Harmony Science Academy - Grand Prairie 2

Posted May 03, 2014
This school is extremely unorganized and is always worried about its budget. Although most of the teachers here are great, they are extremely limited to the amount of things they could because of the tight budget. Sincerely, i don't see why there even has to be a tight budget problem, when this school apparently has enough money to build an artificial soccer field and add a fence around the school. And this isn't the only Harmony school that suffers of these problems, many other Harmony schools in Dallas suffer the similar problems. The school buildings are made of either old stores or churches. This organization ,from the looks of it, believes that quantity is better than quality. Although the school at least does one thing well, and that's the good teachers they have. The attitude of the students vary from grade to grade. I would suggest for the school to be more organized and prepared for the next school year. Their priorities on budget should be on improve the building itself, since it is so old and small that the high school students are going to be moved to a different school.

Posted April 03, 2014
Gud Skewl fer kidz hu want 2 lern maths and englishes. De techers r nise and help me with kollije.

Posted March 26, 2014
This is a great school. My son has been attending HSA GP for 3 years now, yes, at first I too was put off by the accents and that so many are from Turkey. Three years later, I really like all of the faculty, especially the ones with the accents, they have never failed to answer my questions and they have really helped my son. My only disappointment is that they are closing down the High School. We'll really miss GP and its great and caring faculty.

Posted March 17, 2014
I am a recent graduate from the GP location, I had been a student here since the school opened, and I am APPALLED at the negative comments. Yes, A LOT of the staff do have heavy accents, but what these negative commenters fail to inform you is that the staff with accents are foreign language teachers, or EXCELLENT math and/or science teachers. If you are looking for a smaller school this is an ideal school; however, if you are looking for a bigger school public school is the way to go. As a former student, with a graduating class of 20, I am confused as to the negative comments saying the classes are "over crowded". I, myself, loved the smaller student and staff sizes, this giving teachers more time to focus on students individual needs. To address the comment on the pamphlet having pictures from another campus, I received a similar pamphlet...WHEN THIS LOCATION OPENED, thus did not have any pictures to add. This location is now open and fully functional, with many different activities/clubs. Finally to address the communication, staff provide posters at the front office, as well a weekly email send out informing parents of events going on at the school. I loved my school!!!

Posted March 06, 2014
WORST EXPERIENCE!!!! So we thought our child would excel here because he is very smart and public schools were boring him. BUT, he can't learn anything in a toxic environment. The school is too worried about funding and has low income, misbehaved, disrespectful brats in their school. He was bullied so bad that he cried after school and begged me to put him in another school. He has a scar on his head from trauma when he was born and the kids in 6th grade were so cruel. We told the principle, disciplinary teacher and teachers what was going on and they did nothing. The worst part was the other students were making fun of him in Spanish! HOW PATHETIC!

Posted February 18, 2014
I'm a current student at harmony science academy grand prairie. I do many extracurricular events and love my school. I love the use of technology and believe our school is advancing fast and staying ahead with technology.

Posted February 03, 2014
I love HSAGP. I have 2 students there and we have experienced Elementary, Jr. HIgh and High School at this campus. Although they have nice equipment, clubs and challenging classes, the teachers and administrators are the best thing about the school. They obviously care about the students and go the extra mile. They are much more accessible than any other school we have attended. I feel like I have an entire united team looking out for my kids. I appreciate that my students are held to a higher standard not only academically but in their behavior and character as well. As a smaller school, teachers can care more for the "whole child" and not just whatever subject content they happen to responsible for. I highly recommend HSAGP!

Posted January 23, 2014
My son was a target for bullying at public schools and his self esteem were very low. We have noticed a tremendous change in attitude, self esteem and increase in his academic ability. Everyone is different, and just because one person may have a bitter experience another might love it.

Posted January 16, 2014
This school, however successful academically, is not worth it's hype. Harmony is incredibly disorganized, never failing to notify the parents last minute or poorly (Ex: This year "through tough determination" decided to no longer sustain High School and is now only k-8, and they only thing they did was update the site, like someone just randomly checks the site :/) About 50% to 60% of the teachers have thick accents, don't speak English very well or don't know what they're doing and aren't certified yet. Plus this new astounding Chromebook grant thing is all a hoax they have blocked everything except testing sites and the Harmony Sites. Saying it's mainly for English and math no research can be done for random essays given by the English teacher. Don't even get me started on the pamphlet given to me when I first enrolled. It enticed me with amazing thing and pictures to prove themselves... only to find it was false information and from another campus. The tricks didn't end there; they carry a picture framed nicely for enticement that says how it has an 100% college acceptance rate however they won't give u u're HS-diploma until you are accepted to a college and can prove it :l

Posted November 21, 2013
Horrible school, both of my children attend and neither learns anything. The teachers have almost no training in any type of education, and most have thick accents that make it extremely hard for my children to learn. Furthermore the school is very unorganized, which I feel also sets a horrible example for high schoolers here that are going to be in college soon. The school itself is horribly underfunded and the building is falling apart. If you're thinking of sending any of your children here, I would think again about public school.

Harmony Science Academy - Grand Prairie
1102 NW 7th St, Grand Prairie, TX  75050
Last modified Harmony Science Academy - Grand Prairie is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harmony Science Academy - Grand Prairie Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top