Posted October 15, 2013
Cora Spencer is an outstanding school with great, caring teachers and a leadership team that is deeply involved. Our daughter is in the Gifted and Talented Program and it provides the extra emphasis she needs to be challenged. We look forward to our son starting Kindergarten in the upcoming school year and having our children grow more each year.

Cora Spencer Elementary School 2

Posted July 31, 2013
I transferred my child to this school in mid-year. My child was behind as far as this school goes and the only thing they wanted to do was retain my child! As far as the teacher, she was nice and not sure if she knew how to deal with my child. I communicated with her on a regular basis. The school that my child came from, my child wasn't considered behind. With that said, my child was considered behind at Cora Spencer. Had a meeting with the teacher, principal counselor, they all agreed to retain my kid. Is that the only solution, really? So I asked about summer school surely this school has it, right? They offer only a two week summer school program, only for the kids that are right there on the tip of passing. That's not offering no chance for a child to catch up. So they just throw them to the side to be retained!! I have never seen a school that expect for 6-7 yr olds to act like little soldiers. They assume just because your kid is not a quiet kid, he/she needs to be put on medication. I am not putting my child on medication, do your job! News flash, all kids are not the same!

Cora Spencer Elementary School 2

Posted June 06, 2013
The only reason to send a child to this school is if you want them to be trainined to be a little robot. I am so dissatisfied with this school this year that I have removed my child from it for next year. It's really sad when a child is bullied by a teacher and nothing is done, despite solid evidence to support the bullying. Other students were allowed to publicly humiliate my child and no one stopped them! I know this because my husband was there to witness it. This principal, while miles better than the last, failed to take care of my child when my child most needed him. The assistant principal is no better. While she pretends to care, all she cares about it blowing smoke to get you off of her to do list. The parents at this school aren't much better. Most parents are cold and unaccepting. If you are not a SAHM, your child will get placed in the worst teachers' class and you will be treated like an outsider. If you have a choice in where your child attends school, don't choose CSE. My child suffers from anxiety and stress headaches, and is now in therapy because of the hard time the teacher gave this year... trust me, nothing is worth that!

Posted October 23, 2012
My child has been a student at CSE since kindergarten and I have to say that while I agree that the previous principal was unapproachable and kind of cold, the teachers have always been great. They are invested in our kids an want them to succeed as much as we do as parents. I am constantly emailing the teacher to ask questions and advice on how to address specific lessons and she is always open, friendly and helpful. My child is more motivated to be better and do better because of the new direction the school is taking by encouraging discipline, education and fun with their new college "houses". I'm also very happy that they are involved in helping families and kids in need. My child wanted to make sure I knew to donate shoes and canned goods today. Great direction and very happy with the new principal who greets parents and kids each morning when we are dropping out kids off in the car pool lane.

Posted October 22, 2012
We have a new principal! Yeah! This year is by far the best year we have had! The teachers and staff are wonderful! I can feel a complete transformation this year compared to previous years at Spencer and it's an answer to prayer! We love the Colleges that are new this year! My kids are even happier and notice many of the teachers and staff are as well! BEST YEAR EVER!!! The principal even eats lunch with the kids! So glad to be a Spencer Bronco this year!!!!

Cora Spencer Elementary School 1

Posted February 23, 2012
awful school. They cant even control 5 year olds. If god forbid they dont act like little soldiers , they are targeted as problems.

Cora Spencer Elementary School 4

Posted October 18, 2010
Although I do agree the the main focus of this school is the TAKS test I still believe the teachers and staff care very much of the students. This year is my son's first year at this school and after his first week he had to be moved to a different class to accommodate all the new 3rd graders this year. At first I was very worried but after they had a ice cream social so the kids could get acquainted with their new teacher I felt much better about the decision. She a great teacher and is doing every thing she can to make sure my son is doing his best in class. Two thumbs up for Ms. Molinar.

Cora Spencer Elementary School 1

Posted February 14, 2010
The school has under cover problems with teachers and the admin staff.. individuals new to the area may not be aware of the problems. The school has a turn over rate of teachers. Many of the current teachers are new to the school. I agree with the review that states the admin is cold, because they are. I also agree that they only care about the taks, because that is all they care about. Be aware.

Cora Spencer Elementary School 0

Posted November 02, 2009
Spencer has such great and caring faculty and staff!

Posted October 10, 2009

Cora Spencer Elementary School
3140 South Camino Lagos, Grand Prairie, TX  75054
Last modified Cora Spencer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cora Spencer Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top