Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

Great staff. They truly care about the kids and want them to succeed. Lots of activities and opportunities for parents to get involved.

My kids transferred in to this school from another school district. This school district is very advanced. My kids were somewhat behind as this school was ahead in Math and Reading. They really helped my kids get caught up by offering daily tutoring and within 3 month they were caught up. We could not have asked for a better support system.

Excellent school and very advanced. Teachers are great and the staff is excellent. Family environment.

Very advanced in education. I transferred my niece from another school district to here and she was behind. However, with the motivation of the teachers offering all the help necessary, my niece excelled and caught up to everyone else. Awesome Teachers and faculty. It is like a family as everyone knows your name. Excellent curriculum.

Everyone at CSE is like family. Our daughter loves all of her teachers and now that she is getting older enjoys participating in the activity clubs.

Cora Spencer is a school that has an amazing administrative team and loving, student-centered teachers and staff. Our family has been blessed to attend such a strong school. They encourage parent involvement and invite the community to visit on a regular basis. Each grade level is comprised of highly qualified teachers, research-based lesson plans, and dedicated fine arts and enrichment teachers. Thank you, Cora Spencer, for making our neighborhood proud!

My child was out of state n behind. I received help from the staff. They helped my child significantly. He may not have passed all parts of the star but they did tutor him after identifying him as being at risk. He was considered to be,retained but summer school helped, n he went on. We had a issue of my child n some negative words said to him by another student n the assist principal got back with me quickly on a resolution. He has been very community active with food drives, learning to tie ties, opera attendance an etc. Very culturally diverse. Learning keyboarding skills, apps, art, music were wonderful. I was a great year.

I transferred my child to this school in mid-year. My child was behind as far as this school goes and the only thing they wanted to do was retain my child! As far as the teacher, she was nice and not sure if she knew how to deal with my child. I communicated with her on a regular basis. The school that my child came from, my child wasn't considered behind. With that said, my child was considered behind at Cora Spencer. Had a meeting with the teacher, principal counselor, they all agreed to retain my kid. Is that the only solution, really? So I asked about summer school surely this school has it, right? They offer only a two week summer school program, only for the kids that are right there on the tip of passing. That's not offering no chance for a child to catch up. So they just throw them to the side to be retained!! I have never seen a school that expect for 6-7 yr olds to act like little soldiers. They assume just because your kid is not a quiet kid, he/she needs to be put on medication. I am not putting my child on medication, do your job! News flash, all kids are not the same!

The only reason to send a child to this school is if you want them to be trainined to be a little robot. I am so dissatisfied with this school this year that I have removed my child from it for next year. It's really sad when a child is bullied by a teacher and nothing is done, despite solid evidence to support the bullying. Other students were allowed to publicly humiliate my child and no one stopped them! I know this because my husband was there to witness it. This principal, while miles better than the last, failed to take care of my child when my child most needed him. The assistant principal is no better. While she pretends to care, all she cares about it blowing smoke to get you off of her to do list. The parents at this school aren't much better. Most parents are cold and unaccepting. If you are not a SAHM, your child will get placed in the worst teachers' class and you will be treated like an outsider. If you have a choice in where your child attends school, don't choose CSE. My child suffers from anxiety and stress headaches, and is now in therapy because of the hard time the teacher gave this year... trust me, nothing is worth that!

My child has been a student at CSE since kindergarten and I have to say that while I agree that the previous principal was unapproachable and kind of cold, the teachers have always been great. They are invested in our kids an want them to succeed as much as we do as parents. I am constantly emailing the teacher to ask questions and advice on how to address specific lessons and she is always open, friendly and helpful. My child is more motivated to be better and do better because of the new direction the school is taking by encouraging discipline, education and fun with their new college "houses". I'm also very happy that they are involved in helping families and kids in need. My child wanted to make sure I knew to donate shoes and canned goods today. Great direction and very happy with the new principal who greets parents and kids each morning when we are dropping out kids off in the car pool lane.

Last modified Cora Spencer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.