Grand Prairie, TX
Students enrolled: 1,512

John A Dubiski Career High School 2

Posted May 08, 2015
My daughter is attending this school and is impossible to change pathway once you you have selected a particular pathway, you stucked with that or change to a different school. This school is so concern about its status quo than the students themselves. I am very disappointed with the school leadership here. At the begin I was told that student may change pathway once finished the 1st year, but this is simply false. Your request for pathway change is automatic denied. I will transfer my child to a different school! E

Posted October 14, 2013
I honestly love going to this school. I have matured a lot coming here and I have learned what I want do when I am older. By coming here I have had the chance to meet important people and able to get my name to important people in my career field. I also love that there is no bullying and everyone can be who they are and have whatever sexual orientation and not be judged #Classof2015

Posted January 20, 2013
I love this school :) I've matured a lot by coming to this school, and the main thing is that there is no bullying and there isn't any cliques. #Class of 2015 !

John A Dubiski Career High School 4

Posted April 29, 2010
i think the school is and awesome way to know what pathway you want to take in life as far as your career. like me im taking health science and i think its wonderful and most of the teacher are hard, but the only reason for that is to push us hard cause they know we already know some what of what we want to be. i love the school and all but they need to lightin up on the dress code we cant even wear jeans we have to dress in slacks and blouses and collier t-shirts everyday. but sometimes they do give us jean day but you have to pay for it and it has only happen twice out of this whole school year.

John A Dubiski Career High School 1

Posted April 06, 2010
I disagree with nearly every student on site, Dubiski is not a superior school just because its new, or has laptops, in fact the opposite could be said due to the abuse of those said 'privileges' and the staff at the school are only concerned about grades not the students well being, And to say that this schools students are better is ridiculous. I ve attended both schools and can tell you that all of Dubiski students are made up of one of either A people who deserve and want to be there or B people who have no business being at a school that offers what Dubiski is suppose to deliver.

Posted March 07, 2010
Dubiski is a great concept and it appears that the majority of students actually want to be here. It is helping me to want to teach kids in their chosen field. It is so refreshing to see them applying themselves and trying their hardest to achieve. Good job!

John A Dubiski Career High School

Posted December 15, 2009
Now i strongly disagree with dubiski having a better knwoledge than GP and SGP currently i am a part time student and would rather go to dubiski than GP because it has better looks and i am more of a computer note taker. Now i see the problem with GP is that they don't enforce the dress code as much as GP and SGP do. and the teacher what some people call 'the lazy teachers' are still the same thing at dubiski they just moved from GP and SGP and not almost everyone at dubiski is smart most of the students in dubiski attend that school because of it's laptops. I am a computer technician in that school from GP and i also work in the receptionist area and i see that around 95 percent of the students are using the laptops for the wrong reason

Posted November 30, 2009
This is an excellent high schools, the school has better students than GP, and SGP. Also the school has everything new. It should be only a Magnet School for Pre-AP/GT students, but I think they will change it to that eventually. But the students there are still better and smarter than the students at GP, and SGP

Posted November 28, 2009
I am currently attending this school and i am having so much fun on this the teachers are awesome well some of them they do have a couple of teachers that look like they don't want teach there but at least they try their best not to give up the dress code i like it we look professional and looking at other students like that make me wanna work and work better because i know that i am getting all the knowledge i need to succeed in live i wanna give my special thnx to all the teachers and administration there and keep up the good work :)

Posted November 09, 2009
This school is amazing. It has the largest collection of e-books in the country. Not only that all the teachers want to be here. So chances are your get a teacher intersted in teaching rather than a pay check. The students also want to be here and the laptops make the homework efficient

John A Dubiski Career High School
2990 Highway 161, Grand Prairie, TX  75052
Last modified John A Dubiski Career High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John A Dubiski Career High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top