. Overall, only a few children succeed.

Posted August 24, 2007
I am highly disapointed in the school's administration office.This is my childs first year at this school I have not gotten one phone call nor letter giving me any information. the office staff is very rude on the telphone.I am now in the process of looking for another school for my child to attend.

Thurgood Marshall Leadership Acade
1160 West Warrior Trail, Grand Prairie, TX  75052
Last modified Thurgood Marshall Leadership Acade is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thurgood Marshall Leadership Acade Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top